Cruise Review - Pearls of Tahiti - by Icemaiden2310

icemaiden. Sorry you did not enjoy Noumea, last time we were there had a wonderful day, went to the Cathedral and had a chance to visit a local school and on the way back to our ship we called into a bar/cafe and had a fun time practicing our French. We found the local people very friendly I suppose it has much to do with ones attitude.

Mentioning staff by name on the boards is sad as they don't have a chance to defend themselves, enjoy the rest of your cruise.

:):):):):)

LOVING this review - extremely witty and very easy to identify with. First time back to boards since April when I posted my own experiences of our Sun Princess cruise and encountered the same issues that Icey is with ill mannered, demanding older people. I too got personaly attacked (in hindsight should have reported it), but people are only telling it like it is (ITHO). I'd read lots of reports and wasn't prepared for this - but now I am. I am very tolerant and have glorious grandparents and many older friends (oldest being 85), but each and every one of them offers me the same respect and courtesy that they in turn deserve.

Hope the rest of the journey pans out - think she's on the right track to seek adventures that aren't of interest to this crowd - create your own fun and if you encounter rudeness or zimmer frames used as barracades, deal with them then and there! :) Happy Days.

Bora Bora today

18pdawnbora1.jpg

from the Pearl Beach Resort cam.

Pacific Dawn will be anchored in the lagoon

to the right, out of picture.

Looks like clouds are covering the mountain peaks,

but does not look as if its raining.

18pdawnbora2.jpg

Archived