Guaranteed room, were you surprised with the outcome.

This is the first time we ever purchased a Guaranteed window room, what has been your out come? Has anyone been pleasantly surprised? Believe me we are not excepting anything more that what we paid for. I like to hear some stories.

Thanks Chris

This is the first time we ever purchased a Guaranteed window room, what has been your out come? Has anyone been pleasantly surprised? Believe me we are not excepting anything more that what we paid for. I like to hear some stories.

Thanks Chris

We did it once a long time ago. We booked an outside guarantee and were given a tiny porthole all the way forward. It was the least desirable cabin in that category. We ended up paying more to move to a full window midship.

Lesson learned. Be prepared for the worst and be pleasantly surprised if it is better than what you expected.

Brother paid for a suite gty, and got a JS---for less than the JS would have normally cost.

Sometimes, upgrades do happen, but whatever you do get, it will be for less than the "going" rate, AND, you'll be on a ship cruising!!!!

Done guarantees twice - first was a balcony guarantee on Radiance and we got an E1 on Deck 10 forward which was great and we have an OV guarantee on Serenade which got us a midship G on Deck 4 which we are very happy about. Both were slight upgrades within the category and we paid much less than any cabin in the category - overall a win for us!

I have done a couple and usually get what I expect but sometimes it's an upgrade. First time was a balcony guarantee and got a cabin midship, deck 10. It was nice when we got to the port because when I told the lady directly check-in traffic she sent me over to the suite guest line since we were on deck 10. It was not a suite unfortunately. Another time, I book an inside guarantee on the Explorer and got a promenade room so that was a nice surprise.

Most times booking inside gty I've gotten insides deck 4 or lower...which is fine. Once I got inside one deck below the pool and not too far from the stairs. Score. Even better, one Alaska trip we got deck 4 midship WITH A WINDOW! OK, not a balcony or anything, but we paid a great rate for an inside and got to see the inside passage scenery from our room. We were stoked.

Not quite the same, but last year booked a D1 balcony on the AOS. A week before sailing, they posted balcony gaurantees for $300 pp less than what I paid, so I changed to the gaurantee and got my original cabin back! Really good deal.

Peter

Our last two RC cruises were booked as guarantees. We got a D1 for an E1 Gty on our last cruise and I figured we would probably get up graded as there were not any E1s available when I made that booking. Last year got an deck seven E1 with an extra large balcony for balcony Gty so I was pleased but again E1s were availablity were very good when I made our booking.

We booked a Category C (now a JS) balcony guarantee on Vision in 2002 and ended up in 8088, the portside corner aft with the giant wrap-around balcony. Although it was not an upgrade, it was and is a fabulous cabin.:)

I wouldn't normally book a guarantee because I wouldn't want to be all the way forward, but in this instance there was nothing else available. I'd say it worked out well.

Yes we were...pleasantly. When we switched our regular balcony booking for a balcony guarantee they upgraded us from our original E2 to a D1!:D And we saved almost $300. We will do it again whenever we can. But a balcony or suite guarantee only, never interior...you could end up on deck 2 near the screws with a pea hole window:eek:

When we have booked them, we have gotten what we paid for. Bad location....LOL We have never been given an upgrade. We now only book assigned cabins unless the price is WAY less. When we do that we just assume we will be given a bad location. You get what you pay for...IMO

I am sure there are lucky ducks out there who get upgrades... we just haven't been one of those people yet ;)

we did our first gty (balcony) this past march on Liberty of the seas. we ended up with the very front balcony on deck 6 (D2). I was sooooo worried about this and was tempted to change but DH said lets just try it. WELL, we loved it. The balcony is twice the length of the regular balconies, you only have one neighbor and the side of the balcony is all glass, great view. oh and very little traffic at the front of the ship and just one floor away from promenade. never had to wait for elevator since it was just the one flight. Next trip we have our first aft, it wasn't a gty but it was available and we were curious. but if it wasn't, we would book the front room again.

I'm not sure if it was a kind of upgrade, I was to get a Guaranteed Interior stateroom in Q category, and I got a L category Interior Stateroom on deck "9" (Explorer of the seas) which is not too far from the elevator (5 cabins to the right in the back of the ship) I feel its kind of an upgrade since L is probably better than Q (If they class the type of cabins by letter and A is kind the best suites)

When we have booked them, we have gotten what we paid for. Bad location....LOL We have never been given an upgrade. We now only book assigned cabins unless the price is WAY less. When we do that we just assume we will be given a bad location. You get what you pay for...IMO

I am sure there are lucky ducks out there who get upgrades... we just haven't been one of those people yet ;)

Just reading your profile - I've gotta believe your luck will change! Good luck anyways!:)

We had booked an inside 'run of ship' (any Interior stateroom), and ended up getting a balcony- our first one! We were walking down the hall and noticing our stateroom was on 'that side of the ship' which I thought would be Oceanview. We didn't know it was a balcony until we opened the door! Thanks RCCL! :D

We've done interior and balcony guarantees and have never been disappointed. We are not particular about location so if we are just looking for the lowest possible price, it suits us just fine. We've never been upgraded to another type of cabin but we've gotten good cabins within the category.

I had an interior cabin on deck 9 and switched to an interior guarantee to save $200 per person. We ended up with an interior on deck 9.

Archived