Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

How long should we allow to get through security on a Monday morning out of fll? Thanks!

Assuming you mean the airport only, I would allow an hour just for the security lines, then there's walking and boarding, so be at the airport 90 minutes prior to a domestic flight. Monday mornings are quite busy.:)

Hello,

I am sure this has been asked and answered before but I don't think I can go through all of the posts on this thread. It is very popular and contains a TON of information!

What is the cheapest way to get from a MIA hotel to the Port Fort Lauderdale?

My thanks to all you give their advice. :)

Hello,

I am sure this has been asked and answered before but I don't think I can go through all of the posts on this thread. It is very popular and contains a TON of information!

What is the cheapest way to get from a MIA hotel to the Port Fort Lauderdale?

My thanks to all you give their advice. :)

Cheap option #1

Take your hotel's free shuttle back to MIA and catch the tri-Rail train for under $5 each to the FLL station; form there it is a $15 cab ride to Port Everglades.

- http://www.tri-rail.com/

Cheap option #2

Rent a car one-way from MIA to FLL and use the rental agency shuttle to get to the port.

Good luck! :)

hey there

We are flying MTL/Miami to our cruise and our way back is from POM to Fort Lauderdale airport. Our return flight is 12:30 so im not worry for the time frame but i would like to know if there is anyone as suggestion for our transportation back and forth? Carnival offer transport but isn't cheap, so are we better to go throught Carnival or taxi?

thanks in advances

hey there

We are flying MTL/Miami to our cruise and our way back is from POM to Fort Lauderdale airport. Our return flight is 12:30 so im not worry for the time frame but i would like to know if there is anyone as suggestion for our transportation back and forth? Carnival offer transport but isn't cheap, so are we better to go throught Carnival or taxi?

thanks in advances

QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), SAS (www.ridesas.com), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with prices starting at about $15 per person each way.

Taxi from POM to FLL (or FLL to POM) will be about $85+ :eek: for the 40-45 minute trip. Good luck! :)

I'm arriving November 29th and want to book a hotel that has easy access to the beach and close to port or has a really nice pool area to sit out and relax.

When I come back from the cruise I'm going to stay an extra day and sight see at that point in time.... would like to see the everglades, does anyone have suggestions on tours available as well?

Thanks

I'm arriving November 29th and want to book a hotel that has easy access to the beach and close to port or has a really nice pool area to sit out and relax.

When I come back from the cruise I'm going to stay an extra day and sight see at that point in time.... would like to see the everglades, does anyone have suggestions on tours available as well?

Thanks

Close to port and right on the beach with nice relaxing pool area: Lago Mar or Marriott Harbor Beach

hey there

thanks in advances

If there are only 2 of you, Carnival transfers cost less than a taxi. If there are 3, it will cost about the same. If 4 of you and luggage fit into one cab, cab costs less than Carnival.

A strang question but do you know if the Publix by Embassey suites sell boogie boards..in the past my SIL goes up earlier to her parents home and always gets 2 cheap ones for my boys to use at the ports..but she just had a baby so won't be coming....thanks

Also any recommendations on a day trip to do some airboat in the everglades or the Seagrass one...

I will be arriving on a flight about 11 pm on a Friday night in FTL. I'm looking for a decent airport hotel with a shuttle that will pick me up this late that offers a breakfast. I have a cruise the next day and looking for a shuttle I can reserve to get to the POM. I think the hotel prices would be better closer to FTL -Hollywood instead of spending the night in Miami. Since it is in Dec. I think it's better to fly in the night before.

Considering any possible weather delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be arriving on a flight about 11 pm on a Friday night in FTL. I'm looking for a decent airport hotel with a shuttle that will pick me up this late that offers a breakfast. I have a cruise the next day and looking for a shuttle I can reserve to get to the POM. I think the hotel prices would be better closer to FTL -Hollywood instead of spending the night in Miami. Since it is in Dec. I think it's better to fly in the night before.

Your best bet for transportation from FLL to Miami is SAS.......

www.ridesas.com Email them with all your information once you

have it.

If you do a search you will find alot of hotel information with the

ones that offer a shuttle service airport/hotel.

A strang question but do you know if the Publix by Embassey suites sell boogie boards..in the past my SIL goes up earlier to her parents home and always gets 2 cheap ones for my boys to use at the ports..but she just had a baby so won't be coming....thanks

Also any recommendations on a day trip to do some airboat in the everglades or the Seagrass one...

Not sure, but if not, you could probably get them at Walgreens or CVS, in walking distance.

Holiday Inn Express Convention Center is close to the airport and has free 24 hr shuttle and breakfast. Like Lois suggested, contact SAS for shuttle to POM.

They were selling them back in February. They had a whole "beach supplies" section.

I did a Sawgrass airboat ride, which I really enjoyed. Sawgrass has a nice little zoo that is included with the price of the airboat ride, and you can get a $4 off coupon here.

The other popular airboat option is Everglades holiday park, which includes an Alligator wrestling show instead of the zoo. The main difference is that the Everglades Holiday Park boats are covered so you don't feel the wind in your face.

I have some pictures from Sawgrass at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37461857#post37461857

Edited by ahecht

Needing to purchase distilled water for DH c-pap machine. We will be flying in at 12:30 am so we have a few hrs to kill before we are picked up around 9 am by the cruise people. Is there anywhere close to walk to buy this so we can carry on board? even to purchase at airport and how much if anyone knows. what food places will be available in and around airport at that time of night.

There's nowhere you can really walk to from the airport. Princess can supply you with free distilled water for the CPAP if you contact their special needs department, but I don't know if they can accommodate you this close to your departure date. If you are using a TA have them make the arrangements, if not you need to fax your request to "Group Onboard Services" at 1-661-284-4770 along with your booking number, cruise date, and cabin number.

You can also request a gallon of distilled water on board from your stateroom attendant or guest services, but you might have to pay around $4 for it.

Edited by ahecht

correct, can't get it this close to departure. Princess never said anything about being able to getting from attendent. How much would a taxi ride cost at night to take us to the nearest 24 hr place?

We will be flying in at 12:30 am so we have a few hrs to kill before we are picked up around 9 am by the cruise people.

Just a heads up - while FLL is 'open' 24 hour a day, it won't be comfortable waiting for 8 1/2 hours overnight since they close the concourse waiting areas and the restaurants (I know I've arrived at 9:30 pm on JetBlue and they were closing the gates as we disembarked). The website entitled "Guide to Sleeping in Airports (http://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/fortlauderdale.htm#airportHours) says:

This is the official statement from the Fort Lauderdale Airport regarding sleeping in the airport:

"You can only stay in a pre-security waiting area (not on the concourse) for the night.

Our seating is attached chairs with arm rests.

Heavy-duty cleaning is often conducted at night.

Food and beverage service is limited.

It can get cold in the terminals, so bring warm cloths (sic!)."

Edited by capriccio

Needing to purchase distilled water for DH c-pap machine. We will be flying in at 12:30 am so we have a few hrs to kill before we are picked up around 9 am by the cruise people. Is there anywhere close to walk to buy this so we can carry on board? even to purchase at airport and how much if anyone knows. what food places will be available in and around airport at that time of night.

You can take a taxi to/from the closest Winn Dixie that opens at 7 AM every day. Taxi fare will be about $10 each way. 941 SW 24TH STREET

FT LAUDERDALE, FL 33315

Main Phone: 954-763-2191

Lots of people have reported being able to buy distilled water on the ship, but if you can't get confirmation that it is available and want the water in advance you might be better off just taking a cab to the port and having them stop at Walgreens or something on the way. It would probably be cheaper than a round trip from the airport to the drugstore and back.

There's nowhere you can really walk to from the airport. Princess can supply you with free distilled water for the CPAP if you contact their special needs department, but I don't know if they can accommodate you this close to your departure date. If you are using a TA have them make the arrangements, if not you need to fax your request to "Group Onboard Services" at 1-661-284-4770 along with your booking number, cruise date, and cabin number.

You can also request a gallon of distilled water on board from your stateroom attendant or guest services, but you might have to pay around $4 for it.

Both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean provide the water for you. Ask your stateroom attendant. You will also need them to provide an extension cord to plug in and they happily oblige. No experience with this on other lines.

Doris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk