And You Know You're Addicted To Sea Dream When?

My nickname at the office? SD sally. And I love every minute I am called this!!! We go August 22nd, and cruising through the Cornith Canal! We will be in Ephueses on my hubbys B-day! I CAN"T WAIT! But I HATE the airline rides over the pond. Oh well, SD will be waiting for us in Venice!

My nickname at the office? SD sally. And I love every minute I am called this!!! We go August 22nd, and cruising through the Cornith Canal! We will be in Ephueses on my hubbys B-day! I CAN"T WAIT! But I HATE the airline rides over the pond. Oh well, SD will be waiting for us in Venice!

Have a ball but don't forget a review for us SeaDream addicts undergoing withdrawl.

Jim.

Sounds like an incredible birthday celebration on the horizon for you DH ... and you too:p

Here's another sign:

You spend a significant amount of time wondering if you give SD an extra thousand bucks if they will buy a king-sized mattress and gerry-rig it in the cabin, with a bridge between the two bed frames, so two giant-sized folks can get a good night's sleep. They could then toss it at the next turn-around.

Here's another sign:

You spend a significant amount of time wondering if you give SD an extra thousand bucks if they will buy a king-sized mattress and gerry-rig it in the cabin, with a bridge between the two bed frames, so two giant-sized folks can get a good night's sleep. They could then toss it at the next turn-around.

Ragnar (by the way - The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged are two of the best books ever written)

have you tried talking to the Commodore (a/k/a James) in Miami? Where there's that much desire, there has to be a solution. Its so rare to hear the words "I'm sorry, we can't do that" on SD. About the only time I've heard them is when the weather forced the Captain to change course.

FT

Does having every dinner menu from all of your SD cruises in a folder along with all of the daily activities flyers count as a sign of addiction?

Being able to find the folders, since they are chronological filed, shows serious signs of SDA (SeaDream Addiction)!

Now I am off to retrieve the files to answer a menu question! (who me ??? addicted to SD???)

you know you are addicted when:

- you spent months creating and painting a mural to cover your entire dining room wall that is 7 x 15 ft showing the BVI and Seadream ...and you are not even an artist.

- your phone has a seadream photo download on the front screen

- your desktop has the TOYB on one screen and the Bali Beds on another

Well, I couldn't stay away forever....and what a good post I must say! I am happy to see all my old friends are still here! I would say THAT is the addiction! Some SD friends paid a visit last weekend...so here we go again. They sail TWICE a year. So, hello, all my friends on the CC board, I'm in again!!! I can't help myself!!!:p I've got alot of posts to read, I am a little behind....SeaDreaming---you can't beat it!!

Well, I couldn't stay away forever....and what a good post I must say! I am happy to see all my old friends are still here! I would say THAT is the addiction! Some SD friends paid a visit last weekend...so here we go again. They sail TWICE a year. So, hello, all my friends on the CC board, I'm in again!!! I can't help myself!!!:p I've got alot of posts to read, I am a little behind....SeaDreaming---you can't beat it!!

glad to see you back again . . . .crossing 2010 . . . hope to see you there too. :)

FT

Welcome back ohmiss!

Part of the addiction includes lurking and/or posting on this part of CC!

Best Luxury Line? Silversea, Seabourn, Crystal, Regent...for this travel writer by a razor's edge--it's Seadream.

http://avidcruiser.posterous.com/the-razors-edge-whos-the-best-luxury-cruise-l

Thanks for sharing the article Colonel! Very interesting read.

Adding another symptom that I displayed over the weekend ...

TIVO-ing or DVR-ing anything that has to do with SD and not deleting them after watching them numerous times.

Man, are we a bunch of SD saps, or what?

How 'bout constantly pointing out to your DH that your champagne glass would never get *this* empty if we were aboard SD 1 or 2.

Talking about our next cruise as if it's already booked (even though it's not and won't be for quite a while :().

Your DH telling you that you smell like a yacht when you wear Bvlgari.

Man, are we a bunch of SD saps, or what?

How 'bout constantly pointing out to your DH that your champagne glass would never get *this* empty if we were aboard SD 1 or 2.

Talking about our next cruise as if it's already booked (even though it's not and won't be for quite a while :().

Your DH telling you that you smell like a yacht when you wear Bvlgari.

DJ's DH tells me I smell like SD too. I don't think he knows the real name ... Bvlgari:p

I still think SD should trademark the "never empty glass of champagne" since it never is . . . and just think of the logos and marketing campaign that could be designed around it . . . . . a

another sign of addiction . . .. the shock you get when you are presented with a check and actually :eek:gasp:eek:asked to pay for the champagne at the end of the night and realize --- this isn't SD!.

. ... thinking about hunting down VolNTitan to make him post his review of his July 4th cruise ala Jim and DisneyJen's "suggestions"

FT

How about when you go out for a girls' night dinner and 90 percent of the conversation is center on past and future SD trips, how many days you have on board SD, how the food and service don't come close to SD ...

And then of course there is the shock of having to sign and pay for drinks and dinner:rolleyes: Thank goodness I have my new Starwood Preferred Card to rack up points!

Besides the aforementioned addictive traits, I also find myself checking the itineraries daily to see if anything new has been added or if the ones booked have gone up/down. I need help.

Jim.

how about not minding if you have to travel on a weekend for work since that gets you a comp day for vacation you can use on SD?

FT

How about staying at one of the premiere landmark hotels in the country and talking during the four-hour ride home how it just didn't stack up to SD even though the per diem was higher than SD?

Among the discussion items were how crowded it was poolside, how you had to almost tackle the waitstaff as the pool for a drink ... and the biggest one for me was how many times I heard "No." As in 'I have to see if we can stuff the olives with blue cheese ... I will have to check with the chef since we have to to stuff them by hand."

Another sign of addiction . . .you click on to this board when you are in the middle of a conference call and start cracking up over DisneyJen's determination to "out" the Seasoned Sailors and then realize the speaker phone is NOT on mute.:eek:

Edited by frequent traveler

Another sign of addiction . . .you click on to this board when you are in the middle of a conference call and start cracking up over DisneyJen's determination to "out" the Seasoned Sailors and then realize the speaker phone is NOT on mute.:eek:

Oh sure ... blame me:p