What happens if we're waitlisted for first seating?

Archaegeo

Currently for our cruise next week, we are listed as First Seating (traditional) but on waitlist.

When we check on board if we are still waitlisted, do we get shifted to second seating or do we shift automatically to Anytime dining. Should I call ahead and change it?

Currently for our cruise next week, we are listed as First Seating (traditional) but on waitlist.

When we check on board if we are still waitlisted, do we get shifted to second seating or do we shift automatically to Anytime dining. Should I call ahead and change it?

Normally, if you are waitlisted, you will be assigned anytime dining if you don't clear the waitlist. Most cruises a week before sailing (heck, usually months before sailing) the traditional dining, both early and late, are usually totally filled up. You can wait in line the first afternoon and talk to the Maitre D' if you like, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Good Luck!

If you get anytime dining, you can always make a reservation for a table at about the same time as 1st seating--- this is almost the same although other tables will be on different schedules so the effect is not exactly the same. Or, you could try the real principle of anytime and just show up when you are ready for dinner --- you might like it.

Usually, you're given a waitlist number....what number are you? It will give you a pretty good idea as to whether you have a chance or not in getting the seating you first requested.

You'll be given "anytime" dining, if you don't make it into the dining time you asked for.

Sometimes, people do not show-up or [they may have decided to do anytime or the buffet] and, there will be seats open. But the Matre d' won't know this until after the first night.

If you truly want a certain seating......approach the Matre d' on the first evening and give him your cabin number and your request.....it's very possible you'll get what you want.

They will announce a time in the Princess Patter on Embarkation day that the Maitre'D will be in the dining room to deal with issues like this. It is usually around 1pm to 3pm or something like that. He will do his best to accmodate you and your party.

If it is a smaller ship with one dining room, you will get second seating.

Unless you carry on like a lunatic and the maitre d will do anything to get rid of you and give you first seating. Happened on April 10th. :eek:

Unless you carry on like a lunatic and the maitre d will do anything to get rid of you and give you first seating. Happened on April 10th. :eek:

Someone acted like an idiot?? Anyone we know and, well anyone we know??

Do I get three guesses? ROFL :D (bet I only would need one) ;)

Why am I not surprised?? Oh thats right, this person threw hissy fits here, where no one could help. Why wouldn't they do it on the Pacific P

Our DD and her Fiance (unofficial ;)) booked their cruise the end of Feb for August on the Golden and were waitlisted for main dinning first seating. They were #79 at the time of booking and as of yesterday (5/19) they were #11. Princess told her that they should have no problem clearing the waitlist. We are hoping they do because we are already confirmed for first seating. We will see....As someone asked earlier, did they give you a waitlist #?

We just returned from a Transatlantic cruise (on Emerald Princess) and prior to boarding, we were also waitlisted for the traditional dining, although for the second seating. We spoke to the Maitre d' upon boarding and he told us to return to the dining room at 8pm for our seating assignment which we got. Two of our table mates had also been waitlisted although I'm not sure why as the dining room had a number of empty tables for the whole cruise, possibly because it was for the later dining.:)

If you are on a ship with Anytime Dining you will get that. If it is a smaller ship with one dining room, you will get second seating.

Now that would suck.

Well, it beats the alternative of NO seating . . . that would be one long, hungry cruise.

Archived