Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

We just received our room assignments for the September 6th sailing of the Westerdam! HAL posted them sometime between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. pacific time. Our 2 VF Category Guarantee rooms were upgraded to 2 VB Category rooms! Sweet!!!

Fantastic, well done.

I think I'll be sleeping out on deck at his rate :D

i guess i am actually waiting for another cabin number too....for our Circle Hawaii cruise also....another GTY....but that isn't until Nov 7th so I KNOW I have to wait for that for quite a while :D double grrrrrrr :)

My cruisetour is two weeks away (the cruise itself is 3 weeks away)

This is the first time I've booked a guarantee, and I have no stateroom assigned as yet...

...no biggie, I'll find out when I get to the pier.

I've booked a guar last june for the next Transpacific from Vancouver to Kobe. I spoke to my TA yesterday and she told me that the ship is FULL... Just a Penthouse to go

I don't know how to interprete that, good or bad ????

Holacanada actually in MM (interior) leaving in 25 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 5 seconds aboard the Volendam — Cross my fingers

I've booked a guar last june for the next Transpacific from Vancouver to Kobe. I spoke to my TA yesterday and she told me that the ship is FULL... Just a Penthouse to go

I don't know how to interprete that, good or bad ????

Holacanada actually in MM (interior) leaving in 25 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 5 seconds aboard the Volendam — Cross my fingers

I would take it as good. Fingers crossed you get the penthouse :p

I was a bit surprised to hear this was sold out as I have received a couple of emails in the past 24 hours with unbelievable prices for this sailing, that have only just been announced. Maybe that's why it has sold out...

Enjoy your cruise, and the penthouse!!! :p

:D:D:D

Does anyone know if cabins get assigned over the weekend, or do we have to wait till Monday now?
Yes, we've gotten a couple of our assignments on a Sunday evening, after 5:00p Pacific time. I guess that would be the wee small hours for you ... try when you get up tomorrow and Monday! :)

:eek:I did not want to chance getting an upgrade that was in an aweful location (e.g. across from laudrette, or near an engive) or near something noisy, so opted not to get an upgrade if one came available. Far too many complaints from CC users of where their cabins ended up to take the risk.

Yes, we've gotten a couple of our assignments on a Sunday evening, after 5:00p Pacific time. I guess that would be the wee small hours for you ... try when you get up tomorrow and Monday! :)

Thanks, I'll keep checking over the weekend :cool:

:eek:I did not want to chance getting an upgrade that was in an aweful location (e.g. across from laudrette, or near an engive) or near something noisy, so opted not to get an upgrade if one came available. Far too many complaints from CC users of where their cabins ended up to take the risk.

I normally book a specific stateroom for that very reason - I prefer to know exactly where I'm going to be living...

...but when I booked my HH Guar there were no HH's to be specified, so I'm just hoping that I end up with something on Lower Promenade or higher - but if not, it won't make or break my day.

Dont worry one bit,been there and done that, and really where ever you are will be great, each cabin has advantages, and even upgrades at times to beyond your wildest dreams.!! Had our number, finally, quite late in the proceedings,and then on arrival to check in, a different cabin number,and upgrade. I think the surprise is all part of the anticipation,fantastic ,you will love every single minute.!

I think it is fun and part of the anticipation for a cruise to await one's cabin assignment. If I do "need" a particular cabin for a cruise, then I will book that one specifically (as I did for Alaska and requested Zandaam's"7086")! Otherwise, I am twice as excited, one for the cabin, one for the cruise :D I am just happy to be cruising :D:D

We always have to book a specific cabin as DH is in a wheelchair. We have never been upgraded to a higher category HC cabin.

But it's always exciting when someone traveling with us books a guarantee and we can enjoy their anticipation!

As far as the PS being vacant, as someone mentioned: Wouldn't someone at the top who has a guarantee get that, rather than someone who booked an inside guarantee? Seems to me that HAL would assign a suite guarantee [do they have those?] to a vacant PS, then bump up an SY or SS guarantee to a suite, etc. etc.

As far as the PS being vacant, as someone mentioned: Wouldn't someone at the top who has a guarantee get that, rather than someone who booked an inside guarantee? Seems to me that HAL would assign a suite guarantee [do they have those?] to a vacant PS, then bump up an SY or SS guarantee to a suite, etc. etc.
Yes, you can book an SA guarantee ... but I don't understand why someone would do that, since the odds of an upgrade to the PS are pretty slim! And as long as you don't specify Do Not Upgrade, you could be moved to the PS anyway, without a guarantee.

I believe you're correct that the upgrades generally "shuffle up", with everybody who gets one moving up a few steps, but on our Eurodam cruise one HAL first-timer who had booked an Outside guarantee was first given an assignment of an SS, and then at the pier was moved again to an SA! I would bet that some people were "leap-frogged" there.

You can figure out which cabin categories are available by going on HAL's website and pretending to book; when you get to the part that asks you to choose your category, the ones marked closed are no longer available; if you pick a certain category and are interested in a particular cabin, you can insert that cabin # at the next level of the booking process and the system will tell you whether it's available or not. then you can cancel out. Or you can call your TA or HAL and they can provide the information. Some like to use travel sites like E. or T. and go thru the pretend booking process. After selecting the cabin category, you get a choice of open cabins, but they only offer 5 at a time. That doesn't mean only 5 are left. Happy Sailing!

How far out does Holland assign cabins ?

Our last HAL cruise was the 1st we had booked with a guarantee. Our cabin assignment was made about 4 weeks prior to sailing. We got SS against our SY guarantee on the Oosterdam. We are also on a guarantee for Oct 23 Zaandam to Hawaii & anxious to see our luck of the draw for that. From what I'm reading here, maybe we should hope to not find out until the last minute.... sure would be sweet to get a dlx suite against our balcony guarantee! :D

We have booked specific cabins and have also done guarantees.

Waiting for ones cabin assignment can add to the precruise excitement and add some suspense.

Rich

Where does one find the cabin assignment on the HAL website? I've clicked everywhere, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Archived