Ever book a cabin at the very front of the ship?

We have been a a few cruises and neve been sea sick, But leaving out of Cape Liberty with the high seas and winds, made us say we will never have a cabin up front again! not only did it pitch and roll we had the slaming of the anchor for 2 1/2 days going. Our cabin attendant told us it happens when rough seas. We had a bal cabin if that matters.

Once the weather was calm no problems.

We just had a very forward balcony room on deck 7 of AOS and I was so paranoid as I have a very sensitive stomach. I didn't feel nausous at all. felt a little movement at night but that actually helped me sleep like a log. I also loved the exercise. I didnt gain an ounce from all the extra walking and not taking the elevator. I will definitely go that route again.

Never been at the absolute front.

On our first cruise on Enchantment we were in the third cabin back on the Starboard side (OS 8522). When we hit rough seas there was definitely more movement (pitch) than in our relatives' cabins which were low and midships or slightly aft of midships. We were very close to the extension of the bridge on the Starboard side (flying bridge?) which was fun to watch when moving into and out of ports. We enjoyed it so much that we booked the fifth cabin back last summer (GS 8532) and had our same cabin steward that we adored from the previous summer.

Motion doesn't bother me, so front cabins have all been fine. You hear and/or feel the bow thrusters at times, and possibly the anchor...but those don't last very long.

Best thing is to just enjoy the motion...that's the fun of being at sea.

• 2 weeks later...
My second cruise was aboard the Grandeur in cabin 8000, very front....never again in the front of a ship! My first cruise was deck 10 mid-ship, and I enjoyed the left/right motion of the ship, but the up/down motion in the front was not pleasant for me.

We had 8006 on Grandeur once and I remember hearing the slapping of the waves and also the drawers and doors of the closet would open and close with the motion....spooky:eek:.

Yes. And yes, we felt lots of movement - even in very calm seas - and balcony wasn't really usable unless we were in port (way too windy). We weren't able to spend too much time in our cabin other than to sleep - otherwise we'd start to feel queasy. I should also mention that we are boaters and spend all summer living on our boat and have never had a problem with motion sickness (yes, I know the "ship" is bigger :rolleyes:). Everyone has their preferences, but I wouldn't take a free suite on the front of a ship :D

I had an inside cabin in the very front of The Sovereign of the Seas on my first cruise. It was really stormy the first night and our closet door kept falling open then closing and stuff fell off the counter, but I kind of felt like it was an adverture. I usually get sick on things like roller coasters so I was nervous, but I was FINE! It actually is one of my fondest memories now aabout our first cruise when we look back at it. Anyway, other than that it was fine. It seems like I do remember hearing the anchor but we were on one of the lower floors (not sure if that makes any difference).

Julie

Archived