TA problems

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. Last month I booked a 7nt on Splendour of the seas via a travel agent. Upon booking they said they would contact us when final payment was due. Well final payment was due yesterday no calls or emails and when we attempted to call them all we got was a machine. We called RCI and they told us as of now said there is nothing they can do and to call them back in a few days if it doesn't resolve itself..My question is has this happened to anyone before and can I transfer this booking to another TA since this has kinda pissed me off?

Cheers

Howie

Transfers have to be done by final payment and the original TA has to agree to the transfer. Hard to do if you can't get a hold of them.

How was the deposit paid? I assume credit card but on your bill who is the biller. Royal Caribbean (way it should be) or the TA's agency? If RCCL just let it expire and it will credit back to your account and you can rebook directly

If it is charged through the agency then any credit would go back to them.

Was everything done over the phone? Do they have a brick and mortar you could visit?

Royal Caribbean was the biller on the credit card and the price of the cruise has doubled so I really don't want to have to cancel and rebook... Everything was done over the phone and email.Checking on if they have a storefront..Very frustrating!

Cheers

Howie

Royal Caribbean was the biller on the credit card and the price of the cruise has doubled so I really don't want to have to cancel and rebook...

Cheers

Howie

If something went badly wrong with the TA, like they went out of business, I'll bet Royal will work with you.

Has the price of the cruise you booked with them gone up?

If not don't worry about, they messed up, your deposit will be credited to your card since you failed to pay the final payment in time.

After that just rebook the cruise on your own or with someone else.

Jimbo:)

Has the price of the cruise you booked with them gone up?

If not don't worry about, they messed up, your deposit will be credited to your card since you failed to pay the final payment in time.

After that just rebook the cruise on your own or with someone else.

It went from $669 to $1199 hence why I'm concerned!

Cheers

Howie

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. Last month I booked a 7nt on Splendour of the seas via a travel agent. Upon booking they said they would contact us when final payment was due. Well final payment was due yesterday no calls or emails and when we attempted to call them all we got was a machine. We called RCI and they told us as of now said there is nothing they can do and to call them back in a few days if it doesn't resolve itself..My question is has this happened to anyone before and can I transfer this booking to another TA since this has kinda pissed me off?

Cheers

Howie

Howie, you are a member of Crown & Anchor, yes?

Call THAT number and ask them to help you pay for the rest of your cruise, after you explain the circumstances.

I think that they will assist you in giving Royal Caribbean your dollars.

:)

When you go into the section on MY Cruises on the rccl.com site. You should see a phone number of the agency you booked the cruise with. Try calling that phone number, it might be a different one then the one you have listed on your confirmation from them. That is the number that Royal Caribbean get ahold of them with. Try that phone number.

You would have had to added this cruise to your MY CRUISE section though to see this phone number.

Howie...I hope you get this whole thing resolved quickly! Hopefully you are a C&A member and do what Merion Mom suggests.

Sadly not a C&A member as this is my first cruise on RCCL! As to the number on the my trips page I don't see one which is odd..

Cheers

Howie

Sadly not a C&A member as this is my first cruise on RCCL! As to the number on the my trips page I don't see one which is odd..

Cheers

Howie

Call the C & A and see if they can help anyway. Or call the regular number and ask for the resolutions desk.

Cheers

Howie

Call RC back and ask for a supervisor....tell them you want this cruise but can't get a hlod of TA and you have a suspicion that it may not be on the up and up or out of business. They have to work with you....they do have ways of getting around these things.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Cheers

Howie

The name of the travel agency should be listed there with it's address and phone number. Is that the same number you have been calling?

The name of the travel agency should be listed there with it's address and phone number. Is that the same number you have been calling?

The name of the agency is listed but with no number and about to call RCCL right now.

Cheers

Howie

FYI: Right in the RCCL brochure (I was looking at 2009/Caribbean) it specifically says that if a TA owns the reservation, final payment can be made to the TA *or directly to RCCL.* (I was surprised by that and even re-read it a few times.)

They should be able to process payment based on that.

Good luck!

I hope you have this worked out by now. Most agencies give you a "due date" a few days in advance of the cruiselines date so hopefully you are okay. What date do you sail?

I just did a quick check and my bookings do not show the agency phone number on "my reservations" on rccl.com. Not sure why but apparently some do not. I have 4 right now and none show the phone and address, just the agency name.

Call RCCL and keep calling and escalating to a supervisor until they can confirm that your booking is still there and that you can pay the remainder per the original price and go. If they ask you to get in touch with the TA, tell them that the TA is not picking up or replying for more than xx days now and it is possible they are out of business. RCCL should help you out.

I hope you have this worked out by now. Most agencies give you a "due date" a few days in advance of the cruiselines date so hopefully you are okay. What date do you sail?

I just did a quick check and my bookings do not show the agency phone number on "my reservations" on rccl.com. Not sure why but apparently some do not. I have 4 right now and none show the phone and address, just the agency name.

We sail 8/22 which made final payment due over the weekend since it's 70 days out for a 7 nts cruise. RCCL tried to call the TA as well no answer..

Cheers

Howie

Someone from RCCL is supposed to be calling us back shortly..Waiting for their call and hope it comes before 630 since I have theater tickets tonight..

Cheers

Howie

I'm willing to bet they are investigating the reservation and TA ... hope they have a good answer and they turn the booking back over to you! :)

Theatre tickets.....sounds heavenly!

Someone from RCCL is supposed to be calling us back shortly..Waiting for their call and hope it comes before 630 since I have theater tickets tonight..

Cheers

Howie

what show, just saw Hair this weekend it was wonderful?

Archived