How do I reveal the surprise of an upgraded room!?

pseudochicken

Just a little update:

I recently ordered bon voyage gifts as well for my girlfriend. I ordered the fruit basket, which should go over well.

But more importantly, on the first sea day, I ordered a Celebrity package: -breakfast delivered to our stateroom

-floral basket

-Celebrity robes and slippers

-champagne

-some cake

I think it is called the premium package? It should be good. I'll try to keep this a surprise as well.

Now I feel like adding a few more surprises, but I may be going overboard. But I LOVE orchestrating a good surprise. :D Maybe a present or something. ;)

That did it. Drop your girlfriend and take me instead! Of course, my wife may not fully understand, but you are one great guy!

You've put the 'bar' pretty high for the rest of us. Have a grand time. If you can, jump back on during the cruise and drop us all a quick line. If not, just post when you get back!

Hope you have fair winds and a following sea!

Denny

Ha ha! Thanks all for your support and kind remarks! I am just doing what seems natural! I'll do my very best to drop a line on how the surprise goes and how the cruise is in general. To the say the least, I am extremely excited about the cruise and the surprises for my girlfriend!

I am also looking forward to seeing what Celebrity did to refurbish the Mille. Should be interesting!

Thanks again!

I believe we would all understand if you do NOT post while on

the cruise:);)

But, please.....upon returning home you have to come back here

and tell us all about it:D

I think we would all (well those of us who are interested) would

love to know how everything went...how the surprise went~I would love

to know her reaction to it all!

So no worries about posting while you are away.

I believe we would all understand if you do NOT post while on

the cruise:);)

But, please.....upon returning home you have to come back here

and tell us all about it:D

I think we would all (well those of us who are interested) would

love to know how everything went...how the surprise went~I would love

to know her reaction to it all!

So no worries about posting while you are away.

I will of course let you know how it went when I get back. :D

Does anyone know what time the delivered breakfast comes in the morning?

You can choose the time you want the breakfast to be delivered. I don't have anything to add about how to surprise your girlfriend. But I can't wait until you get back to read about how it went. She is so lucky to have a wonderful boyfriend like you. I know you're going to have a wonderful cruise!!!!!

Carol

Last Oct for our anniversary I was able to upgrade to a suite on NCL for a nominal fee. I jumped at the chance and didn't say anything to DW. When we got to the pier, she wanted to get in the "regular" check in line, but I told her she had to come with me to the "other(priority)" line....she kinda questioned why, but I just said "we got upgraded"....She really started wondering when we were met by our butler and he grabbed her carry on bag and took us to our room. Once there, she was quite surprised...of course, having flowers and a shrimp platter waiting for us was the perfect kick off for a great week.

Cheers.........

I have to say that the morning of boarding, I don't look at the luggage tags because I know my husband has taken care of that.

Upon check-in, I'll sign anything without having the slightest clue what I'm signing. I would never even question the cabin number because I wouldn't hear it in the first place. I just assume they are going to do what's necessary and I want to board NOW. :)

Soooo, it all depends on how "hands on" she is. It is so easy to be distracted with all that's going on. Especially with other family members there. Good luck. :D

But more importantly, on the first sea day, I ordered a Celebrity package: -breakfast delivered to our stateroom

-floral basket

-Celebrity robes and slippers

-champagne

-some cake

pseudochicken

I think that you need to mention to your stateroom attendant which day and time you want your breakfast. On our first cruise, I ordered the breakfast package for my husband's birthday, expecting it to arrive on the day named. It was not and I was told that I should have organised the day on board. We had the breakfast the next day but it was not quite the same!

Good luck with everything!

Sue

That did it. Drop your girlfriend and take me instead! Of course, my wife may not fully understand, but you are one great guy!

Awesome!

You've put the 'bar' pretty high for the rest of us.

Absolutely!

I've been following this thread to get some ideas for myself. My DH and I have upgraded our travelling companions from an inside to a verandan cabin next to us, at our cost. We are trying like mad to keep it a secret until we show them our cabin, but it really hard not to say anything!

I've been following this thread to get some ideas for myself. My DH and I have upgraded our travelling companions from an inside to a verandan cabin next to us, at our cost. We are trying like mad to keep it a secret until we show them our cabin, but it really hard not to say anything!

How are you going to be able pull that off? Won't they be putting on their luggage tags, etc...?

Ha ha! Thank you all again! I was allowed to select a day online for the package. But I'll be sure to go to the front desk and make sure. :cool:

I had done that as well, but our room attendant didn't even know that I had purchased the package, much less the day I wanted it; also, you'll need to order what you want for the breakfast: ENJOY!!!

How are you going to be able pull that off? Won't they be putting on their luggage tags, etc...?

I'm handling all of the paper work, and will pick up the tickets, etc.

Besides, they don't know what cabin number they were going to get, ans till won't recognize the new number as a balcony.

Hopefully...everything will work out!

I'm handling all of the paper work, and will pick up the tickets, etc.

Besides, they don't know what cabin number they were going to get, ans till won't recognize the new number as a balcony.

Hopefully...everything will work out!

Congrats! Surprises like that are great!!:)

I had done that as well, but our room attendant didn't even know that I had purchased the package, much less the day I wanted it; also, you'll need to order what you want for the breakfast: ENJOY!!!

Will they give us a form to fill out for breakfast the day before?

So I am guessing I will have to go to the purser's desk and to my attendant to confirm the package? It seems almost pointless to pay it online... :( I'll first go to the purser's desk the day before and tell them it is a surprise and hopefully I can clear up everything there.

good luck i hope it all works out! You sound like you are having too much fun doing all of this

as long as you are in a mode for surprises...why not surprise your parents with something special? I bet they would be really shocked :)

juice it up...

*sweet*

Will they give us a form to fill out for breakfast the day before?

So I am guessing I will have to go to the purser's desk and to my attendant to confirm the package? It seems almost pointless to pay it online... :( I'll first go to the purser's desk the day before and tell them it is a surprise and hopefully I can clear up everything there.

Talk to the purser and your attendant out of earshot of your girlfriend (while she's at the spa or something); your attendant cn give you the form to order breakfast then, and you can slip it back to him/her. It can still be a surprise, trust me!:D

good luck i hope it all works out! You sound like you are having too much fun doing all of this

as long as you are in a mode for surprises...why not surprise your parents with something special? I bet they would be really shocked :)

juice it up...

*sweet*

Ha ha! I am having flowers and fruit delivered to their room on the first day for their anniversary. I am also sending the "Salty Delights" package to their room for my dad on Father's Day.

How coooool would this be:

One night for everyone at a hotel in Vancouver after the cruise! The problem is that would be a lot of money, especially this late in the game. Not so much for the hotel, but the flight change would be a PAIN. It wouldn't be that hard to pull off the actual surprise part, at least I think it wouldn't be. Perhaps if I can get one of my parents in on it, and make it a surprise to everyone else. :cool: I'll investigate!

Talk to the purser and your attendant out of earshot of your girlfriend (while she's at the spa or something); your attendant cn give you the form to order breakfast then, and you can slip it back to him/her. It can still be a surprise, trust me!:D

Yeah, I'll do my best! Thanks!

Sorry but I think that half the enjoyment of a trip/cruise/vacation is the anticipation. I think you're taking that away from her and you should let her know now - in some nice fashion. then she can be all the more excited for weeks to come!

Sorry but I think that half the enjoyment of a trip/cruise/vacation is the anticipation. I think you're taking that away from her and you should let her know now - in some nice fashion. then she can be all the more excited for weeks to come!

Really? Not me....if someone was going to give me a gift of a new

upgraded cabin? I would love being totally surprised:D

She already knows they are going on a cruise and from what

I have read througout this thread, the original poster knows his

girlfriend quite well and I get the feeling she loves surprises:)

I don't think he is taking any enjoyment away from her...but that

is just my opinion;)

Hi all, here is just a little update with less than 72 hours til we fly out to Anchorage, Alaska:

I investigated the possibility of doing a one night stay for the family in Vancouver. I knew the problem would be changing the flight, and it seems that the flight is too big of a problem to overcome.

It is a $150 fine per person (:mad:) to change the flight (thru Expedia). I called to see if this would apply and it turns out they cannot change the itinerary this late in the game. I could try calling Continental, but I feel this would be too large of a hassle to negotiate.

So, a little tid-bit I may have left out:

This cruise also happens to land on my parents 25th anniversary. June 23rd to be exact. So what my Grandmother (who will be on this cruise as well with my cousin), my brother and I are going to see if we can make reservations at the Olympic Restaurant for the 23rd, and keep it as a surprise to everyone else.

I looked into this a while ago, but I could not make reservations for more than 6 people online (there will be 8 in our party). I will have to make reserverations while on the ship.

But I have a few questions before I do go ahead with this:

What would the standard Dining Room presentation be like if we told them about the anniversary. In their Celebrity Cruise reservation itself, we notified Celebrity that their anniversary is the 23rd.

Secondly, I am a bit worried that there will be no room in the Olympic Restaurant since we will have to wait to make reservations til we're on the ship. Is this true? Also, what do we do for the tip in the speciality restaurant? Do we tip them there or what?

--

Anyway, I am SUPER excited, as is everyone in my family. I am going start packing tonight! The only one that is approaching how excited I am is my girlfriend. You know how you can just tell when someone is extremely excited? I definitely can tell, and she doesn't know all of what is in store for her! I am just as excited to surprise her as I am for the cruise!

Thanks again for everyone's input and kind words! You have all been a big help and a huge source of inspiration. I cannot wait to try and pull it off!

Archived