Anybody not use the pools on a cruise?

JackieH

Anybody else not use the pools on a cruise? I know it sounds like a silly question. We have been on 3 cruises, and not once have I used the pool. The odd part is, I love summer. I spend just about all summer at the pool at my healthclub/gym here in town. I love sit and get that golden tan, while the kids play around. Yet, when I go on a cruise, the pools never appeal to me, maybe because they are so small, and so many people in it, around it etc...

Dont get me wrong, I love to feel the sun on my face. Last Aug we went on RCCL. Although we never went in the pool, me and my son sat on the upper deck and sunned ourself all while watching the bellyflop competition from above;)

So anybody else that doesnt get into the cruise pools???

:D Not all cruises are to warm weather climates. ;)

You aren't likely to use an outdoor pool cruising to Antarctic or Baltics end of October for example.

However, there are lots of folks who sail the Caribbean and never go to the pool.

Also, HAL ships have both indoor and outdoor pools so swimming is possible on all cruises as the large pool area in the center of Lido Deck has a retractable glass roof. It can remain fully closed, partially or fully opened to permit for suitable conditions for the climate.

Of all my 10+ cruises, I have rarely gotten into the pool. I love the water, don't get me wrong, but beaches is my thing and the sole purpose of me going mostly to the Caribbean. Compared to Delaware Seashore, it can't be beat and I try to enjoy it as much as I can, the aqua blue waters and snorkeling. I like to see what I'm swimming in :D.

Don't use the pool because I don't own a bathing suit. I've looked at myself in the mirror (naked!) :eek: and have no interest in subjecting anyone else to my belly fat and cellulite:p... just wish others would be that considerate. I've seen far worse around the pool than I've ever seen in the MDR!:D

One of the main reasons I really like Princess is the pools. I am not a fan of the salt water pools on Carnival and RCI and also find the water to be freezing in the pools on those lines. I love the freshwater pools and the amount of room you get on Princess. When it's really hot, I like getting into the pools.

Don't use the pool because I don't own a bathing suit. I've looked at myself in the mirror (naked!) :eek: and have no interest in subjecting anyone else to my belly fat and cellulite:p... just wish others would be that considerate. I've seen far worse around the pool than I've ever seen in the MDR!:D

Ditto here. I don't even go into the pool at my MIL's house. With the cellulite, varicose veins, extra poundage, it's not a pretty sight. :(

I don't use the regular pools or the hot tubs. We have those at home and I can hardly bear to get in when we've had little kids visiting here at home, let alone when there are hundreds of strangers in and out of the pool.

But when I'm on certain Celebrity ships I love love love the thalossotherapy pool, especially on a chilly evening. Heaven!

Out of all the cruises I've been on, I've not been in the pool once. I just don't care too. I have however been soaked by the pool due to the waves crashing on the wall and me being stupid standing pretty close to it at the sailaway party when EVERYONE was out dancing, singing, on-looking, drinking, etc. How embarrassing!

No, never have. My first 3 cruises I never even made it to the pool deck! :) Since then I've found some of the smaller "more friendly" bars are sometimes there, and snack bars, which I might frequent, but never the pools.

I guess us non-users don't have to worry about chair hogs! :D

One cruise so far, and too many people in the pool, so I stayed out. I love ocean. Don't think I'll go in the pools on our next cruise either. On Carnival those pools are about the size of a bathtub. Yickkk! All those people just warming the water up. Let's not go there.

I don't. I rarely use them on any vacation, land or sea. It's just not "special", doesn't especially indicate "relaxing" and I've never understood why pools are such a big deal to some people, nor the ability to sit near one :confused: It's not like only certain parts of the world have them. Hardly rare.

Archived