Security On Ships

bobbyfk

I lost all faith in Carnival security during my last cruise. My husband and I were in our room and heard thumping coming from next door. We thought kids were jumping on the bed or something until we heard a woman scream, "Help" and "stop". I called ship security and it took them a good 20 minutes to get up to the room to see what was going on. It turns out the woman was getting the crap beat out of her. Once security got there, they spent about an hour talking to the woman and man in the room and trying to calm them down - however they were both very drunk and very loud. What security should have done was separate the two of them and interview them alone. Instead, they caused quite a scene in the hallway and many other guests were lurking around, trying to see what was going on. In the end, the woman hit the security guard, who then punched the woman back and all hell broke loose. Needless to say, I was upset by the whole thing, just thinking of what was happening to that woman for the amount of time it took security to get up there. It was handled very poorly.

I lost all faith in Carnival security during my last cruise. My husband and I were in our room and heard thumping coming from next door. We thought kids were jumping on the bed or something until we heard a woman scream, "Help" and "stop". I called ship security and it took them a good 20 minutes to get up to the room to see what was going on. It turns out the woman was getting the crap beat out of her. Once security got there, they spent about an hour talking to the woman and man in the room and trying to calm them down - however they were both very drunk and very loud. What security should have done was separate the two of them and interview them alone. Instead, they caused quite a scene in the hallway and many other guests were lurking around, trying to see what was going on. In the end, the woman hit the security guard, who then punched the woman back and all hell broke loose. Needless to say, I was upset by the whole thing, just thinking of what was happening to that woman for the amount of time it took security to get up there. It was handled very poorly.

Think most lethally trained military on the planet and you'll be close. lol ;)

Teenagers hanging around under a stairwell? Big whoop! Maybe they should have been thrown into the brig along with old people who save lounge chairs all day. It's a cruise!!! Life's too short to get upset over such trivial matters.

Charlie

OLD PEOPLE!! OLD PEOPLE saving lounge chairs???????? Where you get that? By the time my pacemaker kicks in, all the chairs are already saved!!!:D

That's disturbing. You are correct, not handled very well from your description. Most domestic violence calls end up the same way. The women getting beaten assaults the cop. Except, real cops don't "punch the woman back". If a drunk woman goes to punch me and I'm alert, I'm guessing she misses or I turn her punch into a hold of some sort.

Seriously? They punched her back? Was this one of those skinny indian-looking kids in the shiny white security outfits? They don't exactly look too lethal to me. But, they probably know the Mr. Miaggi Preying Mantis style. I need to be more careful.

i ve seen security looking for a missing passenger onboard a CCL

ship..and there were alot more of them than 2..i would say they re

were atleast 2-6 on each deck..

i feel much safer on a cruiseship than i would in town..those who think

that security was slow to react to an incident..or asking yourself *where the heck is security*..

you can just as easily say *where are the cops when you need them*..

i feel much safer on a cruiseship than i would in town..those who think

that security was slow to react to an incident..or asking yourself *where the heck is security*..

you can just as easily say *where are the cops when you need them*..

On a Ship, Security is usually less than a hundred yards away from where ever you are. Cops in your city/town are usually quite a bit further away, unless you live near a Donut shop.

that s what i was implying..it s alot safer on a cruise..:D

Really? Do you attribute that to the Security Force on board? Someone/ anyone shouldn't need to wonder "where the heck security is". They should be there quickly unless there are multiple "Criminal Incidents" happening simultaneuosly or they are policeing the "Chair Hogs".

... It turns out the woman was getting the crap beat out of her. ... In the end, the woman hit the security guard, who then punched the woman back and all hell broke loose.

Unless they were past the last port of call and headed home, the Captain would almost certainly have booted both of those passengers off the ship. There is a zero tolerance for violence - and both of them were throwing punches. No second chance, they should both have been put ashore at the next port.

Unless they were past the last port of call and headed home, the Captain would almost certainly have booted both of those passengers off the ship.

Just curious...How do you know what the Captain might do to these passengers. Past Exerience, Carnival Policy, Eye Witness Account, Rumors???

That's disturbing. You are correct, not handled very well from your description. Most domestic violence calls end up the same way. The women getting beaten assaults the cop. Except, real cops don't "punch the woman back". If a drunk woman goes to punch me and I'm alert, I'm guessing she misses or I turn her punch into a hold of some sort.

Seriously? They punched her back? Was this one of those skinny indian-looking kids in the shiny white security outfits? They don't exactly look too lethal to me. But, they probably know the Mr. Miaggi Preying Mantis style. I need to be more careful.

Depends.

Under most circumstances than ya, you and deflect or dodge the punch but I've been involved in a situation before where a female tried to assault me to prevent the arrest of her boyfriend and my only recourse was a quick jab to her sternum area. She didn't touch me anymore after that.

It went against everything I was taught when I was young " never hit a girl" but unfortunately when dealing with drunken unpredictable criminals you can't always be nice.

Cops in your city/town are usually quite a bit further away, unless you live near a Donut shop.

I've seen a bumper sticker: Bad Cop - No Donut

How would you like to have that on your car when getting stopped for speeding? Or a non-functioning light?...:eek:

Just curious...How do you know what the Captain might do to these passengers. Past Exerience, Carnival Policy, Eye Witness Account, Rumors???

I would say based on the reports you have seen here, on the CruiseJunk website, and Carnival Policy. Usually when there is a physical assault on an employee it is an automatic expulsion.

Carnival Policy

Guest agrees during the course of the voyage to follow the directions of the ship’s Master, or his authorized officer. Guest agrees that any violation of this Clause may subject guest to disembarkation.

Dave

Unless they were past the last port of call and headed home, the Captain would almost certainly have booted both of those passengers off the ship. There is a zero tolerance for violence - and both of them were throwing punches. No second chance, they should both have been put ashore at the next port.

I can't remember which day of the cruise this happened on so I don't know if we were headed home or not. I do know that they posted a security guard outside her door for about a day. I don't know if they were keeping her in or keeping everyone else out.

Have always seen plenty of security on all ships we have been never felt unsafe. Surprised to hear of a 20 minute delay with security arriving at scene. Maybe the call to security didn't "sound" urgent. I would be like "911 - get over here right away - someone is getting raped in the cabin next door, is getting the hell beaten out of them, and she is screaming for help." If my facts were wrong, at least I would hope help would come immediately due to the urgent message I conveyed! Not - "there seems to be a problem in the next cabin - can you send someone down to check it out."

Archived