Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

We will be staying two nights at the Hilton Marina next week and hope to find 3 or 4 restaurants near by the hotel that serve good Florida stone crab. We are from southern California and it is almost impossible to find stone crab here.

We are cruising with a large group of people in May.

I have done some looking around at hotels myself and so far we are debating between the Cambria Suites and Springhill Suites. I am leaning toward Springhill because it appears to be walking distance to more shopping and restaurants than Cambria. I am wondering about the safety of the area around those two hotels.

Any ideas and advice would be helpful. Thanks!

The best closest grocery store would be Publix on Dania Beach Blvd east of US1. Publix has a nice wine selection. It's about 2 miles away. There is also a Kmart, BJs and Big Lots right across Stirling Rd in Oakwood Plaza.

The easiest Victoria's Secret to get to along the way is on Glades Rd in Boca Raton, one mile west of I95 in Boca Town Center mall. It's a really nice store and mall and is about 45 minutes north of the hotel. Closer to the hotel is Galleria Mall 3 miles east of I95 on E. Sunrise Blvd in Fort Lauderdale. It's a smaller store but it is nice. Victoria's Secret is in the far east end of the mall. In Galleria Mall, you can get your nails done at Aveda Spa at Macy's or Red Door Spa, but I'm sure you can find a better priced mani if you do a search in the Hollywood area near your hotel.

Victoria's Secret??

I need to check in more often. I must be missing some interesting conversations.

We are cruising with a large group of people in May.

I have done some looking around at hotels myself and so far we are debating between the Cambria Suites and Springhill Suites. I am leaning toward Springhill because it appears to be walking distance to more shopping and restaurants than Cambria. I am wondering about the safety of the area around those two hotels.

Any ideas and advice would be helpful. Thanks!

The area around SpringHill Suites is plenty safe. The Cambria is located on the wrong side of I-95. That does not mean it's not safe, it's just not as good as a location as the SpringHill Suites which is close to the mall and restaurants.

Edited by Music City

We will be staying two nights at the Hilton Marina next week and hope to find 3 or 4 restaurants near by the hotel that serve good Florida stone crab. We are from southern California and it is almost impossible to find stone crab here.

15th St Fisheries and Grill 66 are the closest. They are only a block away by water but further by road. I don't know how good their stone crabs are because I don't eat them.

Hi - (Sorry if you already answered this in a previous post !)

There will be 4 of us - disembarking from the Grand Princess on February 14 in Ft. Lauderdale - need transportation from the cruise termimal to the FLL Airport to catch a 10:30 AM flight back to Arizona

What transportation do you recommend ?

THANK YOU !!

Hi - (Sorry if you already answered this in a previous post !)

There will be 4 of us - disembarking from the Grand Princess on February 14 in Ft. Lauderdale - need transportation from the cruise termimal to the FLL Airport to catch a 10:30 AM flight back to Arizona

What transportation do you recommend ?

THANK YOU !!

You can take a taxi for about $18.

THANK YOU !

Are the taxis readily available right there at the cruise terminal ?

And' date=' do you know if there are "van-type" taxies that all 4 of us would fit into (with luggage?)[/color']

Yes, they are line up as you exit the terminal. I believe there are vans available.

What hotels are near (or on) the beach and close to restaurants and night life for a night pre-cruise?

Also, do any of these have airport or port transportation or is taxi the only option?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

What hotels are near (or on) the beach and close to restaurants and night life for a night pre-cruise?

Also, do any of these have airport or port transportation or is taxi the only option?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

None of the beach area hotels have shuttles. Here are your best choices close to what you want, from closest to furthest:

Marriott Beach Place

Ritz Carlton

Courtyard

Westin

W

Bahia Mar

Cocobelle

These are a bit far, but walkable if you are fit:

Sheraton

Atlantic

Marriott Harbor Beach

None of the beach area hotels have shuttles. Here are your best choices close to what you want, from closest to furthest:

Marriott Beach Place

Ritz Carlton

Courtyard

Westin

W

Bahia Mar

Cocobelle

These are a bit far, but walkable if you are fit:

Sheraton

Atlantic

Marriott Harbor Beach

This is REALLY helpful info

Appreciate your reply!

We are driving down to Florida and then taking a cruise so we will have our SUV. How safe are the hotels to leave a car parked for the week. It doesn't appear that any of the hotels have a gated lot. We are looking at the Hyatt Place South and the Springhill Suites. Our other option is to get a room with points at the Sheraton in Plantation and either park the car there for free or drive the car to the port and park there. How difficult is getting to the port? Are there always parking spots? Do you need to reserve a parking spot?

Thanks for all the help.

We are driving down to Florida and then taking a cruise so we will have our SUV. How safe are the hotels to leave a car parked for the week. It doesn't appear that any of the hotels have a gated lot. We are looking at the Hyatt Place South and the Springhill Suites. Our other option is to get a room with points at the Sheraton in Plantation and either park the car there for free or drive the car to the port and park there. How difficult is getting to the port? Are there always parking spots? Do you need to reserve a parking spot?

Thanks for all the help.

We left our car for 8 days, at Cambria Suitess, Dania Beach. All was fine. WHen we reserved, they asked if we would be leaving the car, so yes they know how many they can accommodate. I would be interested to know if any other hotels pick you up post cruise (at no charge) and bring you back to pick up your car. Cambria did which I liked.

Can I ask what you bid on this? I'd LOVE to get this hotel.

I just got a room at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 using Priceline. Does anyone know anything about this hotel and if there's a place close by to buy wine and soft drinks? Thanks!

I just got a room at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 using Priceline. Does anyone know anything about this hotel and if there's a place close by to buy wine and soft drinks? Thanks!

It is a nice hotel but there is nothing close by and the restaurants in the hotel are pretty pricy.

Stayed at Sleep Inn last year and staying again next week. Very nice. Shuttle from airport and also to cruise port. Hot breakfast in morning. Drug store right next to hotel and also across the street mall with grocery store, Ital. mexican, Chinese Rest. hotel was clean and very nice. Shuttle service was prompt. Really enjoyed my stay.