Night dress?

fv9

We are heading on the Mariner of the Seas on Sunday for the Nick cruise from Long Beach to Mexico. It is our first cruise and it is 24/7 casual. No formal at night (smart casual yes). I am wondering how cold it gets at sea at night? Will we want pants or will nice shorts be sufficient? Also, what sort of temps can we expect during the day? THanks!

I wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt every night because I find the air conditioning in the ship to be just a little to cool and uncomfortable for me. The clothes that I wear are not heavy weight material but I find having my arms and legs covered is just more comfortable.

I can't comment about day time temps as I haven't done any west coast cruising.

I wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt every night because I find the air conditioning in the ship to be just a little to cool and uncomfortable for me. The clothes that I wear are not heavy weight material but I find having my arms and legs covered is just more comfortable.

I can't comment about day time temps as I haven't done any west coast cruising.

Thanks. Anyone else?

It will probably be cold/cool and windy on the first day going down and the last day coming back up the coast. Mexico will probably be warm...but I would bring long pants and a sweatshirt/hoodie if you will be out on deck, those days and evenings. Smart casual is whatever you wear for smart casual. :)

I have never experienced a problem with the temperature in the MDR. Nor has any of our family. Maybe, if anything, a bit on the warm side.

How about that. We are in agreement! I find it especially warm on so-called formal night when I am wearing a jacket. I would never think of taking it off!;)

We are heading on the Mariner of the Seas on Sunday for the Nick cruise from Long Beach to Mexico. It is our first cruise and it is 24/7 casual. No formal at night (smart casual yes). I am wondering how cold it gets at sea at night? Will we want pants or will nice shorts be sufficient? Also, what sort of temps can we expect during the day? THanks!

Might be a little cool on deck the first and last night but other then that you should be fine.

Happy cruising.

First, the Mariner leaves from San Pedro not Long Beach. Dont want you to get on the wrong ship;)

The last sea day coming back up the coast is notoriously windy, cold and rough seas. I have never been in the summer so it might not be quite as cold, but if you plan on being out at night bring a light jacket.

The Nick cruise is a charter so your standard line is totally wrong. As the OP said, there are no formal nights, Nick has set its own suggested dress code and it is casual all week.

Maybe you can offer a suggested attire to go with slime.:rolleyes:

To the OP, I agree with the others that suggest bringing light weight long pants and a sweater or hoodie just in case. On deck at night it can be a little cool and windy.

Have a great cruise! Say hi to Sponge Bob for me!:D

As per RCI web site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do;jsessionid=0000HPZhX-rItqMSt5oky9AUhXz:10ktdmqkf

If you follow the dress code, you won't be wrong.

And per CC's RULES:

The posting of large blocks of text obtained from the Internet, online newspapers, web sites, magazines, etc., defeats the purpose of our Cruise Boards. All of this information is available to everyone online, and doesn't add to the idea of sharing firsthand experiences and cruise advice. Also, the majority of information out there is protected by an author's individual copyright. Therefore, we will remove such information from the message boards. You may LINK via url to the information.

Archived