Renting mats on Cocoa Cay questions....

If I prepay to reserve the floating mats online before going to Cocoa Cay, does the charge go on my credit card immediately, or does it go on my seapass once onboard the ship? Also, will I be able to get my money back if, let's say, it's bad weather, or we decide to do something else?

I'm afraid if wait to reserve them, there won't any left. Do they have plenty available or do you suggest I reserve them ahead of time?

I rent the mats but I also suggest not pre-paying. They never seem to run out. We were there recently and it was overcast and a bit breezy. I did not go onto the ocean and therefore did not need the mat. Had I reserved and paid for one in advance - It would have been a waste.

M

I may be wrong but I think if you schedule an "excursion" even if its just a mat- you can't cancel it that day - only the excursion can cancel.(in that case you get your money back) If you decide not to use one youve reserved you still get charged.

If I prepay to reserve the floating mats online before going to Cocoa Cay, does the charge go on my credit card immediately, or does it go on my seapass once onboard the ship? Also, will I be able to get my money back if, let's say, it's bad weather, or we decide to do something else?

I'm afraid if wait to reserve them, there won't any left. Do they have plenty available or do you suggest I reserve them ahead of time?

I just saw all future crusies on The Monarch are canceled.....some kind of major engine problem:eek:. I guess you'll have to stay home and go to work......:D

When we rented ours ahead of time, it was on the ship (not before the cruise left). The thing is, we never used them because we got so busy w/other things. They had tons of them there and I think if we were going to do it again, I'd wait and rent one once I'm in Cococay. Have a great cruise!

There have always been plenty there, but lately I've been rolling up a couple of foam noodles & putting a big elastic band on them to downsize them so they fit in the bottom of a piece of luggage. When you go to the beach stick the noodles in a beach bag. :) I put the noodle around my back and under my arms and lay back in the water on it.

There have always been plenty there, but lately I've been rolling up a couple of foam noodles & putting a big elastic band on them to downsize them so they fit in the bottom of a piece of luggage. When you go to the beach stick the noodles in a beach bag. :) I put the noodle around my back and under my arms and lay back in the water on it.

We do the same thing, only the cheap mats. I go to the $ store or Walmart, buy the $2 cheap blow up mats, throw them in the suitcase (they take no room since they are flat) and take them along. I even bought a really light hand blow up pump (maybe weighs a few oz) to blow them up. Throw it in the snorkel gear and take it along. Then when done with the mats, throw them in the trash at CocoCay. Saw quite a few people doing the same thing over the 4th when we were there. Water was very colorful with Royal's blue mats and other mats in pink, orange, yellow, green, etc that people brought along themselves.

We do the same thing, only the cheap mats. I go to the $ store or Walmart, buy the $2 cheap blow up mats, throw them in the suitcase (they take no room since they are flat) and take them along. I even bought a really light hand blow up pump (maybe weighs a few oz) to blow them up. Throw it in the snorkel gear and take it along. Then when done with the mats, throw them in the trash at CocoCay. Saw quite a few people doing the same thing over the 4th when we were there. Water was very colorful with Royal's blue mats and other mats in pink, orange, yellow, green, etc that people brought along themselves.

I did the cheap mat ($0.99)thing for Labadee last year, but I had to blow mine up. Thanks for the hand pump idea.

I recommend the spring-mats. They cost about $15, but mine are still going strong after several years. For a cruise, they're the best of all worlds: They're strong enough to hold up an adult, they pack small, and they blow up very fast because only the "edge" actually has air in it.

Archived