Milestones...

You guys hear about carnival's new program called milestones? I saw this on their website yesterday...... On your 25th, 50th, and 100th carnival cruise... The milestone cruises... They will give you 25, 50, and 100 percent of the price of that cruise back to you via OBC. Pretty cool program... But 100 cruises?! Holy funship batman! That's a lot of cruises!

You guys hear about carnival's new program called milestones? I saw this on their website yesterday...... On your 25th, 50th, and 100th carnival cruise... The milestone cruises... They will give you 25, 50, and 100 percent of the price of that cruise back to you via OBC. Pretty cool program... But 100 cruises?! Holy funship batman! That's a lot of cruises!

Not so new, its been around for a few years now. Tom & Cheryl are Milestone members. I'm only 11 cruises away for the first milestone.

Fred

I'm getting my first milestone on the Thanksgiving Spirit cruise and DH is getting his on the Miracle 12/14/09.

It can be done, it takes determination!:D

I was on a RCCL cruise and they announced a couple who was on board (elderly) that had done over 100 cruises on RCCL. It's not unheard of.

P.S. We booked suites on each of our milestones to get the maximum credit.

Almost sounds like a good reason to move to Florida ...

Only obstacle standing between me and my first Milestone sailing on CCL (which is already booked and paid) is this darn thing called a calendar.

<sigh> :(

Hey Don - were you able to pick the sailing for your 25% OBC?

Tom

Only obstacle standing between me and my first Milestone sailing on CCL (which is already booked and paid) is this darn thing called a calendar.

<sigh> :(

My only obstacle would be a darn thing called a husband. It is the price you pay when you marry a Navy guy. He says been there done that, but not on a cruise ship. I should have insisted on a Air Force guy, LOL! Wait, I probably wouldn't be able to fly anywhere, make that an Army guy like my dad.

Janice

Hi Tom - I'm a bit confused...................is there an advantage to booking suites?

According to CWcruisers - it seems there is....................

Chick.

With a few other lines you do get extra "cruise credits" for booking suites, or taking longer (12+ day) cruises. That is not the case with Carnival. 1 cruise = 1 cruise - whether in a suite or in steerage and regardless of the duration of the cruise.

Tom

Lol and here i was thinking i'd stumbled upon carnival's newest program... Apparently not. Whoops. :)

But still... 100 cruises is quite a few!

It has been around since October 2007 : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=637109

But, if anyone just "discovers" it, then it is new to them! :)

Tom

With a few other lines you do get extra "cruise credits" for booking suites, or taking longer (12+ day) cruises. That is not the case with Carnival. 1 cruise = 1 cruise - whether in a suite or in steerage and regardless of the duration of the cruise.

Tom

Thanks - new it was probably too good to be true....................

Chick.

I was on a TA 2 day cruise on the Splendor in March and had dinner with a Carnival VP. During dinner we discussed loyalty programs. He asked for input regarding this program. During the give and take, he mentioned that CArnival had hired the loyalty guy from Marriott (not positive it's Marriott, I had more than a few cocktails by then) and there would be significant changes to this program. Not sure what that means, other than I hope for some positive things.

100 cruises seems a major sum, but considering that on the last bloggers cruise John Heald hosted in February on the Fantasy, it doesn't seem illogical. He featured a family travelling in the group and the 7 year old daughter of the family had 15, yes FIFTEEN cruises under her belt. She was the youngest platinum guest n the ship and I would say youngest ever. SEVEN years old and she's been on fifteen cruises, wow. Imagine how many she will have been on by the time she turns 18--perhaps 25 or more.

I'm tickled pink to be getting close to Platinum status (Cruise #8 and 9 are booked for Sept 09/Jan 10). Cruise #10 is likely to be Sept 10, UNLESS I get fortunate enough and finally get lucky to have my lucky numbers drawn in the lottery. I would have to win enough to support my two or three cruises a year habit I have and have enough for spending money too...I figure $250grand would do nicely....

I was on a TA 2 day cruise on the Splendor in March and had dinner with a Carnival VP. During dinner we discussed loyalty programs. He asked for input regarding this program. During the give and take, he mentioned that CArnival had hired the loyalty guy from Marriott (not positive it's Marriott, I had more than a few cocktails by then) and there would be significant changes to this program. Not sure what that means, other than I hope for some positive things.

The fellow was from Starwood Hotels - featured in an interview on John Heald's 1/5/09 blog: http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/01/05/cmo/

Well... he has had a few months on the job, and we are now starting to see PICTURE FRAMES. I trust that is just the start (I sure hope so, LOL).

Tom

Hey Don - were you able to pick the sailing for your 25% OBC?

Oh, poop, I did forget to post my research on that one, didn't I? Sorry.:o

Called the special number, and they didn't have an immediate answer (as I think it was the first time asked, due to that situation). They called back next day, and I can definitely use it on a later, and higher valued, sailing.:)

But, if anyone just "discovers" it, then it is new to them! :)

And Tom should know. I think he and Cheryl 'discovered' it around 2:00 AM one morning. I still chuckle at that fax story. :D

And Tom should know. I think he and Cheryl 'discovered' it around 2:00 AM one morning. I still chuckle at that fax story. :D

And THAT was one of the main reasons I shifted to a 1-800 (internet= FAX.com) fax # instead of one which RINGS your phone at all hours!!

Tom

Archived