Guaranteed room, were you surprised with the outcome.

Not quite the same, but last year booked a D1 balcony on the AOS. A week before sailing, they posted balcony gaurantees for $300 pp less than what I paid, so I changed to the gaurantee and got my original cabin back! Really good deal.

Peter

That's awesome!

Just reading your profile - I've gotta believe your luck will change! Good luck anyways!:)

Thanks :) Now with having the little man around, we can't really books GTY's anyways. They aren't offered with a triple or quad room that I have ever seen.

But I am sure someday we will be booking GTY's again. Gotta love those fares sometimes!

WE booked a GTY JS in April on Majesty for Sept. Got a confirmed in a JS about two weeks later. Once confirmed, I was free to choose any other available JS. I got one in my preferred location and paid around $150.00 pp less than i would have if I booked it now. I'm Happy :)

I've only done it once. We had a room booked and the price would drop about $400 if you selected guarantee (in the same category I was already in). I did it. They put us back in the same room and we saved $400. It was a positive for us!

Carnival has always been a plus in the guaranteed cabins for us...booked an guar inside once and got a ov (not a porthole but full window) this trip booked balc guar and are in an 8c balc room...maybe upgrade depends on how many cruises you have taken with that cruiseline...just a guess

This is the first time we ever purchased a Guaranteed window room, what has been your out come? Has anyone been pleasantly surprised? Believe me we are not excepting anything more that what we paid for. I like to hear some stories.

Thanks Chris

We have been on over 50 cruises - about 40 in assigned cabins and 10 in guarantees. We have always got exactly the guarantee - if it was an outside guarantee, we got the lowest priced outside, same with balcony guarantee. We finally gave up and choose the cabin we want - we do say we are willing to upgrade, but always get exactly the cabin we booked - and we are Diamond Plus. Maybe, someday.

I booked a balcony guarantee on the Navigator last December. I got the

lowest balcony - E2. When I noticed that they gave me this cabin forward

I asked for a cabin change. It wound up being a hump on the deck 7.

Funny, though during the weeks prior to the sailing they did 1 of those

Sales Events and the D1,2 & 3 were cheaper than what I paid for

a guarantee. I tried to get 1 of those but were denied

I still had a good cabin and a great time...

We booked a balcony guarantee and received a category D2.

That was a nice upgrade on the Voyager.

Same thing happened to us. Our very 1st time to book a balcony guarantee after 23 cruises and we got a D1 cat.:D It was on the Voyager:)

I'm also curious about the guarantee thing... we have a OV guarantee for our aug. sailing on the Radiance. I just noticed on our reservation informaion they have us in room 4502 (front to the right) Does anyone know if this could still possibly change or it will stay the same? I'm okay either way... just wondering. :) Also, is anyone familiar with this cabin?

My daughter and I cruise on Carnival a few years ago and I booked an inside G and ended up with a balcony. At check in, they pulled us over to the side and asked us to wait there. I wasn't sure what was going on. We waited about a half hour. I admit I was getting a little aggrevated, but was patient... I didn't know it until we opened the door also and was so excited because I knew this was a big deal. My daughter thought I was nuts dancing around the room! :DSo after that, it's hard to not get my hopes up just a little... but I'm definately not expecting it.

We booked a GTY inside on Legend OTS in Hawaii several years ago. We were upgraded to an outside cabin and we were fortunate enough to be on the side of the ship to view the volcano when passing at night.

I booked a Balcony GTY about six weeks out on Independence OTS 2008 Thanksgiving cruise and were assigned a D-1 stateroom. We were upgraded to the last Owner's suite about two weeks before sailing. I am Diamond Plus with 49+ cruise credits. I have booked Balcony GTY when available since I got to 35 cruise credits. I have gotten two JS and one GS upgrades. I have cruised other lines; however, I am Loyal to Royal.

We did it once a long time ago. We booked an outside guarantee and were given a tiny porthole all the way forward. It was the least desirable cabin in that category.

This is EXACTLY :D what happend to us when we tried gty...I couldn't believe that out of all those cabins, that's the one we drew (deck 2, right up at the bow)...LOL. Of course we dumped it instantly and actually paid MORE to move to a much better located inside. Hey wait a minute - maybe they assign everbody on gty that dumb cabin as a revenue generating tactic ;).

Happy Sails,

Annette

We've done a gty twice. The first time we got exactly the cabin we expected, which was fine. The second time we had a connecting cabin, which we tried to change but was not allowed (NCL). The cabin was fine, it's what we paid for although we didn't save a whole lot of money over choosing our own location. I think about $20 per person.

From then on we've decided to not do guarantees any longer, we'd rather select our cabin and location.

On Princess was booked in an outside GTY and ended up with the largest category OV (no balcony) and were pleased with the assignment. On Carnival was booked in an outside GTY and ended up with an obstructed balcony (saw the top and part of the side of a lifeboat) -- not the best view, but it was fresh, outside air and has now spoiled us! For our upcoming RCI cruise, since we booked so far out, there are no GTY's at this time, so we booked a specific cabin (and got one that we wanted, BTW). I like the cost savings with the GTY bookings, but not sure if I want to do that anymore, as we would NOT be too pleased to have a slanted bulkhead/porthole cabin, but would take it if we were unable to switch. I liked the fact that I could pick nearly any stateroom in our cabin category.

Archived