Chef's table

jimpod

Calling all you CCr's who have already done the Chef's Table. How do people dress for this - is it more like a formal night and do guys wear jackets? We are going on the Crown later this year and would love to try this but don't fancy having to pack a jacket over and above everything else. Thanks in advance for your invaluable information.

it would be the same dress as the regular night in the dining room...ours was held on a smart casual night, i would assume it would be on one of those nights but you can't be sure. ladies were asked to wear closed toed shoes which i brought but 3 at our table didnt have them and they didnt give them a problem...it was very fun and worth trying once especially if you drink ;)

It was your standard Smart Casual. I do not think they do they typically do the Chef's Table on formal nights. They did ask the ladies to wear close toed shows and your cloths were suppose to be "freshly laundered" which we took to mean clean. You do have to wear a white "lab coat" while in the galley so I would recommend wearing something that you can easily put the "lab coat" over.

If you want a look at our chef's table, here is the link to my video.

Our Chefs Table was held on a smart casual nite.

Marilyn

By the way we were also told about closed-toe shoes but the Maitre 'd said that he was "flexible" on that.

Our Chefs Table was held on a smart casual nite.

Marilyn

By the way we were also told about closed-toe shoes but the Maitre 'd said that he was "flexible" on that.

Not all Maire d's are flexible on the Island Princess my daughter had to wear sneakers with her dress.

Not all Maire d's are flexible on the Island Princess my daughter had to wear sneakers with her dress.

I know I had read that closed toe shoes had to be worn but he said it was o.k. That was on the Golden. So here again we have some say it is o.k. and some not o.k. :confused:

Marilyn

That's funny (strange) because our Maire D told us during the interview that open shoes were fine for the ladies but the soles can not be rubber. No sneakers or deck shoes allowed. He mentioned the reason being you can slip in the kitchen with rubber soles. I didn't follow the logic but I didn't bring sneakers and I didn't intend on wearing my Top-Siders. Since I read previous threads before we went I made sure DW was prepared to wear a closed shoe. Fortunately for her she was able to wear sandals because out of the 20 pair of shoes she took the only closed shoe was a sneaker. According to her All of her closed toe dress shoes are at work. How many shoes does this woman own? Maybe I can sell them on ebay and book a full suite for our next cruise.

You certainly do not need to tip. The first day you can sign up with the Maitre-De and they will tell you when they will have an interview with you to let you know what is expected and to make sure you don't have any allergies. It's a wonderful experience and the best food I have ever eaten and the best wines I have ever drunk.

They do ask women to wear close-toed shoes and everyone to have freshly laundered clothes. It's lots of fun.

Archived