Question about Cruise Invoice

Chelly

I know that payment for the cruise is due about 75 days before cruise. My question is: If cruiser books through a TA, does the TA submit HAL's bill to the cruiser? In other words will invoice be on HAL's letterhead or TA's letterhead. Hope that doesn't sound like a silly question.

When I deposit with my T/A she provides me immeditely with the customer copy of HAL's confirmation/invoice. She follows up with an agency invoice within a week or so.

I enjoy the same dual invoicing if I make any changes before final payment, and again after I make final payment.

I'm not quite clear on what your asking regarding who's name is on the bill but I will tell you to make sure that your payment goes to HAL and NOT to the TA.

Some were burned and some of us were singed when CVC, an online agency, folded awhile back and had not payed the cruiseline(s).

Never give your payment to TA payable to their agency. Whether you pay by check or by credit card, it should be direct to HAL. People have been burned when TA closed their doors and payment never reached the cruiseline.

I'm not quite clear on what your asking regarding who's name is on the bill but I will tell you to make sure that your payment goes to HAL and NOT to the TA.

Some were burned and some of us were singed when CVC, an online agency, folded awhile back and had not payed the cruiseline(s).

Here is clarification: I have booked HAL's custom air for my upcoming cruise. HAL has reduced the air cost for this cruise since I booked nearly a year ago. I asked my TA recently to confirm the cost of my cruise with air. She gave me the same price as quoted when I booked not realizing I knew the air price was lower.

When I pay my bill I would like to see HAL's itemization of 1) cruise cost, 2) air cost, 3) air deviation cost on HAL's letterhead (stationery) as opposed to one line item cost on my Travel Agency's letterhead. Thus, I am wondering how I'll be billed.

I must add that I have caught this local travel agent in a couple of price lies and simply don't trust her. This is first and last time I will use her.

Here is clarification: I have booked HAL's custom air for my upcoming cruise. HAL has reduced the air cost for this cruise since I booked nearly a year ago. I asked my TA recently to confirm the cost of my cruise with air. She gave me the same price as quoted when I booked not realizing I knew the air price was lower.

When I pay my bill I would like to see HAL's itemization of 1) cruise cost, 2) air cost, 3) air deviation cost on HAL's letterhead (stationery) as opposed to one line item cost on my Travel Agency's letterhead. Thus, I am wondering how I'll be billed.

I must add that I have caught this local travel agent in a couple of price lies and simply don't trust her. This is first and last time I will use her.

Suggest: (1) tell the T/A that you know air has gone down and would she please call HAL and get you the new price, and (2) request that she provide you with the cusotmer copy of HAL's confirmation.

I have the advantage of being able to go directly to my T/A's office and while I am there with her she phones HAL with my questions or payment info. HAL immediately faxes her a copy of the confirmation. I do not believe this is unusual or unique ... just that perhaps your T/A does not want to share your true price with you.

Chelly ---

At any time HAL will gladly provide the agent a confirmation of the current booking. There are two versions: Travel Agent (which includes commission info) and Guest.

Call your TA and request a Guest copy. (It will be dated in the upper left, and will break down all the fares.)

That should answer all your questions ...

Carol in SC

Chelly ---

At any time HAL will gladly provide the agent a confirmation of the current booking. There are two versions: Travel Agent (which includes commission info) and Guest.

Call your TA and request a Guest copy. (It will be dated in the upper left, and will break down all the fares.)

That should answer all your questions ...

Carol in SC

Thanks, Carol. I should have thought to ask you this on our roll call. I appreciate your professional input.

Carol

Thanks, Carol. I should have thought to ask you this on our roll call. I appreciate your professional input.

Carol

I am pretty sure that before final payment, you can ask for your file to be transferred to another TA anytime, just by asking. A letter sent to HAL would do it. Just call HAL main reservations number and ask them to confirm the feasability of this transfer aa well as the address of fax number where to send your request. I think we have done this once before.

Louise

Never give your payment to TA payable to their agency. Whether you pay by check or by credit card, it should be direct to HAL. People have been burned when TA closed their doors and payment never reached the cruiseline.

We met people who have been burned even when their TA did not close their doors. The TA offered a perk (such as a shipboard credit or prepaid gratuities) if they paid the cruise in full to the agency well in advance of the final payment date. The TA then used the funds for rent and payroll, and did not meet the final payment deadline.

Woody

Chelly, if you've already caught her in "price lies," then I'd run ... not walk ... to another travel agent. If this current agent charges a cancellation fee (some do) then you'll have to weigh that into your decision. But I have no tolerance for someone who lies to me.

Chelly, if you've already caught her in "price lies," then I'd run ... not walk ... to another travel agent. If this current agent charges a cancellation fee (some do) then you'll have to weigh that into your decision. But I have no tolerance for someone who lies to me.

I echo that thought, Jim. There are too many GOOD agents out there to work with one who prevaricates (word of the day).

Carol

You're welcome. Just be sure the agent gives you a currently dated confirmation, so that you know the air, etc. is correct at this time.

If you have questions, just email me and I'll do my best to answer ya ....

Looking forward to October....

C

Here is clarification: I have booked HAL's custom air for my upcoming cruise. HAL has reduced the air cost for this cruise since I booked nearly a year ago.

Chelly,

Can I ask you how you know the "cruise air" has gone down in price with your contract?

Thanks,

John

Never, ever pay by cheque. Never,ever pay in full prior to the final payment date. Always pay by credit card as it will afford you some additional protection in the event of a financial reorg or bancrupcy. Never deal with a TA or agency that puts your cruise payment thru their books, ie the charge on your credit card should always be from the cruiseline-even though you are using the TA/Agency.

It's quite possible that your TA isn't aware of the price reduction. Most TA's can't monitor every client's booking every day. However, once you point it out to her, she should be willing to reduce the price.

However, your other issues are more disconcerting. Are you sure you've actually caught her in price lies, or has she simply been unaware of price reductions? Prices fluctuate continually, and most TA's can't keep up with all of them for every client every day. If you have concerns that she is delivering substandard service, as someone else has mentioned, as long as you are outside penalty phase, I would transfer the booking over to someone you trust.

And always make sure your deposit and final payment is made directly to the cruiseline. Once your TA makes a deposit or final payment, have him/her send you a copy of the cruiseline's invoice that shows they have received final payment. It does no good to see that the agency has received the payment, as they may not ever forward it on to the cruiseline. I'm not saying that is the norm, and most TA's are highly reputable. But it has been known to happen, especially with large online agencies. I have a friend who used a large online cruise consortium who shall remain unnamed, but when they went out of business, they lost all their money. That same company has now reopened under another name. I would be very leary...

I don't understand that.In Europe ,most of the time you book through a TA and pay the TA the price of your cruise.And i have never ever received a note from the Cruise company herself that they received the payment.

Just a case of trust i think.?

Burny

Archived