Coffee Card on Princess

jkshu80

So I have to pay for the coffee card when I get on the ship and it's only good for 15 total? What about for tea does the same thing apply if we drink tea we need a card?

Thank you all so much! Is anybody leaving on the ship sailing from NY next week??

My usual drink of choice, especially if it is hot (I don't do soda) is Iced Coffee. I like it with some milk and a bit sweet. This is also included on the coffee card without a punch. Kinda like an iced latte, I guess.

Fern

So I have to pay for the coffee card when I get on the ship and it's only good for 15 total? What about for tea does the same thing apply if we drink tea we need a card?

Thank you all so much! Is anybody leaving on the ship sailing from NY next week??

You can have all the free coffee you want, but not the specialties or the fresh brewed. However, with a coffee card you can get unlimited fresh brewed w/o a punch. See my previous post whereas I'm stating my coffee card is about to embark cruise number 7. I have zero punches, because the only coffee I drink is regular fresh brewed black.

How would a card be shared, I would like to buy one when I go on the Ruby in November. Will they bring me two cups of coffee with only one card?

Dorene

They will not clip it for the fresh brewed, only for the specialty coffee. We always get ours from the same waiter in the coffee bar and leave a dollar tip each morning.

Ron

My usual drink of choice, especially if it is hot (I don't do soda) is Iced Coffee. I like it with some milk and a bit sweet. This is also included on the coffee card without a punch. Kinda like an iced latte, I guess.

Fern

Have you had them shake it in the martini shaker? they will do that for free and it makes it frothy!!!

The Coffee Card:

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other lounges that have brewed coffee.

You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

What are the hours for the specialty coffee shops? If I want a good cup at 6 a.m., is there any place to get one?

Which ship? Which area? You would have to check the opening times for each venue on your specific ship.

Before buying, make sure to check out the coupon books in your cabin. In addition to the square coupon packet left in every cabin, we had two rectangular coupon books which were gifts from our travel agent. Each coupon book had a 2 for 1 offer on the coffee cards, so we got 2 cards.

It's just a bit more convenient for each of us to have a card so we don't have to find the other one when we want something. I mostly drink tea, and I really enjoyed being able to sit at La Patisserie (we were on the Coral, so no International Cafe) and have a nice pot of it rather than the small cups available at the buffet.

Before buying, make sure to check out the coupon books in your cabin. In addition to the square coupon packet left in every cabin, we had two rectangular coupon books which were gifts from our travel agent. Each coupon book had a 2 for 1 offer on the coffee cards, so we got 2 cards.

It's just a bit more convenient for each of us to have a card so we don't have to find the other one when we want something. I mostly drink tea, and I really enjoyed being able to sit at La Patisserie (we were on the Coral, so no International Cafe) and have a nice pot of it rather than the small cups available at the buffet.

We usually just get our coffee to go in the large container. One small cup wouldn't last us long enough.

Yes, My family and I will be sailing from New York next Wednesday, July 8 on the Caribbean Princess. Can't wait. The first thing I'm going to do is buy a coffee card. I was on this ship last September to Canada/New England and loved it. I will admit I knew nothing about the coffee card. See -- you learn something new everyday!

Yes, My family and I will be sailing from New York next Wednesday, July 8 on the Caribbean Princess. Can't wait. The first thing I'm going to do is buy a coffee card. I was on this ship last September to Canada/New England and loved it. I will admit I knew nothing about the coffee card. See -- you learn something new everyday!

Just keep in mind that if you have at least one punch remaining, the card is good on your next Princess cruise.

Just keep in mind that if you have at least one punch remaining, the card is good on your next Princess cruise.

And as long as you have a punch left, you can get the brewed coffee and not have to drink the syrup stuff.

Loved the coffee card and totally enjoyed using it during our Baltic cruise. Used it up with the lattes by the end of the cruise. I didn't know if it wasn't used up you could use it on your next cruise, that's nice. Also didn't know about the possibility of getting it 2 for 1. I will check that out on next cruise.

Pardon my denseness, but I still have a question even after reading all the posts on this thread. If I buy a Coffee Card and use it just for good brewed decaf coffee, can I still share the card with my husband if he, too, is just drinking brewed coffee. I understand that it can be shared if you're ordering specialty coffees, but what about brewed coffee? Do we need to buy two cards in that case?

My husband and I share a coffee card. They have always given me two coffees or coffee and hot chocolate at the same time if I have asked, whether he is with me or not.

Fern

Pardon my denseness, but I still have a question even after reading all the posts on this thread. If I buy a Coffee Card and use it just for good brewed decaf coffee, can I still share the card with my husband if he, too, is just drinking brewed coffee. I understand that it can be shared if you're ordering specialty coffees, but what about brewed coffee? Do we need to buy two cards in that case?

Is it possible to purchase the coffee card before getting on the ship? I'd like to get it for DH as a part of a surprise for his birthday which is a few weeks before our cruise. Thanks>Kade

Archived