san juan air questions

fldogmassage

Princeline

Marriott Stellairs Resort 125.00 a night..reg 301

good luck

I know that there is a chance of something cheaper, but I was just responding to how much for caribe Hilton. I am staying 2 nights One with my rewards (new years eve, and one I am paying for Jan 1) Besides I really like the amenities of Caribe Hilton. I like the private beach and the pool area. Thanks for another price.

Helen

I booked the overnight flight on Friday late and early out Sunday flight.

Best price.

I can take my time to the ship from airport and reverse it on the way home.

Can you precheck back off the ship to the flights home?

I usually just carry them to taxi and check at airport but with long time before flight and I could do something about the town - rum factory tour maybe for Saturday.

Longboysfan - I don't understand what "overnight" flight is I thought you were coming from NJ? The cruise is SAt to Sat I don't think you pre-check in until 24 hrs before your flight.

Arn't you going to need a hotel for Sat night? They may have computer stations that you can check in there.

Good luck

We're not doubting that the seating plans accurately show what the airline wishes to tell you about which seats you could pre-allocate if you were to make a booking now.

But the point is that seating plans of this type, however accurate they are, do not give a reliable indication of the extent to which the flight has been booked, or how full it is. A seating plan that is completely empty may conceal the fact that the flight is quite heavily booked at present, and a seating plan that is virtually full may conceal the fact that there aren't many bookings for the flight. It all depends on things that we, the general public, cannot know.

Also, how full a flight is at the present time is not the only thing that the airline will take into account when setting the price. Again, you have no way of knowing whether the remaining space does or does not justify the price that the airline is charging. It's much more complex than any outsider to the airline in question could ever hope to know or understand.

Globaliser - Since San Juan is such a large cruise port could some of the airline seating be schewed because of the cruise line having blocks of seats? If I remember correctly when you book thru the cruise line you don't know which airline or seat you have until about a week before you leave. And now days how would anyone know since some people don't get seats but get them when they check in?

Helen

A group of 20 are on this same cruise April 11, 2009 on the Victory. Airfare from BWI 4/11/10 returning 4/18/10 rt/non stop is $334 (roughly). From what I'm reading this may be the best fare.

Are you part of the group celebrating somebody's 40th birthday? We have a roll call started for this cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1041479

To answer the thread, we are paying just under $400 pp for a nonstop on CO from EWR. A little spendy, but since we don't pay baggage fees, we're saving about $300 RT. Plus CO still feeds you, and with 4 kids that really matters.

Sure wish I could get those kind of prices! Lucky you! :)

Given that you don't say where you are starting your trip to SJU, it's tough to have any kind of opinion on your travel and price.

If you're coming in from Sydney, that's a great price!! From Miami, it sucks. I'll assume you are somewhere in between.

Longboysfan - I don't understand what "overnight" flight is I thought you were coming from NJ? The cruise is SAt to Sat I don't think you pre-check in until 24 hrs before your flight.

Arn't you going to need a hotel for Sat night? They may have computer stations that you can check in there.

Good luck

The overnight is I leave Newark late on Friday night 10pm out of there.

Then Saturday at 3AM into San Jusn. Put my feet up on my bags for a few hours then go to the pier.

I talked to a Continental agent the other day and found out if there are seats left on the Saturday flights out I can stand by for them.

She explained the stand by is not within 24 hours of your flight you can stand by and if there are open seats get on for $50.

So at this point it is a wait and see.

The early flight out is 6AM on Sunday. I can only check my bags 4 hours early for this flight. But will check with Celebrity and Continental after the cruise to see what is up.

I am lucky in that i get internet minutes free so I can go to continental web site and see if there are seats still open during the cruise and go from there.

Also is there a place that will hold you bags after the cruise in case I get a chance to walk about San Juan for the day before flying out?

The overnight is I leave Newark late on Friday night 10pm out of there.

Then Saturday at 3AM into San Jusn. Put my feet up on my bags for a few hours then go to the pier.

I talked to a Continental agent the other day and found out if there are seats left on the Saturday flights out I can stand by for them.

She explained the stand by is not within 24 hours of your flight you can stand by and if there are open seats get on for $50.

So at this point it is a wait and see.

The early flight out is 6AM on Sunday. I can only check my bags 4 hours early for this flight. But will check with Celebrity and Continental after the cruise to see what is up.

I am lucky in that i get internet minutes free so I can go to continental web site and see if there are seats still open during the cruise and go from there.

Also is there a place that will hold you bags after the cruise in case I get a chance to walk about San Juan for the day before flying out?

Wow I didn't realize that there were any flights that got in to sju at that hour. I hope you got these flights at a good rate as looking at your post this looks like a huge inconvenience. You are going to need to "sleep" at the airport from 3 am until at least 10 am on sat and then spend lord knows how many hours "standing by". What happens if you go to the airport and there are no "stand by's" arn't you going to have to go and find a hotel for the night? Good luck

Helen

Wow I didn't realize that there were any flights that got in to sju at that hour. I hope you got these flights at a good rate as looking at your post this looks like a huge inconvenience. You are going to need to "sleep" at the airport from 3 am until at least 10 am on sat and then spend lord knows how many hours "standing by". What happens if you go to the airport and there are no "stand by's" arn't you going to have to go and find a hotel for the night? Good luck

Helen

Rate was good - $254 total. The other flights with the leave on Saturday were well over $480 and going up.

Well the internet will tell me that in advance of leaving the ship. So I will know if there is a chance at any flight home earlier. So I will play it as it comes when we hit land.

That is why the bag storage place may be needed for the day or a hotel but that will be a semi waste as the plane leaves 6am and you have to be there by 4am. To crash for a few hours is not worth it to me.

Given that you don't say where you are starting your trip to SJU, it's tough to have any kind of opinion on your travel and price.

If you're coming in from Sydney, that's a great price!! From Miami, it sucks. I'll assume you are somewhere in between.

Southern California - with only two flights out and two back that would work for us - makes flight prices at $1000 per person x 4 in our family = more than 2 balcony cabins cost. :mad:

Archived