When To Make Hotel Reservation????

Breezin

:confused:Sailing out of San Diego end of Oct,when would be the best time to reserve our room?We will come in a day early is all,and if anyone has any reccomendations,that would be great.We will be traveling with 2 other couples.Thanks so much,I do appreciate all of your help and advice.DI;)

Usually the earlier you reserve the room the better. I've reserved rooms before we even booked the cruise to get a good rate. You can always cancel the room unless it's a special pay when you book deal. If you're not fussy about which hotel you could use something like Priceline. We usually like to pick our hotels but we've used them for rental cars.

I always book ASAP, just in case a special event or business group takes up all the rooms. You can always cancel with a click of your mouse.

Roz

I always book ASAP, just in case a special event or business group takes up all the rooms. You can always cancel with a click of your mouse.

Roz

Same here.

We will often book our hotel room shortly after booking a cruise. And we tend to book cruises (at least the ones that are 1 or 2 weeks long) at least a year in advance.

There are a number of great places to stay in San Diego, but we like to stay at the Holiday Inn by the Bay, which is literally right across the street from the cruise ship pier.

:confused:Sailing out of San Diego end of Oct,when would be the best time to reserve our room?We will come in a day early is all,and if anyone has any reccomendations,that would be great.We will be traveling with 2 other couples.Thanks so much,I do appreciate all of your help and advice.DI;)

You should have already made the reservation. Call the hotel directly versus a non refundable online fare. The prices are the same if not better anyway. I have always gotten a better deal, lower price, large buffet breakfast etc when I call direct. You can ask pointed questions to the staff as well..cancellation policy, AAAor AArp discounts. If you find a better deal online you can always call them and ask them to match or you can take the online deal and cancel the direct booking.

Personally, I will not book thru an online non refundable booking agent because calling the hotel directly has always worked out better for us.

So do it now because what will happen is that if you wait,you will try to make a reservation and find the hotel booked the closer you get...you may ( or may not ) freak about this and then "think" you will not be able to get a reservation. Not true of course, but you may have to call around...so I would do the reserving now and get it over with. Oh yes, do reconfirm at least twice with the hotel and make sure you get them to send you an email confirmation. If they won't...then tell them to send it snail...you would be surprised what they will try to tell you so just get what you want.

I agree, book early you can always cancel. I do this for hotels and cars rentals alike. For car rentals, expecially during the holiday or peak times, I rent with Dollar, Alamo, Avis or Thrifty and use the coupons from the Entertainment Coupon Book to get the best price. I make reservations at at least two of them, and then cancel the one I don't need a week out. I usually stick with the one that has the car lot in the airport property.

Archived