Bad News For Me

JrMafia90

I will be missing my Carnival Liberty Europe Sailing on August 1. Because my baby brother jus graduated from Harvard last year. ANd he didn't tell anybody but a lady in one of his classes he is engaged with. He just came back home. And he told us the news. So my wife and I and our children will be canceling our Europe cruise (I was looking forward to it, especially the suite) and we will be going ona an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Valor August 28. My wife said she will make up for it, and I will be getting a special x-mas gift to an exoitc destination. I don't know where the wedding will be held all I know is on an Island. So I will find out on x-mas. The wedding is August 3,2005.

Sorry, I mean 2005, I changed it. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, who ever is going on this cruise please take lots of pictures for me when cruising up and down Southern Italy and in Messina. Since this is where my family is from you can see the cruise ships pass by.

i wouldn't pout to much, jrmafia. i know that whenever i promise my dh that i'll "make it up" to him, he's smiling for months! all things happen for a reason & you just might be in for an extra special treat! :p

This is true. I always say thing happen for a reason.

I will be missing my Carnival Liberty Europe Sailing on August 1. Because my baby brother jus graduated from Harvard last year. ANd he didn't tell anybody but a lady in one of his classes he is engaged with. He just came back home. And he told us the news. So my wife and I and our children will be canceling our Europe cruise (I was looking forward to it, especially the suite) and we will be going ona an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Valor August 28. My wife said she will make up for it, and I will be getting a special x-mas gift to an exoitc destination. I don't know where the wedding will be held all I know is on an Island. So I will find out on x-mas. The wedding is August 3,2005.

Ahhhh, sure thing.

Well that blows!! Sorry to hear it! But how did he get away with not telling anyone he graduated? And how did only one girl in his class know about it? I'm confused, but that is nothing new, LOL... I hope you get a great Christmas present!!!!

Most people consult family on good dates for a wedding, unless it is a "need to get married" situation....but it is too far out for that--right?....how inconsiderate...expect more to come in the years ahead.

If one of my sibblings surprised me by planning a wedding during my Liberty transatlantic crossing they would have to change the date. Otherwise, I'd have to tell them how sorry I feel about having to miss it:) They would consult me before planning a date, as most want you to be a part of it.

Well that blows!! Sorry to hear it! But how did he get away with not telling anyone he graduated? And how did only one girl in his class know about it? I'm confused, but that is nothing new, LOL... I hope you get a great Christmas present!!!!

We knew he graduated and we knew he was seeing her. But we didn't know they were engaged. And I think he told my mom but he wanted to wait until he came back to tell everybody.

This might be the most confusing post I've ever read....

do you have a suite on 8/1 liberty???? sorry to hear about your bad news but, i've been trying so hard to upgrade to a suite--if you are going to cancel can you let me know so we can try to get your suite! i would soooo greatly appreciate it--we are traveling with a 7 yr that will celebrate her b-day and a 1.5 yr old and could use the extra space right now we have a guar balcony.

thank you

karen

smorowski@excite.com

do you have a suite on 8/1 liberty???? sorry to hear about your bad news but, i've been trying so hard to upgrade to a suite--if you are going to cancel can you let me know so we can try to get your suite! i would soooo greatly appreciate it--we are traveling with a 7 yr that will celebrate her b-day and a 1.5 yr old and could use the extra space right now we have a guar balcony.

thank you

karen

smorowski@excite.com

What a lucky 7 year old. Yes we have a suite on the Liberty saling, actually we cancelled on Sunday morning (that I know of) unless my wife canceled on Saturday. But I'm pretty sure it was on Sunday.

We had a cruise planned for February and I got a call from my Brother that my neice was graduating from college and they were throwing a party for her but I already had the cruise planned. I did not even know she was attending college. I asked my brother over the phone "What college did she go to?". He said "Yale". "WHAT COLLEGE DID SHE GO TO?" I shouted back.

We knew he graduated and we knew he was seeing her. But we didn't know they were engaged. And I think he told my mom but he wanted to wait until he came back to tell everybody.

Okay, sorry I was confused.... When you said "Because my baby brother jus graduated from Harvard last year. ANd he didn't tell anybody but a lady in one of his classes he is engaged with. He just came back home. And he told us the news."

It sounded like your baby brother graduated, but didn't tell anyone but a lady he is engaged with... I guess the big news is that he is engaged? Okay, got it now. Hope you get a good Christmas surprise and congrats to your brother!

We had a cruise planned for February and I got a call from my Brother that my neice was graduating from college and they were throwing a party for her but I already had the cruise planned. I did not even know she was attending college. I asked my brother over the phone "What college did she go to?". He said "Yale". "WHAT COLLEGE DID SHE GO TO?" I shouted back.

LOL

Good tale - and assuming some of it is factual, I would e-mail my congratulations from the internet cafe on the ship... without a doubt :cool:

Tom

I mean I don't believe a word of your post.

Why would you doubt that?

Anyone who has a family knows these crazy things happen. That is why I moved 500 miles away from mine...to keep the insanity far away. :D

mafia...pay no attention to the conspiracy posters. :rolleyes: Go to the wedding like a good brother and book another cruise. :D Make sure while at the wedding , you drink a weeks worth of sail and Sign charges!!! :D

Then a) why comment? and b) why would someone make up something like that? If I'm going to make something up, I'll at least make it a good story... not sure what motive anyone would have for making something like that up :confused: Aside from that, I'm not sure what someone's motive would be to post "I don't believe a word of your post"... maybe something between these two that we are missing?

Take a look at how the post is written. His little brother graduated from Harvard yet the OP can't put a complete sentence together? That is why I doubt the truthfulness of the post.

Take a look at how the post is written. His little brother graduated from Harvard yet the OP can't put a complete sentence together? That is why I doubt the truthfulness of the post.

What does his brother graduating from Harvard have to do with his post? :confused: FTLOG!!!! Not everyone on these boards proofs everything they post, which is why there is a guideline that states NOT to correct people about it. I am still clueless as to why you think that just because one person in a family graduates from Harvard, that makes the entire family perfect? Insane...

Archived