Laptop going through security scanner?

C&F

I recently got a laptop and will be bringing it along on the CB tomorrow. Does it go through the scanner at the port? Can this damage it in anyway? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Freddie

I recently got a laptop and will be bringing it along on the CB tomorrow. Does it go through the scanner at the port? Can this damage it in anyway? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Freddie

Yes, it must go thru the scanner or it does not go with you to the gate

You will have to take the laptop out of the case and put it in one of the baskets before it can go through the scanner. Please be very careful here, as many many many (etc) walk off without their computer everyday.

Jan

You need to do this at the airports, but when we boarded a Princess ship in Fort Lauderdale, did not have to take the laptop out.

If your laptop is in a sleeve, as opposed to a laptop shoulder bag, it can go through the scanner IN the sleeve in a bin by itself.

Shoulder bags have zippers and pockets, which is why the laptop has to be removed and put through separately. Those extras impede visibility of the computer.

Just put you power cord, mouse, etc. in your carry-on bag.

You need to do this at the airports, but when we boarded a Princess ship in Fort Lauderdale, did not have to take the laptop out.

I presume Ft. Lauderdale does it differently, because we also didn't have to take it out before boarding either the Ruby or the Pacific.

Thanks in advance,

Freddie

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Beautiful day to embark on. :D

Archived