"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Radio: Thanks again for taking us along for the ride:D...Your pictures, as always are wonderful as are your reports...We'll be looking forward to your next cruise so we can be "tuned in"...Where/When is your next cruise???

Hope to see you upon the sea at some point...

Jill -- what is your exact week for FOS -- we sail on Jan. 17 for eastern itinerary.

Radio, Thankyou; so much for taking us a long on your wonderful cruise; best "Live From" posts ever! Is the menu you just posted from the Diamond/Diamond + Lounge and on what Deck is it located?:D

Hi Radio,

I have a BIG favor to ask. We are booked on FOS Western for November. My reservation is for a D1 on deck 6 (6670). I just put a hold on a JS deck 9 (9298) also but I have until Monday to decide if I want to switch to the JS. If you get a chance, could you get photos of each so I can have a look at differences between the 2 including the washroom.

Many thanks and it was a great week reading but I am sure a better week for you living it.

James

Edited by James MTL

Thank you Radio for showing us the Freedom of the Seas and its western intinerary. I am in the process of selecting a cruise ship within the next two weeks for a Feb cruise. So you have helped very much. I know you will be very busy and may not have time to answer these following question, but when you get a chance, let me know what you think. And for that matter, maybe all that would like chime in with your opinions would be nice also. I resepct your answers, as we have not been on a cruise for over 10 years. The Liberty of the Seas has the exact intinerary. Are the ships the same? Do you like to leave from Port Canaveral or Miami ? What do you think about the (around $200.00 less per person) intinerary that includes Belize, Costa Maya, Cozomel as compared to the Labeda, Ocho Rio, Caymen, Cozomel ? What part of the Caribbean do you like best? Do you think the (around $200.00 more per person ) difference between Royal Caribbean and Carnival is worth the money? And finally, What has been you best cruise ever? So far it looks like I will select either the Freedom or Liberty of the Seas. From you Posts, the Freedom looks great.

Its 2am- Hope RADIO is enjoying his last nite. can sleep tomorrow. Just checked seascan- FoS is 1/2 way between Miami & PC so on track for 5am arrival. Hope he posts many more pictures when back on land.

Counting the days (90) till 11/8

djay

Radio,

Just watched you pulling in to Port Canaveral. Thank you so much for taking us all along with you. Two weeks from today it will be my turn to enjoy this beautiful ship. Reading your posts and seeing your wonderful pictures has really added to my mounting excitement. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Radio - thanks again for all your work. Much appreciated. Tracking you on www.marinetraffic.com at the moment and shows you arriving at 4.12, wow that's early. Off Indian Harbour beach.

Ha ha. . .Yes, we pulled past Jetty Park at 4:20AM, and worked our way down the cut. We pulled into the turning basin by 4:40, and were at the pier by 5AM.

The first passenger should be off by 6AM.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio,

Just watched you pulling in to Port Canaveral. Thank you so much for taking us all along with you. Two weeks from today it will be my turn to enjoy this beautiful ship. Reading your posts and seeing your wonderful pictures has really added to my mounting excitement. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We are cruising on that same trip. Come over and join our thread and sign up for the meet and mingle

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=763946&page=52

We arrived very early today (5AM), but I have been following FOS for a few weeks, and it seems that Freedom usually arrives at this time.

I will be getting off the ship at about 9:30 (or whenever they make me leave :o)

I am taking the AutoTrain home today, and I have to be at the Terminal by 2PM. The Amtrak station is close by (only 45 min away)

I plan to make several more posts w/pics (I still have lots of pics that are not posted yet).

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .

Radio

Luggage Tag Departure Schedule

U9.jpg

We pull into the Canaveral Barge Canal very early, on our way to Terminal 10

U23.JPG

We can see the Passenger Terminal

U8.jpg

It is now 5AM, and we are almost ready to tie up. . .

U1.jpg

Passenger are already leaving the ship at 6AM

U24.JPG

Edited by Radio

Radio - I do have one question upon your return....from your picture of the coloured luggage tags and the times I see that the waiting area was the Promenade. Are you not allowed to wait in your cabin until your time? When we were on the Adventure in Jan09, we were given our coloured tags, along with a time and location to meet, then once at that meeting place, we left the ship. We were able to go for breakfast, back to the cabin, relax until out time (915) and then headed out. Has the Freedom not implemented this yet?

Thanks again for your wonderful pictures of your week!!

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. It was fun watching. It really makes me miss ours at the beginning of July. And unfortunately with one child in colege, me doing my masters, one kid close to college , and hubby just had to get a place to live out of town becuase they moved his office. I don't see any cruise in our horizons. I guess I'll have to settle on liveing vicariously through people such as yourself. Thanks again. And my sympathies your cruise is over.

Radio - Question about cameras since your pictures are beautiful!

How do I keep the lenes from fogging up when I go from inside the ship to outside. I just about had a breakdown when my Canon fogged up in Mexico. Took the lenes off to help adjust to temp, but it was about an hour before they were useable.

We will be on Freedom in 7 weeks, and can't wait! Love your reports! I cant decide if I want to take a laptop. With two seadays in a row on Eastern, I am thinking it will give me plenty of time to organize my pictures.

Radio, blowing froggy kisses as you departed the ship. What a hollow feeling for us all, to have the cruise over, but we wait anxiously for more and more. Can i ask one question, was Paul O'Shea in the piano bar in the Schooner Bar?

Thanks for posting the menu for the breakfast. I must say it sounds a great deal better than the Indy on her last crossing a few months ago. I will look forward to this one.

Thanx again for the wonderful trip we were all able to take with you

Ms Toad with a little sad froggy heart that it is over until October.

glcoop, Gary and Martha how nice to see you here again. I was so sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolences to your family and to your Mom.

Btw, I only wish I was going on the Oasis. Nomie is going, tho. I know that the Oasis is going to be on gorgeous ship, and i really can't wait to see her.

Be well Beej