Truthiness on the Maasdam (by tomc)

tomc

I got my final statement today and it says:

"Complimentary nighttime chocolates: $.01 each."

"Printing and distribution of final statement: $.25"

"Disembarkation fee: $1.00"

"Final P.A. announcements fee: $.25"

These cutbacks and extra fees are getting out of hand.

I got my final statement today and it says:

"Complimentary nighttime chocolates: $.01 each."

"Printing and distribution of final statement: $.25"

"Disembarkation fee: $1.00"

"Final P.A. announcements fee: $.25"

These cutbacks and extra fees are getting out of hand.

Don't give them any ideas!!!! :D

Tom, has HAL not advised the passengers that each cabin will only be allotted one roll of toilet paper per person per week. If the event of the Norwalk Virus, extra rolls can be obtained from your cabin steward at a "discounted" rate. HAL has also discontinued laundry services. So, you can either sleep in the same sheets for the length of your cruise and continue to use your one facecloth and bath towel (hand towels have also been discontinued as HAL feels you can dry your hands on the bath towel). Or, you can do your own Dam laundry in the coin operated laundry room. As you guessed, HAL has also put up the price for the washers and dryers. For those of you lucky enough to have a balcony suite, you can dry your clothes on the balcony on the new HAL retractable clothlines. Beware of having your unmentionables blow away with high winds.

I have found a major cutback just before we docked.

While waiting for the elevator (there's only one, remember; they sold the rest), I was looking at the deck plan.

The company removed Deck 13. Look for yourselves: Deck 12 is the Sports Deck and Deck 14 is the Sky Deck.

They took out an entire deck from the Maasdam!

They took out an entire deck from the Maasdam!

Maybe that's why you had a roommate - they were doubling up on other decks because the original cabin was now gone, pffft! Wow, that's a cutback!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I was something like the first or second pax off the ship when it docked. I had the expedited debarkation "carry your own [blank] bags and get the [blank] off our [blank] ship" form in hand.

"We read your thread on CC. You don't like it here? Maybe you should have been on the Oceanos and drowned like a rat."

Also, I couldn't stick around because I had to catch a train (no, it wasn't falling) and then a bus. Ten-hour trip back home if I made the connections.

RuthC was there, taking a tour of the ship and passed by my cabin but, alas, I was long on the train when she knocketh on my door begging for my nighttime chocolates. Tough luck, Ruth.

RuthC was there, taking a tour of the ship and passed by my cabin but, alas, I was long on the train when she knocketh on my door begging for my nighttime chocolates. Tough luck, Ruth.

I even checked at the Front Desk to see if, perchance, you had left them there for me. Alas, you had not. :(

Should I expect them in the mail? :D

I even checked at the Front Desk to see if, perchance, you had left them there for me. Alas, you had not. :(

Should I expect them in the mail? :D

Ruth,

Is the rumor true that you actually check the Giddeon to see if previous PAX have left you any yummy, succulent, foil-wrapped, Logo-impressed, soothing, sweet, satisfying delights ? ? ? :confused:

{Above adjectives from the personal recollections of the poster ;) }

r.

Ruth,

Is the rumor true that you actually check the Giddeon to see if previous PAX have left you any yummy, succulent, foil-wrapped, Logo-impressed, soothing, sweet, satisfying delights ? ? ? :confused:

Not quite. Frequently, I'm given offerings of pillow chocolates (and other types) directly by other passengers.

Some leave baggies of them in the mailbox by my cabin. Others bring boxes to the Cruise Critic gatherings. Still others gift me at the dinner table.

There are many altars at which to worshop the chocolate goddess. :D

In other words, I don't have to go looking.

Not quite. Frequently, I'm given offerings of pillow chocolates (and other types) directly by other passengers.

Some leave baggies of them in the mailbox by my cabin. Others bring boxes to the Cruise Critic gatherings. Still others gift me at the dinner table.

There are many altars at which to worshop the chocolate goddess.

In other words, I don't have to go looking.

Ruth,

Perhaps the Rev. will join me in an "AMEN !"

r. ;)

I suspect I'll be stoned for this, or at least tarred and feathered, but unless they've vastly improved the quality, I just don't like HAL's pillow chocolates. First of all, they are milk chocolate... bleah, and they are waxy and tasteless. Now, lest you think I'm not a chocoholic, let me assure you I am that and more. I make my own chocolates, I worked in a fine candy store years ago, and I'd walk barefoot across fire for quality DARK chocolate. My last HAL cruise was 3 or so years ago, so please tell me they are now using a quality Dutch chocolate and not the crud they have bestowed in the past....

I'll be hiding under my bed. 85% Valrhona in hand....

Ruth,

Perhaps the Rev. will join me in an "AMEN !"

r. ;)

Join you in an Amen??? Bub, I'm the CARDINAL PRIEST of the Chocolate Goddess Cult ... being the one who so-named her, I get the title! :D Warning. If you ever have the joy of cruising with her chocolateness, be advised that offerings must be made to assuage her wrath <snicker>. If well-assuaged, she will even grace one with "Let Me Entertain You." ;)

I suspect I'll be stoned for this, or at least tarred and feathered, but unless they've vastly improved the quality, I just don't like HAL's pillow chocolates. First of all, they are milk chocolate... bleah, and they are waxy and tasteless. Now, lest you think I'm not a chocoholic, let me assure you I am that and more. I make my own chocolates, I worked in a fine candy store years ago, and I'd walk barefoot across fire for quality DARK chocolate. My last HAL cruise was 3 or so years ago, so please tell me they are now using a quality Dutch chocolate and not the crud they have bestowed in the past....

I'm so with you -- though I feel like a lone voice in the wilderness :) We save our HAL pillow chocolates and give them to our tablemates. With all the food available, I am NOT wasting calories on insipid milk chocolate.

I too am running for cover :D

Join you in an Amen??? Bub, I'm the CARDINAL PRIEST of the Chocolate Goddess Cult ... being the one who so-named her, I get the title! Warning. If you ever have the joy of cruising with her chocolateness, be advised that offerings must be made to assuage her wrath <snicker>. If well-assuaged, she will even grace one with "Let Me Entertain You." ;)

And here I'm only a lowly Chancellor :o (but I love the form of address for Chancellors)

I do buy my Powerball every week in the oft-chance I'll soon be able to afford one of her longer cruises (someday my Prinsendam will come) and, of course, appropriate tribute. I am planning a very special offering for our first encounter. I have private access to a very small regional Chocolate factory that has yet to garner the fame they deserve. Yet, those in the know will have no other. :cool: So hopefully, I will be able to present her with an unknown treat. She deserves proper homage ! :rolleyes:

Has anyone gotten the Defibrillator for Ruth yet ?????

And here I'm only a lowly Chancellor :o (but I love the form of address for Chancellors)

I do buy my Powerball every week in the oft-chance I'll soon be able to afford one of her longer cruises (someday my Prinsendam will come) and, of course, appropriate tribute. I am planning a very special offering for our first encounter. I have private access to a very small regional Chocolate factory that has yet to garner the fame they deserve. Yet, those in the know will have no other. :cool: So hopefully, I will be able to present her with an unknown treat. She deserves proper homage ! :rolleyes:

Has anyone gotten the Defibrillator for Ruth yet ?????

Im a chocoaholic tooo so feel free to get some extrs for me!! Dark, milk, doesn't matter, it's CHOCOLATE!!:D

To tom I LOVEEEEEEEE both the Daily Show and the Colbert Report so loved this thread. I think both Stewart and Colbert are so intellient comedy wise just as you are :D

Oh, my; you are comparing me to the best in the business.

I wish CC had a "Best of" as Craigs List does. :cool:

It functions solely by flagging by users. Once a posting has sufficient votes, the posting gets a place of honor on the Best Of List.

Check it out : : : http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/all/ Nothing but enjoyment and disbelief await.

That would make up the best reading on this site and you would probably be the most quoted CC'er on it ! :D

Perhaps I should pass this on to some host or other Power That B as a solid suggestion. :rolleyes:

When you're matched with Stewart or Colbert,

The fame is more than you can bear.

I'd deny it a lot,

But humble I'm not.

Still, I'll never live up to that pair.

Rebuttal:

Fair is the Pair

Opinion I Share

Tom - C has the Wit

His postings a hit

So, "Best Of CC" he should dare !

Extra points:

Ruth -C of HAL fame

For Chocolate would maim

Her friends give her much

Both British & Dutch

Yet her cravings remain all the same

r.

PS: The Grin emoticon IS Green :p

Very good, Tamaracboy. :) I've always known that tomc writes good limericks, but now I find we have another.

A competition in the works? Let the games begin! :D

Ruth,

Thanks for the Ego boost ;)

Tom-C and Reuel-E a contest began

With rhyme and wit the stuff hit the fan

Ruth by her chocolates the entrees did judge

"I'm better", "you're not", no one would budge

"Peace" said The Rev "Each one is Best Man"

See what you (might) have started :eek:

r.

PS: I could never compete with Tom-C

I don't compete. I just make up limericks of questionable literary value and doubtful lasting qualities.

There once was a girl from Warwick

Who kept her chocolates in a something that rhymes with -ick.

She ate one a day,

To her GODiva she would pray,

That someone would mail her his two weeks of chocoliks.

Archived