How can Norwegian improve it's 'image'

Giantfan13

Not that NCL has a bad image, but we were discussing this several times, and not just NCL, but many of the cruise lines would improve their public personna if they tried some new tacts.

One which we always thought was a good idea, was free advertising. How can they accomplish this?? Why not give everyone on board a sort of 'goodie' bag to take home with them. Not a huge deal, but image if they gave everyone a free T-shirt ( not an expensive one, biut a $2.00 one)with NCL all over it?? Come on, how much could a few hundred thousand Tshirts cost??> Sure they might not sell as many in their gift shops, but if NCL gave you a free Tshirt, you would probably wear it out and have others see it. I know several years ago, when we cruised the Virgin Isles, they gave everyone a big ol' NCL shopping bag to tote around. I don't know if they still do this, but hey, if they gave you one before leaving the ship, I'm sure you wouldn't throw it away. More free advertising. Bought in bulk, gosh, if they spent a rousing $5.00 on every passenger, look at all the free advertising that would bring. I'm sure they could throw a few other goodies into that bag. I know, for what we pay for a cruise, just getting a free Tshirt would make me happy. And think of the good public relations they would get.

Again, this is not just meant for NCL. but since this is their boards, I am using them as reference, but all cruise lines should show some appreciation to all their passengers, plus, some free advertising just cannot hurt.

Gee I though NCL just spent billions to do exactly that. If a t-shirt would have done it we should have told them.

The newest fleet in the industry, all new bedding, upgraded menus, Freestyle 2.0, lobster every night, bubbly on boarding, was all a waste of $ if all they needed was free t-Shirts :D

They could dump their website and start over with someone who knows what they are doing.

Bring back SeeVee as well.

But putting plants on these boards to ask questions about the Epic is a good idea.

1. revamp NCL's land based customer service--which is poor with no knowledge about the ships at sea or lack of knowledge on specials etc.

2. provide a dedicated latitudes customer service desk with phone for latitude

members.

3. Hire some one to get their web site up to first class and user friendly.

4. enforce their policies or change them in the dress code area for cruisers.

5. send out more information to their latitude members via email or mail.

not only to clients who just use NCL PCCs.

Big Green

1. revamp NCL's land based customer service--which is poor with no knowledge about the ships at sea or lack of knowledge on specials etc.

2. provide a dedicated latitudes customer service desk with phone for latitude

members.

3. Hire some one to get their web site up to first class and user friendly.

4. enforce their policies or change them in the dress code area for cruisers.

5. send out more information to their latitude members via email or mail.

not only to clients who just use NCL PCCs.

Big Green

Yeah, what you said, especially items 1,2 and 3.

• Administrators
They could dump their website and start over with someone who knows what they are doing.

Bring back SeeVee as well.

But putting plants on these boards to ask questions about the Epic is a good idea.

Ding, ding, we have a winner. :)

They should ditch the specialty (FEE restaurants) which were usually empty on our cruise on the Jade last December, and upgrade the quality of their food in the MDRs which was quite poor. Also make the seating more comfortable in the lounges there is no place to get away to a quite corner to relax in any of the inside lounges. Just an my observation and my opinion.:)

• Administrators
They should ditch the specialty (FEE restaurants) which were usually empty on our cruise on the Jade last December, and upgrade the quality of their food in the MDRs which was quite poor. Also make the seating more comfortable in the lounges there is no place to get away to a quite corner to relax in any of the inside lounges. Just an my observation and my opinion.:)

I like the specialty restaurants, even with a fee. Guess it's "to each his own" in that respect.

I like the specialty restaurants, even with a fee. Guess it's "to each his own" in that respect.

You are right.... my only beef is why should you have to pay "extra" when you have already paid enough (again just my opinion). We ate in Cagney's on the Dawn and figured we would give it another try on the Jade - both times we found the food there mediocre at best and myself and my fellow cruisers didn't really think it was all that great but some people love it. Different strokes for different folks.:D

You are right.... my only beef is why should you have to pay "extra" when you have already paid enough (again just my opinion). We ate in Cagney's on the Dawn and figured we would give it another try on the Jade - both times we found the food there mediocre at best and myself and my fellow cruisers didn't really think it was all that great but some people love it. Different strokes for different folks.:D

The key is nobody is twisting anyone's arm to pay extra. If they were free few of those of us that enjoy them whould ever get in.

This will be difficult since they own what I consider the two ugliest ships afloat.....the Prodie of America and soon to sail Epic.

I also think the "hull art" cheapens the entire fleet image.

This will be difficult since they own what I consider the two ugliest ships afloat.....the Prodie of America and soon to sail Epic.

The "hull art" is what I love the best! :p

• Administrators

Ah, another "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing -- I absolutely adore NCL's hull art. One of my favorite features on the Dawn was her art (photographed while we were waiting for our turn to tender back aboard) --

2294320250101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

The other side of the ship has the Statue of Liberty, and given Dawn's NYC connection, that also makes a lot of sense. I really enjoy NCL's lively hull art.

PS Ms Belp, it's not what we love "best," because that would be Freestyle cruising -- but we do love the hull art!

Honestly you could ask this same question with any cruise line. When I was an agent, I had clients who thought Carnival was superior to every other line, including Princess and Cunard. Some thought RCCL was the best, some hated Carnival and so on and so on.

I love the hull art, too. It adds distinction to each NCL ship and sets the line apart. It is easy to spot NCL ships in a port full of other ships. A crew member told me that the artwork on the Sun cost $200,000 for each side.

There are the usual ball pens, note pads etc which I imagine many people take home. Maybe they could add some little token eg bottle opener, key ring , cap etc.

I like the idea of a simple cloth tote bag .

Here in Malta, many Tour Operators give their clients a proper carry-on bag with their logo.

Archived