Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

We just got ours last night for our Sep 13 cruise on the Westerdam, and we were visited by the upgrade fairy - had booked a VF guarantee, and ended up with a VA on the Navigation level, in an aft cabin! :D

The upgrade fairy LOVES you!:D The balconies at the stern of the Westerdam are lovely and deep.Enjoy your cruise and the glorioous wake. Wonderful upgrade:)

I'm in on the waiting game now, too. I checked my online TA site yesterday and saw the SZ guarantees going for less than my VC. I called and was changed to the guarantee SZ. I was informed by HAL (through the TA) that there are only two SZ and I needed to understand I would likely not get either but would get a category higher. Hmmmm.... let me think.... YES! Anywho, we're sailing on 11/1 and I am really looking forward to seeing where we are. It should be a lot of fun and I am very excited for the extra space if not for the possibility, albeit small, of a deluxe upgrade!

I booked an HH Guar (Fully-Obstructed Outside) for my Ryndam Alaskan cruisetour...

...and received my cabin assignment today: a Category E on Main Deck just ahead of the forward staircase.

Sure I would have preferred to be on Lower Promenade Deck, but considering the cruise sold out months ago it doesn't surprise me that I didn't get assigned a cabin up there. Plus it could be a heck of alot worse - I could be even lower or way up in the bow - so I'm perfectly content.

:)

Our room was assigned last Friday for our trip on 9/19. We had booked an SZ gty and received an SS. It's a good room in a great location, but I have to say I was so disappointed to not get an SA, SB or SC. I don't mean to be ungrateful. I called HAL about it and they said there is still a chance we can be upgraded again before we sail, or we can check when we board to see if there are any upgrades available. I so wanted the perks of the deluxe room. I know, it will be wonderful just to go. But still... :)

Our room was assigned last Friday for our trip on 9/19. We had booked an SZ gty and received an SS. It's a good room in a great location, but I have to say I was so disappointed to not get an SA, SB or SC. I don't mean to be ungrateful. I called HAL about it and they said there is still a chance we can be upgraded again before we sail, or we can check when we board to see if there are any upgrades available. I so wanted the perks of the deluxe room. I know, it will be wonderful just to go. But still... :)

I understand. It's hard not to dream (even a little!) I am in your shoes (SZ guarantee) and waiting to hear where I'll be. I am hoping to get a lovely upgrade but if I don't, oh well. Have a wonderful trip regardless of where your cabin is!

If you really wanted the perks of a full suite that is what you should have booked. You received an upgrade and should be satisfied with that. We want the perks of a suite so that is what we book.

If you really wanted the perks of a full suite that is what you should have booked. You received an upgrade and should be satisfied with that. We want the perks of a suite so that is what we book.

Gee, thanks for clarifying...I never would have thought of that. :rolleyes:

I am glad you said that! While it's fun to book a guarantee and hope for something better, it shouldn't be an expectation!

Don't *most* who book guarantees hope for an upgrade? There are only so many ... :rolleyes:

If I really wanted the perks that come along with a certain category, then that is what I would book -- and pay for!

Many of us really like booking guarantees. Watching for the cabin assignment is part of our pre-cruise enjoyment. We're prepared to enjoy whatever cabin is assigned. We've booked guarantees about a dozen times and like doing so. So far we have liked all our cabins. We are always aware that we could be assigned the category we booked and are prepared to be happy with that.

Trophy - We have a roll call going for the 9/26 Eurodam cruise. I'm guessing our cabin assignments will occur next week or the first part of the following week.

Don't *most* who book guarantees hope for an upgrade? There are only so many ... :rolleyes:

If I really wanted the perks that come along with a certain category, then that is what I would book -- and pay for!

Wow. How necessary and friendly of you! The poster was not bemoaning the situation, just being honest. Believe it or not there are some people who can't, for whatever reason, pay for a deluxe suite. For the love of Bob, people.

Wow. How necessary and friendly of you! The poster was not bemoaning the situation, just being honest. Believe it or not there are some people who can't, for whatever reason, pay for a deluxe suite. For the love of Bob, people.

I was not being unfriendly-just stating a fact. If you book one category,get a free upgrade then call HAL and ask for another upgrade-not an upsell- that is being ungrateful and greedy.

I was not being unfriendly-just stating a fact. If you book one category,get a free upgrade then call HAL and ask for another upgrade-not an upsell- that is being ungrateful and greedy.

I did not call and ASK them for another upgrade, I called to ask if there was a possibility of a future upgrade or upsell offer. That doesn't make me ungrateful or greedy. Sheesh!

I want to apologize for my post yesterday about the price difference between a VF and SZ on my Nov Eurodam cruise. I didn't realize that HAL is currently having a 3-day sale which is why the difference between the 2 categories is so minimal right now (well until the sale ends). When I learned this, I immediately upgraded to the SZ GTY and now I'm like a kid anticipating a trip to the candy store waiting for my cabin assignment. Happy Sailing!

Archived