And You Know You're Addicted To Sea Dream When?

How about staying at one of the premiere landmark hotels in the country and talking during the four-hour ride home how it just didn't stack up to SD even though the per diem was higher than SD?

How about the fact that DJ's parents payed for our stay at the aforementioned landmark hotel...and it STILL didn't come close to SD

I still think SD should trademark the "never empty glass of champagne" since it never is . . . and just think of the logos and marketing campaign that could be designed around it . . . . . a

another sign of addiction . . .. the shock you get when you are presented with a check and actually :eek:gasp:eek:asked to pay for the champagne at the end of the night and realize --- this isn't SD!.

. ... thinking about hunting down VolNTitan to make him post his review of his July 4th cruise ala Jim and DisneyJen's "suggestions"

FT

Where is that sneaky VOLNTITAN??????:cool:

You lose 3 computers in a 2-month period (age' date=' virus, etc.) :( and your wife makes you go buy 2 new ones:mad: just so she can post on CC[/quote']

Let's just say that any thought of a SD cruise in the last two quarters of '09 went out the window with our third computer:eek:

Good news is that DJ's DH is setting up my new netbook which will be the perfect size to take on our Fall '10 crossing!

You lose 3 computers in a 2-month period (age' date=' virus, etc.) :( and your wife makes you go buy 2 new ones:mad: just so she can post on CC[/quote']

I feel your pain. How about when you update the Mac to Snow Leopard just to see if that will make your countdown clock work. :eek: And spend your time thinking of possible new SD itineraries. :D

I feel your pain. How about when you update the Mac to Snow Leopard just to see if that will make your countdown clock work. :eek: And spend your time thinking of possible new SD itineraries. :D

SD really is an addiction:eek:

SD really is an addiction:eek:

how about when you are in a car accident (some idiot's muffler fell off on the interstate and got lodged in my front end) and your first thought, well almost first thought -- is -does this affect my next SD voyage? (final deposit is coming up) . . . and then quickly deciding before the wrecker gets there, no way in he@#!:D

FT

Edited by frequent traveler

how about when you are in a car accident (some idiot's muffler fell off on the interstate and got lodged in my front end) and your first thought, well almost first thought -- is -does this affect my next SD voyage? (final deposit is coming up) . . . and then quickly deciding before the wrecker gets there, no way in he@#!:D

FT

Uh oh ...

That's more than addiction ... perhaps an obsession:p:D:p

We just bought a very large, new custom home in Orange County (CA) but are bummed because it is going to restrict our cruise budget :( Sort of takes the fun out of geting a new house... That is a real indication of addiction.

Poor Ragnar has had his sea-legs clipped. Well, at least for a little while, until Mrs Danneskjold finishes buying up all the furniture in Orange County...

We just bought a very large, new custom home in Orange County (CA) but are bummed because it is going to restrict our cruise budget :( Sort of takes the fun out of geting a new house... That is a real indication of addiction.

Poor Ragnar has had his sea-legs clipped. Well, at least for a little while, until Mrs Danneskjold finishes buying up all the furniture in Orange County...

How about adding a nice piece of Florida waterfront to your property portfolio. Then Lois & I could really go cruising! Promise to send you pictures. :D

I hope that you got a really good price on that house Ragnar and that it isn't in the way of those raging fires!!

As for furniture ... let's just say that DJ's DH and I live in the furniture capital of the world where we are able to secure some of the best deals known to man and woman... just ask Mrs. Ctbjr:D

Now if you were really addicted to SD there would be no way that something as mundane as a house would come between you and your addiction:p:D:p

Ol' Ragnar has his sea-legs back! House failed our geologic inspection and so we bailed out of the deal today (thank goodness for 17-day contingency clauses...).

Mrs. Danneskjold wants to do the Galapagos next. Most likely on Celebrity Xpedition. Too bad Sea Dream doesn't swing by there occasionally.

Any of the lux lines do the Galapagos for a week or so, like as a segment on a longer cruise?

What do you do when you are reading Stephanie Plum and she talks about her boyfriend Ranger always smelling of Bulgari???:D

Actually the first time I read that in the first Plum book I read I asked DJ's DH if he thought Ranger sailed on SD:p

you just smile when the credit card bill comes in with the charge for the final payment in full . . . after all its less than 80 days until you board SD II. :D

FT

Guess I am not as addicted as others since I hide the credit card bill from DJ's DH when the final payment is made. Actually I warn him for about two weeks that I made the final payment

If you had booked the one we are on, it would only be 66 days!:D

J & L.

You are so lucky!!

yes, but if I had booked that one ZQ Vol would not have been able to go! that might have caused some problems on the home front. :rolleyes:

FT

Like you never sail without ZQVOL ... ROFLMAO:p:p

Guess I am not as addicted as others since I hide the credit card bill from DJ's DH when the final payment is made. Actually I warn him for about two weeks that I made the final payment

You are so lucky!!

Like you never sail without ZQVOL ... ROFLMAO:p:p

dont' hurt yourself DJ . . . but only on the crossing -- when he admits he'd go stir crazy never being able to get off the ship for 13 days . . . and there's no single supplement . . . though if there were other times with no single supplement, it could a become much more frequent event!:D

... your iPod contains playlists that are named for different areas of the SD yachts. For instance, TOY Bar and Sunset BB (Bali Bed):D

Last night I played our SD vow renewal playlist after dinner and proceeded to cry (big surprise ... not!).