Pets at Sea?????

Hello, I think the Pets at Sea is just exactly what ahornb said, kinda like a "Build a Bear". When I just went on the Adventure of the Seas, they had this big huge thing in the Promenade, that looked like a huge bubble gum machine. But instead it had fluffy cotton in it. You got to choose an animal and fill it with the cotton. Then choose an outfit for it. I saw a few kids making them, they were really cute. So I wonder if they are going to have a room to make them in on Oasis? They had to put everything under a table while the kids made them, so I could see why they would want a room to make them. Hmm, wonder if that is what the "Pets at Sea" is?

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Freedom this past Sunday and they did have it on board. DD wanted to make a monkey and I will mention why in my review whenever I get around to doing it but anyhow, she waited too long and decided to do it on the last sea day and by then the black monkeys were all gone. Oh well.

I suggest that if anyone wants to create a furry friend that they go early on in the cruise before the inventory runs out.

We just got off the Freedom this past Sunday and they did have it on board. DD wanted to make a monkey and I will mention why in my review whenever I get around to doing it but anyhow, she waited too long and decided to do it on the last sea day and by then the black monkeys were all gone. Oh well.

I suggest that if anyone wants to create a furry friend that they go early on in the cruise before the inventory runs out.

Did you have to pay extra for it? If so, how much?

• 6 years later...

Like others said, it is in Adventure Ocean but generally at set times only. You will see the times in the AO cruise compass. We never went to check it out to see if it was the same experience as it had been previously on the Oasis and Allure.

That's just plain sneaky. It's as bad as grocery stores putting the candy in the checkout lanes! :eek:

... and effective as well! I am sure they are getting lots more business this way, at a fraction of the real estate. Almost every time I dropped my 4 year old off, he would ask for one (I never gave in; he has plenty of stuffed animals already :p )

On the Allure, Pets at Sea is located on the Boardwalk. We stopped in one night to see what it was about and the clerk was quite bored. She said no one had been in for awhile so we chatted with her. It was the end of the cruise and inventory was pretty low. Depending upon the size of the animal and the clothing you choose for the animal, it can run about $35 or so. I thought that was a little pricey for a stuffed toy, but my kids are grown so perhaps that's the going price nowadays.