Mariner Spa

I copied the info below from my TA's website. Once again I hope she will not mind, but since it is information that she got from RSSC, I don't think she will. In 2006, I had RENOVATEUR REVITALIZING BODY TREATMENT onboard Voyager. It was not a very pleasant experience, the stone body massage was omitted, she asked whether I really wanted the face massage (I did) and she grudgingly gave it a go while I was wrapped up. I have never been back for any other spa treatments on any other RSSC ship. I know there are plenty of people who love RSSC's spa and make lots of visits, but I think they are universally agreed to be a bit overpriced. I have noticed that the spas generally run 'sales' during each cruise and will place an ad about what they are offering and the special discounted price in the daily Passages. Debbie

Regent's Carita Spa on each ship is a one-of-a-kind sanctuary of peace and tranquility. Created by the legendary Carita sisters of Paris, enjoyed by celebrated patrons such as Catherine Deneuve and Paloma Picasso, here guests can indulge in an extensive list of exclusive beautifying services as well as the latest regimens of health and revitalization therapies. Each ship is also equipped with a health club outfitted with the latest machines for fitness training.

La Maison de Beaute - Carita Cruise Spa

Enter a world of serenity and beauty, where the sound of fountains, the glow of cool marble and the touch of the masseuse erase all cares. Take your pick of massage, thalassotherapy, aromatherapy, wraps or steam room treatments - all skillfully administered by wonder-working hands.

Fitness Center & Aerobics Room

Exercise your options in our Fitness Center with lifecycles, treadmills, stairmasters and weight machines. (On PG only: Or work out on or under the water with windsurfing, waterskiing, kayaking, and our exclusive PADI diving program.)

Carita Spa Services & Retail Price List

Please note prices are subject to change.

Use of sauna & steam room is available during spa opening hours.

While times may vary in certain ports, the general hours of operation are 8am to 7:30pm.

Special Considerations: As the Spa offers each guest the chance to relax in a tranquil setting, we appreciate you turning off your mobile phone and speaking quietly.

BODY REFLEXOLOGY MASSAGE : Feet, Hands, Head and Shoulders

An age-old healing art that revitalizes your immune system by the application of direct pressure to specific points of the body. 25min.....US$80 and 50min.....US$130 and 80min.....US$200

TRADITIONAL THERAPEUTIC AROMATHERAPY MASSAGE

A fusion of Eastern and Western massage techniques combined with the therapeutic properties of aromatherapy. This treatment is particularly intended to relieve general fatigue, jet lag and stress, resulting in a re-energized state of well-being.

25min.....US$90 and 50min.....US$150 and 80min.....US $215

SHIATSU

A massage that will pummel away tight knotted muscles right where you carry all the stresses of your life. 25min.....US$90 and 50min.....US$150 and 80min.....US $215

FOUR HANDS SWEDISH ROYAL

50min.....US$265 and 80min.....US $375

IN SUITE MASSAGE

50min.....US$180 and 80min....US$260

MASSAGE LESSON

80min.....US$190

RENOVATEUR SATIN SKIN

The ideal treatment to attain that satin-like softness for your skin. Its treatment begins with our exclusive Rénovateur® exfoliation. This is followed by the gentle stimulation of your skin to begin its regeneration process, leading to a healthy, youthful radiance.

55min.....US$170

RENOVATEUR REVITALIZING BODY TREATMENT

A unique and sensual treatment combining the Rénovateur® technique, capped by body wrapping and a stone massage. In this process, the face is nourished and gently smoothed with small cold pebbles for rejuvenation; while the body is massaged with a special technique using warmed volcanic stones, leaving you with a sense of deep relaxation. 70min.....US$260

FACE RENOVATEUR LIFT FERMETE

with Pro Lifting* 55m US$180

w/out Pro Lifting 45m US$165

An ideal treatment for mature skin that repairs the tell-tale signs of ageing, providing an immediate and visible lifting effect to the complexion; the treatment acts quickly and the skin acquires a transparent clarity, wherein any slackness is lifted, fine lines and wrinkles are erased, and the contours and shape of the face are perfectly redefined.

RENOVATEUR HYDRATATION INTENSE

with Pro Lifting* 55m US$145

w/out Pro Lifting 45m US$125

An SOS treatment for thirsty skin weakened by dehydration or prolonged sun exposure; the skin is treated to extensive rehydration, exfoliation, deep cleansing and moisturization. The skin’s natural balance is stimulated and restored to produce a long-lasting suppleness of texture glowing with a refreshed vitality.

*THE PRO LIFTING MACHINE

Reinforces the impact of house products. It cleanses deep-down and makes your skin visibly firmer and radiant. A must-session – try it and see the difference!

HAIR - WAXING - MANICURE- PEDICURE

TREATMENT PRICE IN US$

SHAMPOO BLOW DRY / ROLLER SET 60-100

MAINTENANCE CUT & NATURAL DRY 100

MAINTENANCE CUT & BLOW DRY 135

EVENING UP-STYLE - MEDIUM HAIR 85

EVENING UP-STYLE - LONG HAIR 110

COMB-OUT 45

RENOVATEUR CHEVUE (SCALP TREATMENT ONLY) 85

GENTLEMAN'S CUT

HAIR COLOURING (prices exclude cutting & styling):

COLOUR - ROOTS 75

COLOUR - FULL HEAD 105-150

HIGHLIGHTS - FULL HEAD 120-160

HIGHLIGHTS - HALF HEAD 85

HIGHLIGHTS - TOP HEAD 40

FOR ANY ADDITIONAL COLOUR 20

WAXING

Full Legs / Back Wax 75

Half Legs / Underarm / Bikini Zone/Arms 45

Eyebrow / Lip / Chin 25

MANICURE & PEDICURE

Regular Manicure 45

French Manicure 50

Deluxe Manicure 80

Artificial Nail Repair (per Nail) 15

Refills 100

Polish Change 25

French Polish Change 30

Regular Pedicure 65

French Pedicure 70

Deluxe Pedicure 90

Appointment Information:

It is encouraged to arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment to ensure total relaxation and enhanced treatment results. This will allow you time to slip into a robe and relax before your treatment. Arriving late will simply limit the treatment, reducing its benefits and your enjoyment. Your treatment will end on time to prevent inconveniencing the next guest. The same treatment price will apply.

Cancellation Policy: Please allow 12 hours notice of cancellation to avoid a 50% charge. A no show will incur a 100% charge.

On our first Voyager cruise (about 4 years ago), I had a massage. It was hands down the worst spa experience I've ever had. As perfunctory, impersonal and unpleasant as could be. The opposite of "relaxing." In addition, there was no way to choose what kind of music one might like (or not like) to listen to. Experience was so memorably awful I've never tried the spa again on any of following cruises (though we love Regent in virtually every other respect). jmo

We've been on 6 or 7 cruises on Regent and I've only used the Spa a couple of times because it is SO expensive. I realize we are on vacation, but the spa at our country club is about half Carita's prices.

Of course, if I'm not able to get a refund of our OBC's, I may have to get a 'Four Hands Swedish Royal' (sounds sort of kinky!).

Unfortunately I have to agree with poss. My wife and I both had massages on board Voyager several years ago. It was one of the worst massages I have ever had. It was almost like the masseuse went to sleep at one point during the massage. Still not sure if we'll even bother with the spa on our next cruise.

Any feedback on the massages on the Mariner in Alaska? I would love to read a review by someone who got one recently. Any particular masseur/masseuse to request or avoid?

Who can find free time for the spa on the jam-packed Alaska itinerary?? ;)

-- Eric

(Sorry, no one in our family used the spa on our recent Mariner trip.)

I use the spas on every Regent trip. The staff in the SPA are top notch and many of them are long time Carita staff that I have enjoyed for more than 3 years. Yes, the prices are higher than your "day spas" in most towns, but about the same as most luxury spas in the larger resorts. Try the combination stone/swedish massage...always great!

• 2 weeks later...

I used OBCs to get the $90 "deluxe pedicure". It was nothing more than a polish change. The spouse had his first ever massage and described it as okay. But he's very muscle bound & they weren't strong enough to do it adequately.

I spend a lot of time in the spa on the Mariner. The ladies always remember me and I have always had great massages. Yes, they are expensive but I always try to save some extra money so I can get my massages.

Archived