Comparing Cruise Line Web Sites

kicker

Has anyone ever compared the Web sites of different Cruise Lines? I have a RCCL cruise scheduled for next summer, but I'm looking to find a short, weekday cruise out of New York or New England (no free weekends - need weekday sailings). I've checked out Celebrity, Holland, NCL, Carnival - it seems to me that RCCL's site is the easiest to get info from, but is this because I'm more familiar with their site? I'm just wondering what other cruisers experiences have been.

I totally agree with you. RCI has the easiest site to create a fake reservation to check prices and cabin availability. Also, you can see exactly where the room is because they show the deck plan right next to it.

Some cruise lines make you register and others show you what rooms are open, but don't show where they are on the ship.

I usually use one of the online TA sites to search for cruises. They seem to be a lot easier to use and allow you to do individual cruise lines or just check for what is available on certain dates.

The cruise line sites IMHO don't seem to work as well.

Have a great next cruise.

I tried a couple "generic" sites - every site brings up only one cruise that fits my criteria of a 4 or 5 day, but it involves a weekend, which doesn't work. Looks like I'm not cruising until June, 2010:(,:(:( unless I find something I can fit into my schedule in early 2010.

I like the Carnival site because it allows you to search by range of cruise lengths. The RCL/Celebrity site makes you do one search for 3 days, another for 4 days. On carnival, you can do them all at once.

Otherwise, I like the RCL/Celebrity site is fine, and lets you get all the info about a cruise and excursions without having to book it.

Has anyone ever compared the Web sites of different Cruise Lines? I have a RCCL cruise scheduled for next summer, but I'm looking to find a short, weekday cruise out of New York or New England (no free weekends - need weekday sailings). I've checked out Celebrity, Holland, NCL, Carnival - it seems to me that RCCL's site is the easiest to get info from, but is this because I'm more familiar with their site? I'm just wondering what other cruisers experiences have been.
I've thought exactly the same thing. RCI is so simple. Princess confusing and Disney impossible.

I totally agree with you. RCI has the easiest site to create a fake reservation to check prices and cabin availability. Also, you can see exactly where the room is because they show the deck plan right next to it.

Some cruise lines make you register and others show you what rooms are open, but don't show where they are on the ship.

Agreed.

Yes, I seem to find RCL and Celebrity OK, but I think that is because I'm familiar with them. But RCL, Celebrity and others each seem to have major limitations, such as an open calendar options beyond one or two months. I'd like to see cruises for a season of 3 – 6 months. Then there is Carnival which is pretty flexible but doesn't have a straight-forward way of selecting a particular ship and find connected cruises. I guess many Carnival cruisers don't look to a specific ship. Personally, I like picking a cruise area, then a calendar range beyond one or two months, and a ship. That's what I'd like.

Princess website seems to have more flexibilty on picking, a cruise area, a ship and more then a month or so.

Denny

Archived