Do I have to pay for tea/coffee and juice too ?

uvasag

I just found out that we have to pay for the soda on the ship. I was honestly surprised because I've read so much about how much food they provide on the cruise. I have 2 small kids who love to drink juice with their meals or when they are thirsty. Will I be paying for the juices too ? Also, what about tea, coffee ? Any suggestions to be frugal about it ? Thanks so much.

You don't have to pay for tea or coffee. No charge for juice from the lido or with breakfast. I'm not sure about juice in the dining room for lunch or dinner.

Thank you for your reply. What about in the middle of the day ? I mean if we are not lunching or dining but want a glass of juice can I go to Lido and ask for it ?

You do not say which cruise line you are on, sokeep in mind each line sets their own policies. You may want to ask in the area for the line you are sailing with.That said, n Princess juice is free during breakfast at the buffet and in the dining room. Milk is free with all meals. Coffee and tea (hot and iced) are free 24 hours at the buffet. Lemonade is free with lunch at the buffet and in the dining room. Water is free.

Thank you for the replies. I posted a new msg on Carnival Cruise Lines msg board as that is the cruise I'm sailing with. I should have mentioned that in my original post, I apologize. I do appreciate the prompt replies and all the help. Thank you very much.

Thank you for the replies. I posted a new msg on Carnival Cruise Lines msg board as that is the cruise I'm sailing with. I should have mentioned that in my original post, I apologize. I do appreciate the prompt replies and all the help. Thank you very much.

On Carnival, there are free juices in the morning from the dining room and the Lido machines. In the afternoon the OJ, etc., is removed from the Lido, but there is lemonade available 24 hours a day. You can also get some juices from room service 24 hours a day (with a small tip). Or you can buy just about any of them from a bar at any time.

On Carnival, there are free juices in the morning from the dining room and the Lido machines. In the afternoon the OJ, etc., is removed from the Lido,

The juice is never removed, just the sign that indicates which container is which juice. Just remember which container it is that you want and you can keep refilling your glass throughout the day. I usually bring alcohol on board with me and I order one of the "Drink of the Day's" and use that glass for the remainder of the cruise and fill it with my alcohol and fruit punch or OJ from the Lido machines.

Tea/Coffee I know are free during dinner just ask your waitstaff.

I just sailed Carnival - I took along a reusable plastic water bottle and would fill it with juice in the morning and refrigerate it in my cabin. Allowed me to have it later without the wait of room service or being charged at a bar.

We did carry on cranberry juice and a 12 pack of soda as well, no questions asked as you are allowed a "reasonable" quantity.

Ally

I just found out that we have to pay for the soda on the ship. I was honestly surprised because I've read so much about how much food they provide on the cruise. I have 2 small kids who love to drink juice with their meals or when they are thirsty. Will I be paying for the juices too ? Also, what about tea, coffee ? Any suggestions to be frugal about it ? Thanks so much.

No charge for juices tea or coffee. Most ppl bring along a small quantity of their favourite soda in their luggage.

Thank you everybody for the replies especially aplmac with the image. I'll keep an eye for the dispenser lol. If somebody from the staff sees me using it will they object ? Maybe it's there but for use only in the mornings.

If somebody from the staff sees me using it will they object ? Maybe it's there but for use only in the mornings.
It's there for public use 24/7. Everyone uses it, constantly!

LidoLemonade-557.jpg

As you can see from the picture it also serves to dispense coffee, I'm pretty sure

(I'm not a coffee drinker,sorry...so I'm not too sure about that

but I do see big ole coffee pots standing there!)

Soon enough, you'll figure out how and by who this beverage station is used!

The juice is never removed, just the sign that indicates which container is which juice. Just remember which container it is that you want and you can keep refilling your glass throughout the day. I usually bring alcohol on board with me and I order one of the "Drink of the Day's" and use that glass for the remainder of the cruise and fill it with my alcohol and fruit punch or OJ from the Lido machines.

Tea/Coffee I know are free during dinner just ask your waitstaff.

That's not true, maybe they don't ALWAYS remove them, but I have personally seen them take out the OJ and guava-passionfruit tanks and replace them with iced tea, so you can't say they NEVER take them out.

You can also get tea and coffee served using room service.

For your kids-- you can get chocalate milk in the dining room, lido deck buffet or room service.

It's almost like you read my mind. My next question was if they serve chocolate milk to kids. Thank you everybody for all your help.

Choc milk comes in those half pint cartons-- check the date and do the smell thing.

We took powdered strawberry mix to giv up some variety.

Mix the iced tea with lemonade so the kids dont put a lot of sugar in there-- its non sweetened tea.

Archived