Freedom of the Seas- Promenade windows open?

No - they can't be opened. I enjoy these rooms but you better plan to watch the parades because you will hear them in your room - noise control factors into why the windows don't open, and don't forget the cruisers in the room across from your room will have an excellent view of your room.

Absolutely not.

The new Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship with internal balconies. There will be Central Park balcony cabins as well as Boardwalk View balcony cabins.

I just can't wait to see what children, teens and inebriated adults do with them. :eek: :rolleyes:

So the promenade cabins don't have the louver side windows? I remember some of the ships with the promenades have louver type side windows. I always wondered how noisy they would be. But since things quiet down late at night doesn't seem that it would be a big problem.

The big problem with Promenade rooms can be that they are small - like in tiny!! not much storage space or turn around space between beds.:)

We had a Promenade cabin last year on the Explorer and it was not tiny. Tiny is the regular outside cabin we had recently on the Monarch. THAT was tiny.

I wouldn't hesitate to have a Promenade cabin again. It was comfortable, light, and very pleasant.

Absolutely not.

The new Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship with internal balconies. There will be Central Park balcony cabins as well as Boardwalk View balcony cabins.

I just can't wait to see what children, teens and inebriated adults do with them. :eek: :rolleyes:

How long do you think it will take for some drunk to fall over on of those balconies? They could actually land on others if they fall! And, what all do you think will be thrown over those balconies?

We had a Promenade cabin last year on the Explorer and it was not tiny. Tiny is the regular outside cabin we had recently on the Monarch. THAT was tiny.

I wouldn't hesitate to have a Promenade cabin again. It was comfortable, light, and very pleasant.

We had a promenade room on the Explorer and it's a little bigger than the inside cabins. We had more than enough storage space and the bench by the window is great for people watching. As a matter of fact I booked a promenade room for our cruise in March.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I believe ChipLondon is referring to the windows on the pool deck overlooking the ocean that open. A previous poster had said that on ships only doors open, not windows. ChipLondon was pointing out that the windows on the pool deck open. There was no mention of a cabin on the pool deck.

Lisa

I believe ChipLondon is referring to the windows on the pool deck overlooking the ocean that open. A previous poster had said that on ships only doors open, not windows. ChipLondon was pointing out that the windows on the pool deck open. There was no mention of a cabin on the pool deck.

Lisa

Exactly, at least someone is paying attention, at no point did I refer to any cabins, I was simply stated that the windows on the Pool deck open, which they do, thanks Lisa

Exactly, at least someone is paying attention, at no point did I refer to any cabins, I was simply stated that the windows on the Pool deck open, which they do, thanks Lisa

Agreed Chip, some posters just don't pay attention to the questions, just too busy replying with "One Liners" to get their posting counts up!!!:rolleyes::D:eek:

Glad I could be of assistance! :D

Lisa

Archived