Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

Where does one find the cabin assignment on the HAL website? I've clicked everywhere, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Go to Hal Page, Click on For Booked Guests, Sign In, go to booking # fill in Booking #

Click Proceed. Your Booking Will Come up and under Cabin you will see either Guar. for Guarantee, Or your Cabin # when Assigned

We sail Sept 11 and took an upsell for first week. Do not know where we will be for return. I called the number where I made the arrangements for upsell to see if the cabin was booked on return. The person said they are an ouside company do not have that info and I would not be able to contact anyone to find out if the cabin is booked. Of course I am hoping they will upgrade us for the second half of the trip but I better be prepared to move. Has anyone moved cabins on B/B before?

OK-- so here's a question: Does HAL allow you to change your cabin once it's been assigned on a guarantee? For instance, when I was on Celebrity, I took a balcony guarantee, but didn't like the location of the cabin assigned and they allowed me to change my cabin to another that was available in the same category.

I understand it's the gamble one takes with a guarantee, but if there are other cabins available in the same category, shouldn't they let you switch?

Thanks for the input!

OK-- so here's a question: Does HAL allow you to change your cabin once it's been assigned on a guarantee?

It has been known to happen. I don't know how common this is, or how hard it is to accomplish, but it happened to me.

I rarely book a guarantee, but did for last January's Noordam cruise, as I didn't care for the location of any of the available cabins when I booked. I didn't like the assignment I got, either. I asked my TA if she could do anything to get me a better location. She did! :)

I was in the category I originally booked, but the location was better than I could have gotten originally. I was happy with it.

.....Does HAL allow you to change your cabin once it's been assigned on a guarantee?

Adding to RuthC's reply, when booking our upcoming Zaandam cruise, I asked my travel agent this question & was assured that she can change to any available cabin in the category just as apparently experienced by RuthC.:)

Of course when we get bumped to the Penthouse I probably will take the one they give us! :D

Just a cabin number would be nice right now, only 5 days to go and the suspense is driving me nuts!

I'm at work on a night shift, my last one before the cruise, and I must be checking the HAL site every hour :o

Just a cabin number would be nice right now, only 5 days to go and the suspense is driving me nuts!

I'm at work on a night shift, my last one before the cruise, and I must be checking the HAL site every hour :o

We are on the Oosterdam on 4th Sept and have just got our cabin number.

We booked 2 x Cat VH Balcony (Cheapest Balcony) and have been given 2 x Cat VD Cabins on Deck 4 so very pleased.

Mike

Woo hoo!! Got our cabin assignment for the September 16 Eurodam sailing. Booked two VF guarantee cabins and were assigned side-by-side VA cabins on deck 7 :):D

Debjsc, I don't know why you are still waiting when you are on the sailing before ours :confused:, but I hope it means you are getting a really nice upgrade!

Bonnie

It has been known to happen. I don't know how common this is, or how hard it is to accomplish, but it happened to me.

I rarely book a guarantee, but did for last January's Noordam cruise, as I didn't care for the location of any of the available cabins when I booked. I didn't like the assignment I got, either. I asked my TA if she could do anything to get me a better location. She did! :)

I was in the category I originally booked, but the location was better than I could have gotten originally. I was happy with it.

Adding to RuthC's reply, when booking our upcoming Zaandam cruise, I asked my travel agent this question & was assured that she can change to any available cabin in the category just as apparently experienced by RuthC.:)

Of course when we get bumped to the Penthouse I probably will take the one they give us! :D

Ruth, Thanks for the input. I'm glad to hear that you were able to switch. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the Rotterdam.

And Lynn, thanks for your reply as well. Although I may be putting the cart before the horse, I'm glad to hear that an exchange is possible!

Congrats to everyone who got their cabin numbers yesterday, sounds like some fantastic upgrades. :D

Looks like I will be getting mine at the port now, as I fly out tomorrow, and won't have net acess. My only decision now is if I bother to pack my favourite bubble bath, or if we will be in a shower only cabin!!

Debsjc, I hope for you that it is something like "save the best for last" and you will get a great stateroom. But you know Murphy's law? (It's just happening the way you don't expect it. Or: It just rains if you forgot your umbrella.) So it might be a good idea to leave your bubble bath at home and hope for the luxury suite...

Arno

OK - we caved in with the very first offer. Thirty-three days out we were offered an SZ guarantee to an SA confirmed for $999 per person. I know the offers would get better as the cruise gets closer ... but that's if there are any SA's left. We still saved a pretty penny and are sailing the way we know and love after all. We are VERY happy campers. One of these days though, we really DO need to experience a smaller suite. Maybe in 2011. :)

That cracked me up! Sounds just like us! We've tried to save money by booking SS/SY/SZ, but just can't turn down an upsell to SA. :D

Only thing left is SA/SB/SC to purchase.

I assume that an SY/SZ could be bumped up...then move us into SY/SZ?

OR

Could be put into SA/SB/SC?

What does experience say here?

David

PS. I love reading the live reports..and love writing them. I did one from the Ryndam Feb 08. I'll be providing one if there are any interested readers this time around.

Haven't received an email from HAL yet, as to our stateroom assignment, but when I printed out a new luggage tag (almost finished packing) it NOW shows a cabin 1803. Yahoo!

Have always had a balcony & have been on the aft half of the ship, so this is new for us, the adventure begins.

Please tell us about all the wonderful aspects of stateroom#1803 on the Zaandam& the cool advantages of being on Deck 1 - Dolphin Deck.

DH picked up a battery powered personal fan today to help him sleep.

p.s. if you are waiting for stateroom assignment keep checking your luggage tags after you have checked in.

Jams1,

we had an inside stateroom on the lowest public deck on Costa Fortuna and it was OK. It might be a little bit noisy if you are close to the engine, but 1803 seems to be way up to the bow. We were not on the Zaandam yet , so I cannot say whether you might hear a little bit of the waves hitting the bow, but I would guess that this is OK. You will definetely be able to hear the front thrusters working, but these are only used in port. So it should not be a real problem.

You might experience some vertical movement especially in rough seas as this stateroom is at the front end of the ship and not in the middle, but horizontal rolling will be very limited because of the low deck. In both insides we had until now the air conditioning was very good so there was no need for a fan - unless you have a problem with the noise the ac produces.

I hope you enjoy the Zaandam

Arno

Archived