Children's Tuxedos

mzche1999

Hi All,

We are so close to our cruise with the boys! I really want to dress my 6 and 3 year old in tuxedos for formal night. Has anyone had any experience purchasing from Ebay? I see some for $32.99 with free shipping. Any advice would be great!

Hugs,

Chelle

Hi All,

We are so close to our cruise with the boys! I really want to dress my 6 and 3 year old in tuxedos for formal night. Has anyone had any experience purchasing from Ebay? I see some for $32.99 with free shipping. Any advice would be great!

Hugs,

Chelle

Too bad...I just sold one on Ebay boys size 3! I'm sure most on there are OK. Just check the measurements before buying :)

I bought my son one on Ebay and I was very pleased. Some of the measurements seemed a bit off, the sleeves on the shirt were way too long, but the jacket was just right. The jacket fit perfectly across the waist, but the pants waist was big. No matter, he looked adorable and got quite a bit of attention! I say go for it!

Oh, and I won the auction late on a Wednesday night and had the tux on Saturday, despite it being shipped from Los Angeles to Maryland. They shipped Priority USPS.

DSCN2480.JPG

I plan to buy my little guy a tux on eBay. Our cruise isn't until September, so I was waiting until next month to buy it in case he has a growth spurt.

Will you let me know how your purchase goes? I'm sure it will be fine!

3 and 6 year olds DON'T need a tux!!! Whatever they'd wear to church would be fine...and certainly more "age appropriate"! (especially the 3 yo!!!)

No one NEEDS a tux. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to wear one and look absolutely adorable in it. My 4 YO GS loved wearing his with his grandpa. He called it his "wedding suit" and "wedding shoes". The second time when we went to put them on him he said, "but I already wore my wedding suit!". Like, how many times can a guy get married. He was very proud to wear it though. It made him feel special.

I purchased a tux for my 12 year old and also my 2 year old grandson off of ebay. Just check the measurements before you buy and you should be fine. After I ordered the tux for the 2 year old I saw a "captain" suit that was so cute I couldn't pass it up so I bought that one too. We got so many compliments on his suit. It was so much fun!

My kids have used the ebay tuxes (see my avatar). For our purposes, they have worked very well. My only caution would be to examine the buttons and make sure they aren't coming undone - we've had a few instances of having the buttons fall off.

I bought my son one on Ebay and I was very pleased. Some of the measurements seemed a bit off, the sleeves on the shirt were way too long, but the jacket was just right. The jacket fit perfectly across the waist, but the pants waist was big. No matter, he looked adorable and got quite a bit of attention! I say go for it!

Oh, and I won the auction late on a Wednesday night and had the tux on Saturday, despite it being shipped from Los Angeles to Maryland. They shipped Priority USPS.

DSCN2480.JPG

Your dude is so gorgeous!! If I were not sold on getting one before, I AM NOW! Too cute!

Hugs,

Chelle

My kids have used the ebay tuxes (see my avatar). For our purposes, they have worked very well. My only caution would be to examine the buttons and make sure they aren't coming undone - we've had a few instances of having the buttons fall off.

Thanks for the advice! Your guys are so handsome!!

Hugs,

Chelle

We have gotten really good deals at Consignment Sales before. I have never put DS in a tux, but a really cute dress up outfits, with vests, ties, dress shoes, etc.

Here is one, where I think I paid $7 for the outfit and probably a couple of dollars for the shoes.

scan0007.jpg

Oops, sorry so small. I shrunk it before in photobucket and don't know how to make it bigger again.

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning on buying a tux for our 3 year old son since we are going on 2 cruises in the next few months and I figured that a tux would look better on both cruises than having him wear the same suit and tie over and over again.

I might also get him a pair of dress pants, with a shirt and a vest for Christmas and use that for the cruise next year too for some variation.

I love to dress up and look forward to formal night with my family.

3 and 6 year olds DON'T need a tux!!! Whatever they'd wear to church would be fine...and certainly more "age appropriate"! (especially the 3 yo!!!)

Of course they don't need one, but the OP said she would like to buy one, and asked about doing so on Ebay.

OP: I'm sure your children will be adorable!

I don't plan on purchasing tuxes for my DS's, I'm just going to rent them thru the cruiseline. My oldest is 13 now (will be 14 when we cruise) and taller than me!! He's got a very skinny waist and long legs, so trying to buy something for him is just impossible! I'll take him to get measured and then order the right size thru RCI. Now if I can just convince my husband to do the same, then I'll be a happy camper!! I love to dress up for formal night and love it when my men look so dapper in tuxes!:)

There were two toddlers at the next table on our last cruise - maybe 3 and 4. They wore adorable tuxes on formal night and couldn't have been cuter. I just didn't understand why they were in late seating as the younger one fell asleep in his mom's lap every night and the older one had a meltdown about 1/2 hr. into formal night dinner and the dad had to take him out of the dining room, so they both missed dinner.

Admittedly, toddlers don't NEED to wear tuxes but they sure do make the family portrait.

There were two toddlers at the next table on our last cruise - maybe 3 and 4. They wore adorable tuxes on formal night and couldn't have been cuter. I just didn't understand why they were in late seating as the younger one fell asleep in his mom's lap every night and the older one had a meltdown about 1/2 hr. into formal night dinner and the dad had to take him out of the dining room, so they both missed dinner.

Admittedly, toddlers don't NEED to wear tuxes but they sure do make the family portrait.

I'm really looking forward to formal dining with my son who will have just turned 2 when we cruise. We'll hopefully both be wearing a tuxedo so a fantastic portrait opportunity!

I just bought one for my son who is 7 months off e-bay. It came and is very good quality. I paid $14.99 and it comes with jacket, shirt, vest, bow tie, pants. Very nice quality. I got it a few days after ordering as well!

I bought size L (12-18mo). We have 2 cruises booked this year so I wanted it big enough to wear a few times. We are planning a family portrait and my father has his own tux so it will be adorable to have grandfather, grandson pics in tuxes (now only if I could get my hubby to get one all the men would have one).

And no, my son doesnt NEED a tux but he surely will look adorable in it and when he outgrows it, I will sell it to a consignment shop or on ebay so to us, its well worth the investment!!!!! The pictures will be priceless.

We cruised last Summer (Me and my 12 year old son) For the one "formal" night, I had purchased my son a pair of perma pressed walking shorts in white that I paired up with a white shirt and blue tie. He had a dark blue blazer and matching kneesox and it looked great and fit it fine..

My little guy is 6 and on his third tux. He got his first one when he was 3, and we were going on our first cruise. I find that tuxes for little boys are very cheap, usually cheaper than suits! I usually get mine off of Amazon. Generally they sell these cheaply because they are for weddings, so you can get some nice all-inclusive deals if you don't care that the tux is made of polyester. Frankly, the way my son eats sometimes, I'm *glad* it's polyester, because it's easier to clean!

The one thing that can be expensive is the shoes. You have to buy some really nice black shoes to go with the tux. But often if you time it right, you can get some cheap ones at Payless. They don't have to be an expensive brand, since they're worn for such a little time, and your boy will be at the dinner table most of the time he is wearing the tux where he will be (hopefully) sitting down. ;)

I bought tuxes off of ebay in the spring for my boys (5 & 7) for our cruise. They looked soooo cute! And it was great for pictures. They felt so grown up & loved wearing them!

I paid $15 for each & the quality was fine. Complete outfit too. I think I bought shoes at Marshalls for like $10 - nice lace up black dress shoes.

You didn't say when your cruise is, but have fun!!!

1734858913_Cruise015.jpg.cb549dc6093770ddcd06492977ea9f19.jpg

I too love children in Tux's. It is too cute. My son wore a tux at my sister's wedding when he was 7. He looked fantastic. I wish this were an option.

My son is now 10 & absolutely hates to dress up. We are cruising on Carnival's Spirit on Oct 10th and I think I've come up with an alternative to buying him "dress up" clothes he will never wear again.

A friend of his (the parents are also friends of ours) is the same size as him & he is going to lend my son some clothes for the casual dinner evenings.

I'm also going to head to the consignment stores &/or Valu Village over the next month or so to see about getting a shirt / jacket / slacks appropriate for the 2 dress up dinners. Getting him into this for the 2 dinners is going to be painful to say the least.

Wish me luck. I want him to look good for pictures & not eating with us is not an option. :rolleyes:

Archived