Past Celebrity Employee - Answering Your Questions

cruiseemployee

Wallie,

Some people live in an idyllic world that believes if they post it, it must be true. I don't live in that idyllic world. I prefer to get my facts directly, rather than to believe everything I read.

Oops! starting to repeat yourself. Go, Go, get those facts now! Much too serious! ;)

I'm thinking that Tbel and Wallie are the types of people who get off on telling little kids that Santa Claus' date=' the Tooth Fairy, and the Great Pumpkin don't exist. :)[/quote']

Now this is one that I would put up there with the Great Pumpkin :D

And even if Joe Schmo said it were true..........naw, dont think so.

Wallie (apparently) has a daughter that works (or worked) in the cruise industry, and so, his challenges seem valid (to me anyway).

I reread the posts from the op. I have not found out anything I didn't already know (other than what a beer costs an employee, and what they pay for internet, who cares).

No, I do not tell children that santa clause, and etc, do not exist. Just ask the kids who were at our house for the family christmas party this past weekend. I would CERTAINLY caution kids about the internet. ESPECIALLY caution kids about the internet. Anyone care to disagree with THAT cautious position?

Yeah if you are a Rat! Sorry Wallie, couldn't resist. :D

Nitemare I am a Nurse (Psych.) Don't think Wallie needs that kind of help (yet) :) , maybe he just likes being the fly in the ointment.

He lost all crediability in post #17 when he was evasive about the cost of a beer in the crew lounge, less than $2, please. But once again I am not the one that is dangling waiting for a word of wisdom from the voice.

Now if his code name was 'Deep Throat' and he was talking about Watergate !

Wallie (apparently) has a daughter that works (or worked) in the cruise industry, and so, his challenges seem valid (to me anyway).

I reread the posts from the op. I have not found out anything I didn't already know (other than what a beer costs an employee, and what they pay for internet, who cares).

No, I do not tell children that santa clause, and etc, do not exist. Just ask the kids who were at our house for the family christmas party this past weekend. I would CERTAINLY caution kids about the internet. ESPECIALLY caution kids about the internet. Anyone care to disagree with THAT cautious position?

What exactly are the challenges anyway? These questions and answers have all been lighthearted and innocuous. I certainly don't see anything misleading or threatening in any way. As you said, you haven't found out anything you didn't know anyway so what's the harm? You and Wallie act as if someone is trying to lure you to a midnight meeting at a sleazy motel. Lighten up!:rolleyes:

What exactly are the challenges anyway? These questions and answers have all been lighthearted and innocuous. I certainly don't see anything misleading or threatening in any way. As you said, you haven't found out anything you didn't know anyway so what's the harm? You and Wallie act as if someone is trying to lure you to a midnight meeting at a sleazy motel. Lighten up!:rolleyes:

Actually, we are the ones 'not' being lured. The rest of the readers seemed to jump on this 'information feeding frenzy' as if they were starved writers working for the National Enquirer. I am taking this VERY lightly, again, with lots of salt.

Alright, 2 people out of 200 question my credibility. And they say that there is nothing productive coming out of this thread; but yet they remain in the thread... Please leave it you don't agree with me. I'm just trying to bring you an insiders view to guests and what goes on behind the scenes. You don't take anything out of the thread? You knew everything already? Whatever bud...Oh, and a corona is $1.50 in case it really made a difference.

Good point. I'm out.

Cruiseemployee, another question. How are the activities selected on board ship? Do you ever change or add things when you see the age group and interest level of the cruisers? Garry

Cruiseemployee, I am reposting my question since it got buried in the previous page. Hopefully, we can now get back to the original meaning of this thread. I've really been enjoying your posts.;)

Garry

GKM - There are regular events that are always included that you always see on a cruise. They are staples and everything else is built around them. Like King, and pool olympics, and karaoke. Events do change based on demographics but only slightly. For example, on a mill. class ship, less basketball games and more shooting contests would take place for an older crowd. And on certain cruises, the number of Brits rise, so more brit triva. But overall it doesn't change too much. The major changes take place when a ship repositions for a new itinerary or when a new cruise director comes on. The new CD may like to host evening trivia while some prefer to let the Act. Staff do this. Every so often there comes a new idea that we try, like Survivor, to see if it works.

GKM, see above for the 'answer'. That got 'lost'.

Alright Tbelian, all I was doing was helping people out here. I did nothing wrong on this thread. I have no anger, just frustration that me revealing my name was such a huge issue (which is where this whole argument stemmed from). Yes you have every right to be here, and you can question my validity. I don't know what you need from me? Names of CD's? Derek Habraken, Simon Weir, John Howell? Does this prove my knowledge of the company? You want a DNA sample???

This will be the last time I respond to you unless it is relevant to the cruise industry. Sorry, but I'm on here to provide information. Not to be criticized. You are the type of person that we hate to have on a ship. And I'm guessing you criticize every last detail on board as well. The second you step on the gangway, I guarantee you the crew cringes. A week of hell.

Alright, 2 people out of 200 question my credibility. And they say that there is nothing productive coming out of this thread; but yet they remain in the thread... Please leave it you don't agree with me. I'm just trying to bring you an insiders view to guests and what goes on behind the scenes. You don't take anything out of the thread? You knew everything already? Whatever bud...Oh, and a corona is $1.50 in case it really made a difference.

Yea, good point. But last thought folks, Why are there not more ex employees that post to CC ? Said he would be here once a week to answer ?'s and now it is every day ! Hum.

Alright Tbelian, all I was doing was helping people out here. I did nothing wrong on this thread. I have no anger, just frustration that me revealing my name was such a huge issue (which is where this whole argument stemmed from). Yes you have every right to be here, and you can question my validity. I don't know what you need from me? Names of CD's? Derek Habraken, Simon Weir, John Howell? Does this prove my knowledge of the company? You want a DNA sample???

This will be the last time I respond to you unless it is relevant to the cruise industry. Sorry, but I'm on here to provide information. Not to be criticized. You are the type of person that we hate to have on a ship. And I'm guessing you criticize every last detail on board as well. The second you step on the gangway, I guarantee you the crew cringes. A week of hell.

I have enjoyed every single one of my celebrity cruises, and had nothing but high praise for everyone I ran into on the ships (Mercury, Century, and Infinity). Including Lawrence our butler on Century, Danuta our waitress on Century, and later our Maitre'd on Infinity, along with social hostess Jennifer on Infinity, and our very first cruise director on Century Jim (now relocated to corporate office), along with blackjack dealer kaye (from down unda!), waiter Devrim, butlers Sanjay, and Reuben. Oh and cocktail waitress Veronica on Infinity. Also had great experiences with one of our first matre'd's , Mario. And I still keep in touch with Mark Preston, who now mostly appears on Royal Carribean.

Name dropping is fun. But I dont think we left a negative impression with ANY of these Celebrity crew members or staff.

In fact, days gone by here on CC, I have been labelled a 'Celebrity Mole'.

You jumped to a conclusion Mr/Ms employee. That conclusion is incorrect.

Wallie - I at first thought that I would only need to reply once every week. I didn't realize this many people would be interested. And I enjoy answering your questions. In a sense, it makes me feel like I'm still on the ship; in that fantasy world. Beaches and all. I won't be responding over xmas however. Away on holidays.

Cheers!!!

Is there any way to put these off-topics posts aside and get back to the original topic which was someone with first-hand knowledge providing valuable information to those of us who have questions. It's sad to see so many good threads eventually get spoiled by petty bickering. If you don't like what's being posted, try another thread.

Cruiseemployee, you've been very helpful.

Is there any way to put these off-topics posts aside and get back to the original topic which was someone with first-hand knowledge providing valuable information to those of us who have questions. It's sad to see so many good threads eventually get spoiled by petty bickering. If you don't like what's being posted, try another thread.

I'm with you, Lyn. I have not asked questions, but I have enjoyed the information very much!! cruiseemployee, please keep up the wonderful thread!! We will miss you over the holidays!!

You are 100% right. I apologize.

Since you have been around CC for over 4+ years but have no post count I couldnt explain it to ya.

Keep in mind that many users lost 1000s of posts when the boards changed format back in the spring. So post count continues to mean nothing just like it meant nothing before the boards changed format.

Archived