New Itinerary

brian_uk

We are actually doing a similar cruise only in reverse next year in May on the Ocean Princess. It is a 31 day trip leaving from Capetown and finishing in Dover with lots of stops along the way including Luderitz, Walvis Bay, various ports in Western Africa, Cape Verde Islands, Canaries, Morocco, Cadiz, Lisbon and Le Havre.

It is going to be a fantastic cruise especially as we are doing a safari beforehand. :o

Jennie

That's a fantastic trip to keep you going through the Melbourne weather!!!

Yes, I think winter is finally arriving after having the warmest June on record and of course no rain to speak of at all. We are all hoping for lots of rain this week but I feel it will fizzle out once more. Mind you, it is still quite mild, top temp today is going to be 14C which isn't really cold.

We are now in our 13th year of drought! New South Wales, Queensland and Tasmania have had their share of rain so it is our turn now.

Jennie

Yes, I think winter is finally arriving after having the warmest June on record and of course no rain to speak of at all. We are all hoping for lots of rain this week but I feel it will fizzle out once more. Mind you, it is still quite mild, top temp today is going to be 14C which isn't really cold.

We are now in our 13th year of drought! New South Wales, Queensland and Tasmania have had their share of rain so it is our turn now.

Jennie

Usually in mid-Nov we are singing "rain rain go away" but you guys should try a real rain dance!!!! 13 years is a long time to be in drought!! At least we are getting a real summer! Very little rain all through June and July is starting off right too!!! Sunshine!!!

BTW - hope FDR picks your Canada/New England trip. I'd do that one or the "over the top" route from Europe to New York in a minute!

Cathi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So whatever happened to the itiny winny?:D

Were they announced or ?

Maybe it is taking longer to pick just 5 & work out the logistics of the ports etc...

Plus they are trying to get the Marina info out as well

I will be patient a bit longer also;)

lyn

I will be patient a bit longer also;)

Gee....not like there's a choice, huh?

...or a reason to be impatient...Can't go on the winning cruise until they actually sail it,..

Go ahead and take your time, Frank...I am sure EVERYONE will wait...

Maybe it is taking longer to pick just 5 & work out the logistics of the ports etc...

Plus they are trying to get the Marina info out as well

lyn

Maybe they are trying to incorporate some of the new itineraries/suggestions into Marina's schedule?

That way the winners would get to cruise on the Marina.

Archived