Freedom of the Seas 6/14-6/21-Best Family Vacation on Earth!

If your family could only do one cruise, which would they choose...FOS or Disney Magic? Our kids are 10, 11, 14 and love Disney, but mom needs a relaxing vacation...we've never cruised and this may be our only chance...what do you think??

Tara

To be honest with you, we have never sailed Disney before! We've only been to the Resort's and Parks numerous times! You will get a lot of good responses from those who have sailed both!!

My personal opinion, I can't imagine another cruise line offering all that the Freedom class ships have to offer-especially for the ages of your children!:)

Thank you so much for all you have posted! I appreciate the time you've taken to share this with us! I am even more excited now then I was before your thread!

Would you send me the compasses too if you are allowed? My email address is luckyprincessmelody at yahoo.com Thank you again!

You are very welcome and you have mail!:)

How Embarrassing! I feel bad for him! =p Good thing it wasn't me!

That's your #1 picture?!?! Most of your other pictures are a lot better than this! And where's your family? (It says best family photo!) I can't beleive a deck chair won! =O Anyway, thanks for the picture review!

I'm going to give you some slack because you're young!

My poor, poor kid, got to go on a fantastic, fabulous vacation and his mom made him take a cheesy picture so we can laugh about it for years and years to come:rolleyes:! I can torture him with it for life! :D Poor, poor kid!

In return, my kid's can laugh at ME, the crazy mom for years and years to come because her perfectly centered chair made them laugh for hours!:eek:

The only negative from our FOS seas was the dreaded muster outside.

Wish they would follow Princess cruiseline and hold them in a nice air conditioned lounge. The information is the same, but the comfort level ... :)

Thanks for the good review. I haven't been on an RCL cruise yet but I enjoyed your review and the pics. I really like the moving to the toilet pic and figured THAT would be you're #1 pic but I guess it's ok if it's #2 LOL!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Now that IS funny:D! With that attitude you and your family must come with us on our next cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only negative from our FOS seas was the dreaded muster outside.

Wish they would follow Princess cruiseline and hold them in a nice air conditioned lounge. The information is the same, but the comfort level ...

:D Note to self, muster on Princess and still enjoy Freedom;)

Just read thru 8 pages and loved it. I can't wait to take my 15 yr old son in January. Was it really only $60 for an hour of lessons on the flowrider? He will love that. If you think the the compasses will still be the same in January (except of course for the name acts) I would love copies as we are doing eastern caribbean also. my email is ruby62403@aol.com thanks!

Great review!!! My husband and I have sailed on the Mariner and loved her. We are extra excited to see and sail on the Freedom in October. We will be doing our 1st b2b!!!:D 1st week is Western and just the 2 of us. My mom and our 2 kids, ages 7 and 11, are flying down to join us the 2nd week for the Eastern route. I am a Freedom junkie right now. Would love to have the daily compasses and the Voyager compasses e-mailed to me: myhams@xxxxyahoo.com (exclued the x's). Does anyone have the compasses for my 7 year old? Thanks again for taking the time to post your pictures and your awesome review!!!

Was it really only $60 for an hour of lessons on the flowrider? He will love that. If you think the the compasses will still be the same in January (except of course for the name acts) I would love copies as we are doing eastern caribbean also. my email is ruby62403@aol.com thanks!
Yes, well worth th $60 per hour. He'll be with 7 other people but will get ample time to learn! My husband, who never surfed in his life, got it within 1/2 hour! My son had it a little sooner! Try to get an appointment early during the week so he has the rest of the week to 'show off'!!

oops, one more question, did you son go to the teen room. or any activities with them? If you mentioned it and I missed it, my bad, but I read thru 8 pages so quickly at 11:20pm. :o
I'll send the teen compasses to you. I am missing the 1st day but it was just a meet and greet at 10pm....I believe-:)

Thanks a bunch! My family is going on the Freedom in Janaury - cannot wait! I loved reading the AO compass too - my DD will turn 10 on the cruise - she'll be excited to read these tomorrow.
:D

Have a great time, Michele! My daughter liked having a printed version so if you need it just let me know!!

Great review!!! My husband and I have sailed on the Mariner and loved her. We are extra excited to see and sail on the Freedom in October. We will be doing our 1st b2b!!!:D 1st week is Western and just the 2 of us. My mom and our 2 kids, ages 7 and 11, are flying down to join us the 2nd week for the Eastern route. I am a Freedom junkie right now. Would love to have the daily compasses and the Voyager compasses e-mailed to me: myhams@xxxxyahoo.com (exclued the x's). Does anyone have the compasses for my 7 year old? Thanks again for taking the time to post your pictures and your awesome review!!!
I would love to do a B2B-especially on Freedom! I have to see what ends up in the 'cruise fund' next year-LOL:)

I'll email the Compasses to you as well as the 9-11 kid's compasses.

Forgot to mention this! (Thanks, Knuckles!)

On day 5, the headliner show was a tribute band to Abba!:D:) Abbacadabra!

I am not a huge Abba fan, but this act was OUTSTANDING!!

They leave Freedom on Sunday, will be in Vegas, and then back on Liberty!

If they happen to show up on one of your cruises, PLEASE see them! You will not be disappointed!;)

:D

Have a great time, Michele! My daughter liked having a printed version so if you need it just let me know!!

Sure! If you'd like to e-mail, then send it to my username (QTMichele) at yahoo dot com - but only if you have time and don't mind; otherwise, I'll have her look here. :) Thanks!

Archived