Past Celebrity Employee - Answering Your Questions

cruiseemployee

Why do we care where this person is from? He/She has made it clear that

a) X reads these boards and

b) he/she has no desire to 'be known' because, see a above

Don't you think it's rather rude to try to ferret out more personal info when this person has said, forcefully, they do not want to be known. Don't be responsible for running this person off!

Cruiseemployee, thanks for being willing to answer our qustions. I, for one, will gladly abide by your rules and post no ideas I may have as to who you are and what ships you've been on. Let's hope others on the boards will see this and realize what their little 'mutterings' can do!

Come on cruisers. Let's just be glad that Cruiseemployee is willing to talk to us. I for one am really enjoying the posts.

Cruiseemployee, I also want to thank you for answering our questions. This is a wonderful thread, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Garry

cruiseemployee, thanks so much for all the information. You have answered many questions I have had myself, and I'm glad you started this thread. Please don't stop answering the questions.

For those of you finding the need to "verify his identity", I still don't see why the need to know who he is. He's not trashing the cruise line, he's not divulging financial information or telling any "secrets" that would hurt anyone. If indeed he's not the real thing, then it seems he sure knows alot about the things that make cruising much more pleasant for both the passengers and the employees. That's a win win situation as far as I can see. I sure understand a lot more about the employees after reading these post, and appreciate what they do for us even more.

People, get a life! Who cares whether cruiseemployee reveals his/her identity?! Can't you just enjoy having your questions answered!?

This is a FORMER employee, not an actively employed person. And I have not read anything on this thread yet that would be termed confidential in nature. It's mostly cruiseemployee's opinions & insights as a former employee.

Cruiseemployee -- I think you should only answer those posts that include meaningful questions & disregard the grumblers.

Maybe the grumblers are actually Celebrity personnel... hmmmm..... the plot thickens.

Jen :)

People, get a life! Who cares whether cruiseemployee reveals his/her identity?! Can't you just enjoy having your questions answered!?

This is a FORMER employee, not an actively employed person. And I have not read anything on this thread yet that would be termed confidential in nature. It's mostly cruiseemployee's opinions & insights as a former employee.

Cruiseemployee -- I think you should only answer those posts that include meaningful questions & disregard the grumblers.

Maybe the grumblers are actually Celebrity personnel... hmmmm..... the plot thickens.

Jen :)

Jen,

There are thoes here that have cruised with us, had dinner, and met for drinks. Dont work for Celb nor RCI. There are others that have met my DD when on ship. But the internet will allow for fabrication.

I think this is one of the best threads we've ever had, and I think it's boorish and rude behavior to hassle CruiseEmployee about his identity. He's doing us a favor and we should be grateful for the interesting information and anecdotes he's sharing with us. If you feel the need to "prove" his validity or reveal his identity or enforce RCI's rules concerning CURRENT employees, then please go elsewhere and give some one else a hard time. Don't ruin this thread for the rest of us.

P.S.... is there anyway to put Wallie on "ignore"? :)

Allen

Tbelion - I would like to keep all of my options open. Don't burn bridges. Revealing myself might hinder this in the future. Would't you agree?

I guess I'll just have to reiterate that 'this' is a message board, open to anyone who wants to register, and follow the guidelines. And, in the bigger picture, it is 'the net' ... I'm not saying yes, or no to who anyone is, just reminding all those that read to take everything with copious amounts of salt.

I could say 'I' am the king of Prussia, and who would be anyone to say I'm not?

ps.. Personally, I'd rather have my questions answered first hand through the ship board experience. This primarily stems from significant inconsistency between what I read here, and what has actually happened on cruises I have been on.

I am quite a bit annoyed at this point. It does not matter whether this man still works for X or RCI/never worked for them/completely fabricating everything or is jack williams himself!

When ANY information is given on these boards(or any public forum)..you can believe it in whole/believe what you want or ignore everything!

So far i have read NOTHING but HELPFUL answers to questions posted.

If he told you his name was JOE SCHMO would it make you happier? Would you then believe all he has to say?

I have seen responses from so called "dentists" "lawyers" and "travel agents" I dont see them being questioned repeatedly to prove their answers are accurate!

I am sorry cruisee that some people on this board are rude, illiterate or just plain unappreciative of your time and efforts and will understand if you choose to say "what do i need this for?" Personally i thank you as so many have.

*sweet* <~~~not feeling very sweet right now!!!

Wallie how do we know you dont work for X or RCI? because you stated so?

This is really ridiculous. Cruiseemployee is kind enough to try to answer questions and is subjected to this. He or she is just one single person with experiences and opinions of his or her own. I certainly haven't seen any provocative answers that would justify this.

Take what you want from the answers and come to your own conclusions. It certainly is not necessary to impugn the integrity of the poster. It seems as though some of you have been watching too many detective shows.

I guess I'll just have to reiterate that 'this' is a message board, open to anyone who wants to register, and follow the guidelines. And, in the bigger picture, it is 'the net' ... I'm not saying yes, or no to who anyone is, just reminding all those that read to take everything with copious amounts of salt.

I could say 'I' am the king of Prussia, and who would be anyone to say I'm not?

ps.. Personally, I'd rather have my questions answered first hand through the ship board experience. This primarily stems from significant inconsistency between what I read here, and what has actually happened on cruises I have been on.

Then my advice in order for you to gain TRUE experience, would be to quickly hop aboard the nearest Cruise ship and quit wasting your time on this thread.

p.s. Don't forget your salt shaker! :D

I am quite a bit annoyed at this point. It does not matter whether this man still works for X or RCI/never worked for them/completely fabricating everything or is jack williams himself!

If he told you his name was JOE SCHMO would it make you happier? Would you then believe all he has to say?

Joe Schmo-Answering Your Questions

Would you have believed as firmly?

Just dont think it would have sucked everyone in quite as much.

quit wasting your time on this thread.

Again, I don't see where posting a message urging caution about 'the net' is a waste of time. People who may be too close to 'the forest' might take everything they read as gospel. I'm suggesting an alternate, more sensible approach ... Not a waste of my time at all.

Dont care to enforce anything, but the old phrase, you can fool some of the people most of the time ? What would you do if he wanted to give a some great stock tips? Any one could make the blanket statements being given by a wizard hideing behind a curtin.

Well Wallie, it is obvious that no one can fool you! :rolleyes: I think you are much too smart and obviously know it all, so I wouldn't waste anymore of your time on this thread. Go back to Oz! :D

Again, I don't see where posting a message urging caution about 'the net' is a waste of time. People who may be too close to 'the forest' might take everything they read as gospel. I'm suggesting an alternate, more sensible approach ... Not a waste of my time at all.

My point regarding you wasting your time is this: With the exception of perhaps Wallie, we are enjoying the questions and answers to and from Cruiseemployee. We are obviously not concerned about your "caution about the net" So I guess what I am saying is: Its like being in a "Forest" talking to nothing but the trees. No one Cares! Now you can decide if you are wasting your time. If not, keep blathering, I guess we are stuck with it never-the-less! :eek:

GKM - There are regular events that are always included that you always see on a cruise. They are staples and everything else is built around them. Like King, and pool olympics, and karaoke. Events do change based on demographics but only slightly. For example, on a mill. class ship, less basketball games and more shooting contests would take place for an older crowd. And on certain cruises, the number of Brits rise, so more brit triva. But overall it doesn't change too much. The major changes take place when a ship repositions for a new itinerary or when a new cruise director comes on. The new CD may like to host evening trivia while some prefer to let the Act. Staff do this. Every so often there comes a new idea that we try, like Survivor, to see if it works.

My point, as there are probably some that would ask for medical advice and believe you. But the Pied Pipper had a following too.

Yeah if you are a Rat! Sorry Wallie, couldn't resist. :D

Nitemare I am a Nurse (Psych.) Don't think Wallie needs that kind of help (yet) :) , maybe he just likes being the fly in the ointment.

Archived