Duct tape to the rescue!

Willie T

We all have seen the threads about duct tape, and like everyone else I usually throw some in on a cruise, but never had to use it. 2 weeks ago while on a trip to Vegas, my friends suitcase totally ripped out on the bottom. We were on quite a strict budget, (think poor). I told her I could fix it with duct tape, which was when she rolled her eyes and muttered "riiiiight". So we bought an overpriced roll, and bing bang, she made it home just fine. Gotta love Cruise Critic!

The duct tape that I take on cruises is a flat package that I got at Walmart. It's not a big roll. I have needed it to repair my watershoes. I damaged them climbing the falls in Jamaica and needed them the next day for tubing in Belize. A cruising friend of ours was making fun of me for bringing it along, until he needed it along with my multi tool. He doesn't make fun of me anymore.

Sewut

I used to laugh at those all the people who packed duct tape. That was until my bags arrived at the FLL airport with large holes cut in them and my clothes almost hanging out.

Our flight the night before had been cancelled so we were forced into flying same day. Had to get the cab driver to stop on the way to port so we could buy some duct tape and patch the suitcase. Didn't want to hand over the bags to the porter and take the chance stuff could fall out of it!

It goes in the suitcase now. :p We've used it since then to re-tape the boxes our liquor order comes in. After getting the wrong stuff delivered one time, I always open it and check now.

The duct tape that I take on cruises is a flat package that I got at Walmart. It's not a big roll. I have needed it to repair my watershoes. I damaged them climbing the falls in Jamaica and needed them the next day for tubing in Belize. A cruising friend of ours was making fun of me for bringing it along, until he needed it along with my multi tool. He doesn't make fun of me anymore.

Sewut

This flat package sounds very interesting, I am going to have to check it out, Thanks!!

I used to laugh at those all the people who packed duct tape. That was until my bags arrived at the FLL airport with large holes cut in them and my clothes almost hanging out.

Just so you know, if time permits, go to the Baggage Claim office of the airline. They will give you a new bag, right on the spot...

DH calls me "McGyver", cause I use duct tape to fix everything! Bring it on every vacation. Have used it so far to fix suitcases, hems on clothing, bra straps that have unexpectedly broken, and to put on rental car antennas so we can find them in parking lots. Love that duct tape!

The airline wanted to charge my dad for having an extra bag. So he duct-taped 2 suitcases together. Then he asked, does this count as one or two? She said one, so they check it through with no extra charge. Duct-tape can save a lot of money.

the airline wanted to charge my dad for having an extra bag. So he duct-taped 2 suitcases together. Then he asked, does this count as one or two? She said one, so they check it through with no extra charge. Duct-tape can save a lot of money.

roflmao

This reminds me of something my daughter said when she was about three.

"Daddy can fix anything! He has duct tape." :D

The Engineer's Creed

states that only two things in this life are reaallyy essential

WD-40 and Duct Tape

WD-40 for those things that should be moving, but aren't.

Duct Tape for those thing that shouldn't be moving, but are.

Now you know! ;)

Archived