Creeped out by Coki Beach on St. Thomas. Better beach excursions from RCI?

I would not do an RCI beach excursion. You pay for nothing you can't do cheaper yourself and you have to leave on their time. As far as beaches I have been to Coki because it is a good snorkeling beach. If you want a beautiful beach on St, Thomas I suggest Sapphire Beach. I have not been there for a couple of years but it was not like Coki. The best beach experience though is to go to St. Johns which has several beaches. Trunk Bay is one that I recommend. You take a cab to Red Hook, a ferry and a cab to the beach. RCI no doubt has a beach trip to Trunk Bay but I think it is better to do it yourself. Trunk Bay is part of a national park so you don't have to worry about a Coki Beach type atmosphere.

I agree with everything you said. We went to Sapphire Beach on our own via one of the vans that are parked outside at the dock. The ride cost more than Megan's bay but there wasn't an entrance fee so it balanced out. We have also been to St John's via a Celebrity excursion. I would book this on my own next time. Megan's Bay had gotten too crowded in the past when the largest ships only carried 3000 passengers. I can't imagine what it would be like now with all of the 5000 passenger ships in port.

I agree with everything you said. We went to Sapphire Beach on our own via one of the vans that are parked outside at the dock. The ride cost more than Megan's bay but there wasn't an entrance fee so it balanced out. We have also been to St John's via a Celebrity excursion. I would book this on my own next time. Megan's Bay had gotten too crowded in the past when the largest ships only carried 3000 passengers. I can't imagine what it would be like now with all of the 5000 passenger ships in port.

Megan's Bay wasn't too bad at Easter. However, we went early and left by 1:30PM. We were sailing on Allure and it's 5k+ Paxs. Took the famous cattle cars waiting by. Beautiful view of the harbor and ships when you go up the mountains on the way to the beach.

Boy, they really scour to resurrect an 9 year old thread. I guess they could not find any newer St. Thomas beach revues. A lot has happened in 9 years.;p

Several hurricanes at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Several hurricanes at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is a good reason not to go by nine year old threads! I was on one of the first Royal sailings that stopped at St.Thomas after the hurricane last year. We went to Megan’s since we read that a big special effort had been made to get it up and running. Normally I would not go there. And it was fine. It was not very crowded either. Had a pretty good beach day. Other beaches were closed and we didn’t have enough info at the time ( last December) that we wanted to risk going to Sapphire.