can we join captain's table for dinner?

anywhere123

I love Keeping Up Appearances - and that was so funny!!! Remember Hyacinth and Onslow dancing.:D

Yep, and Hyacinth seeing Daisy and Onslow getting out of the canvas covered lifeboat, which she believes means they were stowaways, when they had actually just finished making whoppee in there. They don't seem to show that one very often.

On one recent cruise, there were 196 Elite passengers.

Cut off for the cocktail party (in Skywalkers) was 223 days.

Most traveled passengers:

1st 644 days, 57 cruises

2nd 576 days, 58 cruises

3rd 486 days, 59 cruises

In this inspires you, start booking your future cruises so you can catch up.

Wow! What ship and itinerary?

Even with my cruise days under 200, I've been invited on my last 4 cruises!

This time, 2 people didn't show up at the lunch although they had RSVPed yes. That was too bad because the Captain Circle Hostess said that she would have invited the next 2 people on the list.

I know that the lunch is the "top 40" people but I have heard that when there is a cocktail party, they invite more people.

Does anyone remember that about 20 (? 30 ? :o) years ago anyone sailing in a suite got invited to the Captain's cabin for cocktails?

THAT was memorable!

And I remember exactly where/when that was. It was 1996 on the old Royal Princess. Definitely a different kind of experience.

"If all my sailing had been on Princess I would be in better number than I am. :D Miserable sentence, but you know what I mean. "

Yup - I know what you mean - mine tally up to 2667 days at sea ;)

Working on a ship or serving your country on a ship don't count. :D

And I remember exactly where/when that was. It was 1996 on the old Royal Princess. Definitely a different kind of experience.

Pia

How did you remember that?

I looked back at my personalizer and it was the Crown in 91 or 94. (Were they sister ships?)

I also remember our suite was 2 steps up to the pool and the entry for the pool had a window where you could watch underwater. Does that sound right?

Pia

How did you remember that?

I looked back at my personalizer and it was the Crown in 91 or 94. (Were they sister ships?)

I also remember our suite was 2 steps up to the pool and the entry for the pool had a window where you could watch underwater. Does that sound right?

Karen, that was the cruise where we first met Lorraine and Joe Artz and the hostess, tall statuesque blonde, was also quite memorable. Don't remember the captain, but I sure remember his quarters. :D

Signs of aging are when you can remember old stuff and forget new stuff. So, what did I have for dinner last night? LOL ;)

Never say never! We sailed with Celebrity for the first time last month and one day we were chatting with the Hotel Director (same rank as Captain). We got into a conversation about the Cotswolds where we live in England, lousy English service, cruising in general amongst other things. 30 minutes later we continued on our merry way.

That evening we arrived back to our cabin after dinner to find a formal invitation to the Captains table for the last formal night of the cruise. We just could not believe it! Suffice to say it was a magnificent evening, a true honour and a special memory forever. There were only 3 other couples invited and we received the best service, expensive wines were provided and we felt like royalty sitting facing everyone in the dining room. Indeed, most probably a once in a lifetime experience. Maybe it is not all about days and cruises cruised but a bit of luck too ........:):)

Karen, that was the cruise where we first met Lorraine and Joe Artz and the hostess, tall statuesque blonde, was also quite memorable. Don't remember the captain, but I sure remember his quarters. :D

Signs of aging are when you can remember old stuff and forget new stuff. So, what did I have for dinner last night? LOL ;)

I'm surprised that you remembered the "Statuesque Blonde" and not the Captain.:eek:

Never say never! We sailed with Celebrity for the first time last month and one day we were chatting with the Hotel Director (same rank as Captain). We got into a conversation about the Cotswolds where we live in England, lousy English service, cruising in general amongst other things. 30 minutes later we continued on our merry way.

That evening we arrived back to our cabin after dinner to find a formal invitation to the Captains table for the last formal night of the cruise. We just could not believe it! Suffice to say it was a magnificent evening, a true honour and a special memory forever. There were only 3 other couples invited and we received the best service, expensive wines were provided and we felt like royalty sitting facing everyone in the dining room. Indeed, most probably a once in a lifetime experience. Maybe it is not all about days and cruises cruised but a bit of luck too ........:):)

Celebrity does this regularly Princess does not.

"If all my sailing had been on Princess I would be in better number than I am. :D Miserable sentence, but you know what I mean. "

Yup - I know what you mean - mine tally up to 2667 days at sea ;)

Not Fair:D

This happens frequently on RCI and Celebrity, but afraid it isn't going to happen on Princess. RCI and Celebrity still have the 'captain's table' for those booking the highest suites and others that staff thinks would be able to carry on interesting table conversation, on other cruise lines, but don't count on it happening on a Princess ship I am afraid.

Archived