Help! What did I forget??

shadowlover

For those of you who recently travelled by cruise or who have been before..what is something you didn't pack that you wish you did? Is there any items that are frequently forgot that are must haves??

Thanks, trying to pack here and freaking out.

Wow, there could be so many things. First off relax, you're going on vacation!;)

However if you will be wearing sunglasses bring lens cleaners, seems they always get dirty (salt air, pool splashing, boat rides, etc.) A power strip if you have lots of electronics, curling iron, battery charger, ipod.... I am sure others will have lots of other good ideas too - Have fun!

For those of you who recently travelled by cruise or who have been before..what is something you didn't pack that you wish you did? Is there any items that are frequently forgot that are must haves??

Last two cruises I forgot binoculars. Wish I would have had them for sitting out on the balcony.

I never cruise without my own big covered plastic glass that I can fill with ice water, iced tea or lemonade. Sure beats getting ripped off for soda.

I like to pack lots of plastic ziplock bags, especially in the jumbo (2 or 2.5 gallon) size. I take them out of the box and lay them flat in one of the front pockets of my suitcase. They're excellent for double/triple bagging all the toiletries that I can no longer pack in my carryon due to airline restrictions. I use them for packing damp bathing suits that didn't quite dry so thoroughly, for packing souvenirs, etc.

I also like to pack my underwear, nightgowns, etc, in plastic bags - I squeeze all the air out of them and they lay quite flat and compact in the luggage. This way, if your luggage is opened and searched, they won't be pawing your personal items directly - it just seems more sanitary this way.

Similar to DonnaK - we pack a few tall kitchen garbage bags for dirty clothes. Goo for going to laundry onboard or for segregating dirty from cleaner on the return trip.

We always pack too much clothes, so consider leaving some behind.

Besides prescrition meds, don't forget your passport. I know I took way to many clothes on my first cruise. One thing I did use was liguid bandaid. I cut my leg on the balcony door and the liguid badaid came in handy. It sealed the wound so I could still snorkle on our excursions.

I throw a highlighter pen in my purse before we leave, to make it easier to mark the things I want to do in the Patter. I also include a couple of binder clips to keep the curtains fully closed when we go to Alaska, since I try to put the kids down when it is still light outside. I also pack my favorite coffee travel mug, since I practically take the stuff intravenously.

I second the extra, gallon sized ziplock bags. They are very useful.

Also, pack fewer clothes.

Don't forget the Fabreeze bathroom spray (the bathrooms have no windows and are poorly ventilated!)

Dental cement for those crowns that dislodge [only on vacation!]

Aspirin/Immodium/antibacterial ointment/an ace bandage/bandaids/nail glue/antacids/sunscreen......If you go to the medical dept. to ask for any of these, they'll either charge you or they won't have it.

A warm and patient "smile!" ;)

Walkie Talkies! Handy for kids and grown ups.

Sorry, I have to disagree w/ this one.....They are annoying as H..L to everyone else.

Make a copy of your passport to keep in your safe.....Just in case.

Nightlight for the bathroom.

Similar to DonnaK - we pack a few tall kitchen garbage bags for dirty clothes. Goo for going to laundry onboard or for segregating dirty from cleaner on the return trip.
I do this too but use the garbage bags to line my suitcase top and bottom when packing just in case there's rain along the way and my luggage gets wet.

Another suggestion is if there are two of you, cross-pack some items so that if one suitcase is delayed, that person won't be without clothes.

Don't forget to call your credit card company and let them know where you'll be and what countries you'll be visiting.

My last cruise, I forgot my travel alarm. Won't do that again!

Unlike hotels, there are no bedside clocks on cruise ships so I leave a travel clock (light up) in my carry on. Also a small flashlight, just in case.

I also pack lots of sandwich size zip lock bags.

I have a list of medications on the last page of my small purse size address book. That way I can check off whether I've forgotten anything.(e.g. aspirin,immodium,cortisone cream,antibiotic cream,thermometer, sun screen)

Bandaids for blisters.

I can't believe it's only been mentioned once by Pam and I feel it should be reiterated -- TRAVEL ALARM CLOCK!!! Even if I don't need to get up early, I like to know what time it is!

Guess I read too fast -- it's been mentioned a couple of times!

Sorry, I have to disagree w/ this one.....They are annoying as H..L to everyone else.

Make a copy of your passport to keep in your safe.....Just in case.

Nightlight for the bathroom.

Never bothered me one bit:D

collapsible laundry basket (they are mesh and allow dity clothes to breathe)

proper under garnment for formal wear

We always take one of those white boards that are erasable so we can leave messages to each other if we're off doing separate things. Great for leaving reminders to ourselves too.

I also take kitchen size plastic bags, packable laundry detergent, dryer sheets, Shout Color Catcher and a bag of quarters for the washer/dryer.

A night light is also a good thing to have.

Other items are usually easy to pick up in ports but chances of finding these things is pretty small.

Have a great cruise!;)

Archived