Can NCL try to get this greatttt Carnival idea?

ohioNCLcruiser

James, as a 55 plus year old cruiser I sure hope NOT! :eek: One more new tech gadget I have to learn will surely put me over the edge. My 30 plus year old techie kids would LOVE it! :)

This comment reminds me of the today (Sunday) cartoon called Cathy, where her parents are confronted and defeated by technology at every turn on their vacation. For some of us, that cartoon really resonates, and you don't necessarily have to be old either.

They made no mention of the cost of the little fun stations.

I think it looks great... except for the glaring spelling error - DINNING!!! As the first comment on the site says, do they not proofread these things before releasing them to the public?!!? :eek:

I've come to accept that people just don't care about spelling, grammar and punctuation when posting on a message board, and that's okay; they're not trying to 'sell their product'. A business, however - especially one as large as Carnival - can afford proofreaders. I just think there's no excuse for it. It's like looking at a menu and seeing 'Ceaser Salad'.

As humans and the fact we are becoming more and more connected between our laptops and smartphones, will it be long until we no longer have daily cruise guides are asked to view the guides online as we go?

I see this as the beginning.......

Michael

I think it looks great... except for the glaring spelling error - DINNING!!! As the first comment on the site says, do they not proofread these things before releasing them to the public?!!? :eek:

I've come to accept that people just don't care about spelling, grammar and punctuation when posting on a message board, and that's okay; they're not trying to 'sell their product'. A business, however - especially one as large as Carnival - can afford proofreaders. I just think there's no excuse for it. It's like looking at a menu and seeing 'Ceaser Salad'.

I rally hate bad speeling too. :p

Do I understand correctly?

When onboard, you can go to one of the Fun Hub Station and see what is available througout the ship (same type of info as the Capers + Reviews of the events) or rent a Fun Hub to go station (notebook) to get that information.

When you are not sailing, you can get all this info from internet too or not?

I would love to see the daily program from the internet a few weeks prior to my own cruise, it would help plan my days and also to know what days to book specialty restaurants and at what time.

I would definitely not rent a Fun Hub to go station, takes up too much room... my folded daily activity sheet from the daily fits in a very tiny wristlet purse that I use to carry my S&S Card.

As super technology geeks, my husband and I would love something like this. It's a great way for a cruiseline to help get word of mouth advertising out, especially if friends and family back home can follow along - I think I heard that in the video.

But, as we noticed during our cruise last year, our time moved so much more slowly and we were able to kick back and relax more when we didn't have the distraction of our cell phones and lap tops with internet. We really enjoyed it.

I really hope that if all cruiselines start to implement this, that it stays an option for guests and not a requirement (e.g. having to connect to it to see the NCL dailies), or that connecting to it remains too expensive for me to be tempted to rent one of those things for the week! lol

Voting - no thanks!

Going on vacation to relax...not be 'connected' all the time.

Of course, I spend my entire work day 'connected' - on the computer...so it is a pleasure NOT to do that while on a cruise!

Would be nice to have a tv channel that has some more up to date information on it, tho. Like daily MDR menus, etc.

Personally I think it speaks volumes as to the type of pax CCL is interested in capturing. James being excited about it does not surprise me in the least as he is a very social person and uses the internet a lot to keep up with his family and friends. He is a true representation of his group of people his age (although I think very together for his age compared how I was when I was at that age). What a wonderful time they are growing up in to be able to stay so connected to their friends and family. I just discovered facebook maybe a month ago. I knew of it of course, but just signed up a month ago or so and that was really to get in touch with people I went to school with. I think this will be very successful and will filter out to all cruiselines. Gone will be the day of having a Freestyle Daily delivered to your cabin although I am sure there will be a place you can go by and pick one up. As someone else mentioned, it will not be long before our Blackberrys, our G1's , our IPhones just tune in and display that info when we board the ship.

36 public units and 1960+ passengers (40 passengers rented theirs), your opportunity to actually use one over the course of a cruise is very small. I picture 700+ people exiting the theatre after the show and trying to use 2 or 3 machines to see what's going on elsewhere.

It will be interesting to see how these will work in real life.

Sounds too much like work to me. At age 35 I suppose I am somewhere in the middle age wise, but with so many of us spending so much time on the computer in our normal lives why would we want to bring it into our vacation?

36 public units and 1960+ passengers (40 passengers rented theirs), your opportunity to actually use one over the course of a cruise is very small. I picture 700+ people exiting the theatre after the show and trying to use 2 or 3 machines to see what's going on elsewhere.

It will be interesting to see how these will work in real life.

I see it now, 600-700 people trying to update their status after the show fighting over the computers. 36 public computers for 1960 people equals about 1 computer for 54 people.

What I really want to see is those status messages of the people late at night who I have had a few. I get some interesting ones on facebook from time to time. :eek:

I see it now, 600-700 people trying to update their status after the show fighting over the computers. 36 public computers for 1960 people equals about 1 computer for 54 people.

What I really want to see is those status messages of the people late at night who I have had a few. I get some interesting ones on facebook from time to time. :eek:

Exactly. Why don't they just call it the after-hours hookup zone?

:rolleyes:

"Saw you in the elevator on deck 12 at noon. Our eyes met. Meet at Martini bar at 11pm. My room unavailable."

Also word usage. Like the cruise ship ad I saw a few years back that spoke of people "languishing" in the hot tub, when I'm sure they meant "luxuriating" in it.

But then, we're "wordies." Kathy

Archived