Solstice bed location.

terrierjohn

Solstice bed location preferences.  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Solstice bed location preferences.

• Bed was by balcony door
    • Bed was next to bathroom
    • My preference was for Balcony
    • My preference was for bathroom

For all those who have already sailed on the Solstice can we get your views on your bed location preference; where was your bed and was it the best location.

I prefer the bed closer to the Bathroom. Seems like more space from the sofa/desk area onto the balcony. Also with the desk near the sliders, gives more light during the day when putting on make-up or using the laptop.

I had both situations. I prefer the bed by the bathroom because then when we were getting ready for dinner, I was at the desk area, and my husband was in the bathroom area, and we were not on top of each other.

I think I will prefer the bed by the balcony. That leaves the desk, sofa, and walk around area clear in relation to the bathroom. Only get in bed to sleep or nap so the rest of the cabin will be free for answering door, using the desk, etc.....

Actually, I don't care. I just want a cabin on a cruise ship going anywhere!!!!:D

Hi,

We've had both arrangements on Solstice and wouldn't want to go back to having it near the bathroom.

For us, having the open area/sitting area near the bathroom gave a much more open feel. Plus, it felt like we could enter or exit the stateroom easier without having to work around the end of the bed.

The biggest plus was the far better access that such placement gave to the closet and the safe. For us, with the safe in its' new low level location, having to sit on the bed and try to get things into/out of the safe was a pain. Without the bed in front of it, I could actually kneel on the floor and see into the safe.

CM

we have always had our bed near the balcony, just lucky I guess. On a HAL cruise, my parents had theirs near the balcony and my cousins had theirs near the bathroom and I swear, my parents room looked twice as big as my cousins room. I hope when we book our celebrity cruise on the eclipse we luck out with a bed by the balcony. But like cruisinNana I will be happy just to be on a cruise!

I had both situations. I prefer the bed by the bathroom because then when we were getting ready for dinner, I was at the desk area, and my husband was in the bathroom area, and we were not on top of each other.

This is exactly why I like it this way. When the only outlet is on the desk, it is nice to be away from the bathroom. I also felt like there was more room to access the closet with the bed by the bathroom. Now, it doesn't appear to be the case if the beds are separated into 2 beds... but as one, there is more room.

I also felt like there was more room to access the closet with the bed by the bathroom. Now, it doesn't appear to be the case if the beds are separated into 2 beds... but as one, there is more room.

Hi,

This certainly wasn't the case in our two different staterooms. I trust Hylasgirl and always enjoy their posts and enthusiasm. Could there be more difference between the types of non-suite rooms than we thought???

This picture is of closet access in a CC1 bathroom side bed:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2235894850099099348EUKxrv

Barely room enough for a carry-on suitcase between the bed/closet/safe.

This picture is of closet access in an AC balcony side bed:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2154779770099099348EWpguB

Open access to the closet/safe, and when the pillows were back on the bed, there was only the short arm of the sofa at the longer side of the closet.

CM

My main reason for this poll/post was to find out what previous Solstice cruisers thought about the 2 different bed locations.

Our first thought was that we would prefer the bed by the closet/bathroom which would give us the sitting area next to the balcony, as this has been the only layout we have experienced so far when we have had a 2 seater sofa.

(If you check my signature you will notice we have mainly cruised with Princess where you don't get a sofa unless you book a mini suite.)

So it has been very interesting to hear about the perceived benefits of the alternate set up.

However I am still inclined to prefer the sitting area by the balcony, and our stateroom on the Feb cruise on Solstice will have that set up. However our stateroom for the Sept. 2010 Eclipse cruise will have the sitting area in the middle. So it depends how much we enjoy the Feb. cruise as to whether we seek to change the booking for the Eclipse.

My wife and I prefer the bed by the balcony. On all the cruises we have been on where we had a balcony, the bed was by the bathroom.

We found that if you are in the cabin and want to read or just relax on the couch, you can see the ocean and the lighting is much better.

However, I do agree with some comments that the bed can sometimes be in the way.

On our Soltice cruise we had the bed by the bathroom and at some times it was a bit akward, but overall it was fine.

Archived