How do I reveal the surprise of an upgraded room!?

pseudochicken

What a lucky girl! If the luggage tags may be an issue, perhaps you could ask a family member to ask her for help with their luggage tags. If she is busy with them, you can fill out yours. Have a great cruise!

Thanks again for the ideas!

Putting our family's room number on the tags would be fine, but I don't see the point because I would have to keep that secret anyway. There would need to be some reason to explain to my girlfriend to put my family's room number on the tags. Otherwise, if I can am going to be all clandestine about it anyway, I might as well put our actual room number on it.

In any case, I cannot wait!

Thanks for all the help so far!

What a lucky girl! If the luggage tags may be an issue, perhaps you could ask a family member to ask her for help with their luggage tags. If she is busy with them, you can fill out yours. Have a great cruise!

That could be an idea!

What a great surprise! I did something similar for my sister last summer when we went on a cruise. Her face was priceless when I opened the door to the cabin - she didn't realize anything was going on until I started to open the door because by then she could see that we were not opening an inside cabin door but an outside. She didn't realize it was a balcony until she went inside. It's an awesome thing if you can keep that surprise until she walks in the door.

A couple things: the cabin number on RCCL cruise cards is sort of on the card but without the deck number, I would guess that Celebrity might have a similar system - but if you don't call attention to it she probably won't realize that. RCCL also has you check in by deck, so again Celebrity may do the same thing - if that is case, I would at that point go with saying something about Celebrity moving you from deck 2 to deck 6, but not stating anything about the nicer room, just that it is a higher deck. I would agree with the other posts about just waiting to put the ship tags on your luggage when you get to the port - that's smart in any case so that they don't come off in transit or get the airlines confused with the airline tags if you are flying in. You might also want to try the distraction thing with someone in your family to make a quick comment to whoever is checking you in that the type of room is a surprise so that they don't inadvertently mention it while checking you in.

In any event - she will be surprised and thrilled whenever it happens - enjoy your cruise!!

Susan

Celebrity doesn't have a check in by deck, so that is not an issue. I love the idea of using a family member as a distraction. We can't wait to find out how this all plays out!

Cathy

Good to know about the check in. I need to figure out a good distraction that my family will be able to perform. I like the idea of her helping with my family's tags while I do ours. Should be good!

I was thinking about the idea of some of you to print out on a mailing sticker our room information.

First off, what information do I need to put on there?

Names, room #, obviously. Do i need to put on the Celebrity confirmation number? I would hate to have the stickers ready to go to put on the tags so we don't have to fill them out then find out I needed more information on there. Ya know?

But, IF I can put mailing stickers on the luggage tags with the correct information and that works fine I was thinking of doing the following:

Print out two seperate sets of stickers. One set with the REAL room number on it, and one set with what she thinks the room number is. Then I will show her the fake one (maybe the day we fly or something), telling her it will save us time, etc, etc. That way, she won't be suspicious when I slap on the real ones (which she won't see) when I give them our luggage. AND that way she will be more inclined to help my family with filling out their tags.

Does that sound like a good plan? Input? Thanks so much from all of you so far!

And of course I will let you know how it goes. Now don't hold me to this, but I'll even try to get a photo of her reaction if I can pull that off!

I will of course write a review and include pictures from the trip. :D I cannot WAIT for the cruise, the surprise ... the whole thing!

Print out two seperate sets of stickers. One set with the REAL room number on it, and one set with what she thinks the room number is. Then I will show her the fake one (maybe the day we fly or something), telling her it will save us time, etc, etc. That way, she won't be suspicious when I slap on the real ones (which she won't see) when I give them our luggage. AND that way she will be more inclined to help my family with filling out their tags.

Does that sound like a good plan? Input? Thanks so much from all of you so far!

That sounds like an excellent plan!! I haven't sailed on Celebrity yet but maybe someone else can tell you exactly what goes on their tags.

I was also considering ordering some nice flowers and nice champagne. Can I do this through celebrity?

pseudochicken

Just go to "Bon Voyage Gifts" on Celebrity's website to see what is possible and how to do it. I usually fax from the UK but I believe that there is a 'phone number.

Best of luck with the surprise!

Sue

Do you think if I called celebrity, would they be willing to help me out? I was also considering ordering some nice flowers and nice champagne. Can I do this through celebrity?

Thanks!

They have Bon Voyage Packages and yes, you can call

Celebrity to order it.

Here...click on this link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/shopping.do;jsessionid=0000QTWz7o-ILS_xk_G8hfy5krD:12h3rnd1c?cS=EnhancedFooter

Oh, your surprise sounds wonderful:) And I hope ya'll have a

fantastic cruise. You seem to be a really caring person. Nice

thing to see these days:) She must be a very special gal.

We always order the large flower arrangement for our cabin. It's only $48.00 and in our city a comparable arrangement would be in excess of $100.00, delivered. We have always been very satisfied with the quality of flowers. It can be ordered on line on the Celebrity site as others have mentioned.

Hint: you get to sign the card however you want. My husband surprised me the first time by saying the flowers were from "The Captain." Now we do that on every cruise...we have often joked and wondered if the florist, cabin attendants, etc. ever figured out they weren't from the "real" captain.

Thank you guys so much for the best wishes and ideas! She is quite special and I tell her every day how lucky I am, but she thinks I am crazy, and that she is the lucky one. Ha ha, SHE'S the crazy one to think that!

I'll order some flowers through Celebrity then. Thanks again for all your ideas!

I'll let you know how it all went, but that will be a little while from now since the cruise is not til the 19th. And I probably won't be able to let you know how it went til the 27th. But I will be sure to post updates and tell full details on how it went!

-The fake chicken

Thank you guys so much for the best wishes and ideas! She is quite special and I tell her every day how lucky I am, but she thinks I am crazy, and that she is the lucky one. Ha ha, SHE'S the crazy one to think that!

I'll order some flowers through Celebrity then. Thanks again for all your ideas!

I'll let you know how it all went, but that will be a little while from now since the cruise is not til the 19th. And I probably won't be able to let you know how it went til the 27th. But I will be sure to post updates and tell full details on how it went!

-The fake chicken

Well fake chicken, nobody mentioned whether you got your "E Documents" or ones in the mail??? In the mail : should have included tags...."E Docs" have an example of YOUR specific tags...cabin # included, don't know if color coded for deck..our are blue...state WHERE this cabin is Forward, Aft or Midship I'd guess...and Ships name abbr. MIL for Millennium. I printed (Scanned)some up on heavier paper (card stock) and put clear tape on them after filling out to protect. We needed tags for the train, don't put on until after air flight!:D Bon Voyage...come down to our humble cabin and tell us how it went, might be hard to get your cards without her finding out...unless you whisper in the ear of the persons checking you in!

Well fake chicken' date=' nobody mentioned whether you got your "E Documents" or ones in the mail??? In the mail : should have included tags...."E Docs" have an example of YOUR specific tags...cabin # included, don't know if color coded for deck..our are blue...state WHERE this cabin is [b']For[/b]ward, Aft or Midship I'd guess...and Ships name abbr. MIL for Millennium. I printed (Scanned)some up on heavier paper (card stock) and put clear tape on them after filling out to protect. We needed tags for the train, don't put on until after air flight!:D Bon Voyage...come down to our humble cabin and tell us how it went, might be hard to get your cards without her finding out...unless you whisper in the ear of the persons checking you in!

Yes, we got E Docs, and I saw what the luggage tag looks like. You're telling me that I can print that out on higher quality, heavy paper (card stock) and use that as our luggage tags? If so I'll be sure not to put them on til after the flight. Infact, going through the E-Docs, I found KEY information about the baggage:

"Having already attached your ship baggage tags and personal ID to

your luggage, it will be collected from your hotel room as detailed in

your Welcome Letter and delivered to your stateroom onboard the

ship."

So that clears that up. What seems odd to me though is that elsewhere in the E-Docs, it states that baggage tags will be available at the pier, but makes no mention of tags be available at the hotel or prior. If one doesn't pre-print the tags, then I don't know how ones could have luggage ready at the hotel to be picked up.

Oh well.

People who request paper docs get luggage tags; people with edocs get a mock up of what it looks like. You CAN print that up and use it, but most of us just get the tags from the porters at the pier. This is where the preprinted labels would come in handy.

IF you have a precruise stay booked through Celebrity, they WILL pick uo your luggage at the hotel and load it on the bus they use to transport you to the ship. If you have made your own arrangements, you are on your own for luggage.

You will need to put your name, cabin number, ship name and sailing date on the tag. I like your idea of printing two sets and showing her the fake ones; that's if you don't have them mailed to you. If they are mailed to you, maybe keep those aside and print fake ones to show her. . .???

Yes, we got E Docs, and I saw what the luggage tag looks like. You're telling me that I can print that out on higher quality, heavy paper (card stock) and use that as our luggage tags? If so I'll be sure not to put them on til after the flight. Infact, going through the E-Docs, I found KEY information about the baggage:

"Having already attached your ship baggage tags and personal ID to

your luggage, it will be collected from your hotel room as detailed in

your Welcome Letter and delivered to your stateroom onboard the

ship."

So that clears that up. What seems odd to me though is that elsewhere in the E-Docs, it states that baggage tags will be available at the pier, but makes no mention of tags be available at the hotel or prior. If one doesn't pre-print the tags, then I don't know how ones could have luggage ready at the hotel to be picked up.

Oh well.

If you have cruise air & hotel, you will indeed receive a packet at the hotel with luggage tags...which WILL have the room # in big letters and so your Sweety could easily read this, you'd have to be cautious putting them on We were surprised to get this packet as OUR E Docs didn't mention them. They pack up your bags right at the hotel, and off they go to the ship so you needn't worry about them after that, they go straight to your cabin!!:D

Please bear in mind, that you will BOTH have to complete a health declaration form at the Pier to hand in to the check-in clerk and the document does require the cabin number to be stated.

Please bear in mind, that you will BOTH have to complete a health declaration form at the Pier to hand in to the check-in clerk and the document does require the cabin number to be stated.

A health document? The only time I was ever asked to do that

was if there had been some sort of noro-outbreak going on....

I have checked in plenty of other times without filling out

anything to do with health.

To : pseudochicken

Please accept my apologies for a slight confusion - I should have stated : may BOTH have to ....not will BOTH have to .........

However, if you do actually have to - a form will be required from both of you.

Have a great trip

OK. Well if we do have to fill out a health document, then the surprise may very well be revealed there. Hopefully we don't have to though.

The packet of information which includes our baggage tags that we will receive in the hotel may be a problem. However, the baggage tags could easily be hidden. What I am thinking of doing, at the very least, is printing an "edited" copy of the baggage tags on heavy paper stating room 2007. I can do this in Photoshop or even Microsoft Paint. I'll show her those tags, stating that it will save us the trouble later on. Then, when at the hotel it is time to give them our bags, I will put on the real tags and hopefully she'll never know.

What is crucial is that if she does find out about the surprise before stepping into the room, she doesn't find out until the day of. I think if she finds out days before or even the day before in the hotel, a little bit of the wonder factor will be lost when she does step into the room.

Thank you so much for all your help so far! Cross your fingers hoping that I can pull it off til the moment we step in the room!

Just a little update:

I recently ordered bon voyage gifts as well for my girlfriend. I ordered the fruit basket, which should go over well.

But more importantly, on the first sea day, I ordered a Celebrity package: -breakfast delivered to our stateroom

-floral basket

-Celebrity robes and slippers

-champagne

-some cake

I think it is called the premium package? It should be good. I'll try to keep this a surprise as well.

Now I feel like adding a few more surprises, but I may be going overboard. But I LOVE orchestrating a good surprise. :D Maybe a present or something. ;)

Archived