Difference between Emerald, Ruby & Crown?

Embracedbylife

I've cruised the Emerald and am trying to plan a future cruise. Seems like the Ruby and Crown are both the same as the Emerald? Any differences at all?

One is older and one is younger.:D

One is older and one is younger.:D

And one is the middle child.

They're the Marcia, Jan, and Cindy of cruise ships. . . . Do you suppose the Emerald has middle-child syndrome and secretly envies the Crown, her over-achieving, always-does-everything-first big sister?

Although "Crown, Crown, Crown" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" . . .

Thanks everyone! Are there any covered minisuites on these ships?

We've always booked Baja deck balconies, and we are hoping to wait till last minute to book for May 2010 for a sailing to Greece and will take whatever is open at that time. If the price is right we might opt for a mini suite, but prefer at least a half covered balcony. Any minis that are at least half-covered?

The minis on the Emerald deck are covered. The minis on the Dolphin deck are uncovered. No partially covered minis.

And there are not very many of them; they tend to book up fast. I doubt you'll get one if you wait until the last minute to book. Then again, maybe you'll get lucky and someone else will cancel....;)

Thanks for the info! So it'll be a balcony on aloha/baja/caribe versus a suite on Emerald, depending on what is avail! Not really intersted in dolphin exposed balconies as I sunburn very easily and love the baja deck balconies even though they are smaller. I'm anxious to know how it feels down on Emerald deck? Anyone who can compare baja versus emerald deck in terms of view and feel? I love being up high to see everything on baja. But wanting to see what it's like to have a TUB!!! Would be nice to have a bath instead of that small shower if the price is right!

Just off the Crown yesterday, they had wonderful Pub Lunches in the Wheelhouse Bar on Sea Days, any idea if they have them on the Ruby as well??:)

Thanks in anticipation.

Yes, Princess rolled out the pub lunch on Ruby on its inaugural. We attended twice and really enjoyed them.

One other difference is that the Ruby Princess is supposed to have a "new" very technically advanced theater.

Supposedly much more advanced than any other Princess ship.

I believe I read that they have a production show or two designed specifically to take advantage of the technology they added to the Ruby.

At least that's what I heard. I'll be able to find out for myself in just 127 days :)

Archived