waitlist on a cruise

puddytat

Just received some incredible price offer on Ocean Princess going Asia this December. Checked with my TA and discount website and told the fare is 1/3 higher. Was able to reserve it directly with Princess but was on a wait list.

Does anyone have experience on being put on the wait list how long does it take to clear.

There's no way to tell how long it'll take to clear -- maybe tomorro or it might never clear. First, you need to know what number you are on the waitlist. Number 2 has a good chance; number 222, maybe not so much. Also, are you only waitlisted for one category -- that will necessarily limit your chances, especially on such a small ship. Since final payment deadline is still pretty far out, I'm sure there will be cancellations. You'll just have to sit tight and keep your fingers crossed! Good luck!

We purchased an obstructed view cabin and I requested to be waitlisted for a balcony. We were on CB NY to NY..

We drove to NY the day before the cruise and 1 hour before arriving in NY my cell phone went off and it was Princess asking me if I still wanted the Upgrade. So that was hours before the cruise! But either way we knew we were on the ship.

Is there any way you could purchase a lower level cabin and still remain waitlisted like us? That way you can make plans to go either way it turns out.

Most category cabin are open for booking through outside TA and website, so availability is not an issue only the price is a third higher than if I get through Princess on a wait list.

I was told that I am No. 1 on my category and No. 6 on the total wait list so the chance is good. Just wondering when that magic call will come because I need to arrange to fly overseas.

The T.A.s may have a Group booked. They are assigned by the cruiseline certain cabins in all categories. At a point in time before Final Payment Day, those cabins that the Agency, or Consortium, have not sold are "Recalled" by Princess.

Then these cabins go back into inventory. That is the day you will get the call. You have a really good chance. Stay close to that phone.

For this close in, I would ask the fare for the Princess Air, especially if it is an open jaw flight, Princess Air may be lower.

:D:D;):D:D

What I don't understand is why Princess would be offering specials on acruise that is waitlisted.

The good pricing probably came through snail mail. The same pricing was probably available on the internet or via Travel Agents or via phone to Princess for a while, and the cabins were booked before the snail mail arrived.

Now that's the type of Waitlisting I do not mind...

Time is on your side..::

As you may have the best potential now being booked..with a WL status.

Keep calling Princess too ... :cool:

Be glad it is not the Tradional Dining Wait Lists.. as who ever heard of an AnyTime Dining Waitlist...

Ask Princess on this as well when you speak with them..

As now the Stats we are seeing is about 63-78 % request Tradional and most do not even get it.. :eek:

Just received some incredible price offer on Ocean Princess going Asia this December. Checked with my TA and discount website and told the fare is 1/3 higher. Was able to reserve it directly with Princess but was on a wait list.

Does anyone have experience on being put on the wait list how long does it take to clear.

Now that you mention the dining choice, I got on the traditional dining, not a problem there, was even asked about the preference for table.

Keep my finger crossed.

If that call comes, happy as a clam. If it doesn't, at least it makes me feel booked on a future cruise for a while ...

Princess's website is always sky high. I use an on-line agent for cruising (like many of you) that is significantly lower than theirs, so the l/3 less doesn't sound quite as great.

I would think that they would try to sell those rooms at a decent price for awhile, and then if they absolutely have to resort to those that paid that much less (if it is really that much less than some of the low cost on-line websites). Of course, I am just guessing.

I had eyed that cruise.... It was/is SO inexpensive on-line, but I decided on the Azamara purely because of itinerary. Whether I did the right thing or not, I will never know. Princess has dropped so low, it was thousands less last time I looked. However, I have the hotel, air, etc that is arranged and not refundable, so I am staying with Azamara. Plus, I figured if I liked that itinerary, I might as well do it because I don't plan to return anytime too soon. There are too many places I haven't been to yet.

You might go on-line and see what the fare costs that way.

Then you can compare it to the waitlist deal you have now.

Azamara December Asia. . has had three price drops since late April. Princess seems to be dropping theirs a lot too.

What sailing are you on? I think there are two in December for Princess. I may be wrong, but I thought there were two. I would be curious to see what they are offering for that category on a discount website that sells lots of cruises.

OK.. curiosity got me.

I went and checked, and the Princess over the holidays is now as much as the Azamara. :-) AAAHHHH makes me feel better. Princess must be selling nicely... The Azmara (for my solo) cheapest inside room has dropped about $1,100 since the end of April.

However, the December 2, Ocean Princess is obviously much less expensive. It would be about $2,700 for me to book it today (with taxes included) --cheapest inside room as opposed to the $4,200 I am paying on Azamara over the holidays. Of course early December is a less expensive time to cruise.

I am hoping for more price drops on my cruise.... With the economy, you never know....

I don't think anyone understands Princess pricing!:rolleyes:!

I understand it well when I see my various bookings dropping and then getting refared immediately. When I'm certain they've reached bottom, then I turn my booking over to a TA for additional savings.

The T.A.s may have a Group booked. They are assigned by the cruiseline certain cabins in all categories. At a point in time before Final Payment Day, those cabins that the Agency, or Consortium, have not sold are "Recalled" by Princess.

Then these cabins go back into inventory. That is the day you will get the call. You have a really good chance. Stay close to that phone.

For this close in, I would ask the fare for the Princess Air, especially if it is an open jaw flight, Princess Air may be lower.[/SIZE]

PIA:

I guess you and I are the only ones who know the Secrets.

:D:D;):D:D

See ya on the High Seas.

I agree with this.

As soon as I see cabin's placed on Waitlist, it tells me Princess is trying to fill up the ship. That's when I usually get a call from my TA asking if I would like to be upgraded.

I understand it well when I see my various bookings dropping and then getting refared immediately. When I'm certain they've reached bottom, then I turn my booking over to a TA for additional savings.

Why not book directly with your TA in the first place?

Since TA's give better rates right from the start, why book with Princess first?

:confused:

Coastaljen,

Maam Carnival CCK/CUK :NYSE just announced there earnings as well other said it was higher than projections.

This is as well part.. of another reason why the parent is not, currently, implementing FUEL Surcharges.

If they do it is a simple formulas of how many more cabins will be unfilled and/or under utilized ...

Capacity is a factoring which is so vital now for this equation.

On your cost basis do you get bids?

I usually do, in most things, over a certain dollar amount.:cool:

OK.. curiosity got me.

I went and checked, and the Princess over the holidays is now as much as the Azamara. :-) AAAHHHH makes me feel better. Princess must be selling nicely... The Azmara (for my solo) cheapest inside room has dropped about $1,100 since the end of April.

However, the December 2, Ocean Princess is obviously much less expensive. It would be about $2,700 for me to book it today (with taxes included) --cheapest inside room as opposed to the $4,200 I am paying on Azamara over the holidays. Of course early December is a less expensive time to cruise.

I am hoping for more price drops on my cruise.... With the economy, you never know....

Pia1913,

Maam,

I hope yours is at least ASTA..

They do have a Bond Requirement of 1/2 M.:cool:

Let me explain it clearer.

I was looking for the Dec 18 Ocean Princess sailing. TA and all discount website I checked quoted around 2500 for inside. However, I was able to be on a waitlist from Princess for 1476 for inside. I have worked with my TA for a few years, if she is able to offer me the best price, she would, she simply couldn't.

I'm confused. I've done a few Princess wait-lists -- one cleared and the other didn't. But the price was never confirmed until it cleared. Are you sure you are going to get that price on the advertisement if it clears?

Why not book directly with your TA in the first place?

Since TA's give better rates right from the start, why book with Princess first?

:confused:

Chris, TA's cannot possibly monitor all fares. I monitor my own with Princess; works quite well. I know my TA will give me a lower one when I eventually turn it over, but in the interim nobody can watch my bookings better than I can.

Chris, TA's cannot possibly monitor all fares. I monitor my own with Princess; works quite well. I know my TA will give me a lower one when I eventually turn it over, but in the interim nobody can watch my bookings better than I can.

I monitor the price as well.

Just to see if the price does go down.

So far my TA has always given me the bottom line price.

Never have I seen the price lower on Princess's site.

(on certain occasions I have seen the price increase)

This is great since I know I got a great deal right from the start.

I monitor the price as well.

Just to see if the price does go down.

So far my TA has always given me the bottom line price.

Never have I seen the price lower on Princess's site.

(on certain occasions I have seen the price increase)

This is great since I know I got a great deal right from the start.

Doesn't matter which way you do it as long as you get the best price.

Archived