Excursions on Cruise Personalizer?

Erinchita

Shore excursions are showing up as "not available" on the cruise personalizer for my 11/28 cruise. Is it too early?

Also, I'm adding in this question I've been dying to ask but won't start a new thread about it...what does "CB" stand for in board lingo? :rolleyes:

Shore excursions are showing up as "not available" on the cruise personalizer for my 11/28 cruise. Is it too early?

Also, I'm adding in this question I've been dying to ask but won't start a new thread about it...what does "CB" stand for in board lingo? :rolleyes:

Yes, it's too early. They say that they are available any time 120 days before the cruise (not sure when yours is). But I have noticed that that number is getting smaller. Don't worry, they will be there.

If you are part of a Roll Call, there will be at least one person (like me!) watching every day and they'll post when they are available.

CB is the two letter designation for the Caribbean Princess. Each ship has a two letter code. Do a search. A lot of people list the entire fleet.

Now I can see your countdown clock and you ARE under 120 days. Like I said, Princess has been taking longer to make them available.

If you are curious about what may be offered you can go into the search cruises section and under excursions it will show you what might be available. But don't always count on it. I was all excited to take a beginners scube dive class but alas, it wasn't offered on our specific cruise.

Thanks very much--I NEVER would have figured out the ship codes!

Yeah I will check the excursions for whichever ports I'm visiting...that way I can jump on them if and when they become available.

And chances are I'll be that person on my roll call checking every day. I don't think I could possibly be more excited for this cruise...:p

I had the same problem when I was trying to book shore excursions. Princess says they become available from 75-120 days out. Mine opened at the 75 day mark.

We are on the Crown on 11/7 to the Western Caribbean and are now under 75 days (whoo!!!:D) However, there are still no shore excursions available from Princess to date. I am wondering if it has anything to do with this being the first year the Princess will be calling on Roatan on a weekly basis on their Western Caribbean itinerary.

Tim

We are on the Crown on 11/7 to the Western Caribbean and are now under 75 days (whoo!!!:D) However, there are still no shore excursions available from Princess to date. I am wondering if it has anything to do with this being the first year the Princess will be calling on Roatan on a weekly basis on their Western Caribbean itinerary.

Tim

Yeah I was curious myself if Roatan was the issue. If so, I don't blame them.

I booked one excursion directly with a tour operator. It had great reviews on here so hopefully it will be ok. I want to book the rest through Princess because, well...I'm getting lots of OBC as a bday gift. Ha!

Can't wait to get on the Crown, I have only been on one cruise before and it was a smaller ship on Celebrity. Thanks goodness for these boards because my friends and family must be growing tired of my obsession.

Yeah I was curious myself if Roatan was the issue. If so, I don't blame them.

I booked one excursion directly with a tour operator. It had great reviews on here so hopefully it will be ok. I want to book the rest through Princess because, well...I'm getting lots of OBC as a bday gift. Ha!

Can't wait to get on the Crown, I have only been on one cruise before and it was a smaller ship on Celebrity. Thanks goodness for these boards because my friends and family must be growing tired of my obsession.

You might want to check out Carnival's excursions in Roatan via their website. I suspect they might be similar since Princess is owned by CCL. As for looking at the excursions on Princess, you can search what is generally available via Princess's website. Just go to the shore excursions link under the quick links.

There is one cure for the obsession......more cruises!!!!!!!!! Just remember you can put down a future cruise credit on Princess for your next cruise....

Tim

I'm bumping this because I have another related question, and no need to start a new thread...

Once my excursions become available, does the online booking system require paying for these up front? Or will they be added to the shipboard account?

I'm bumping this because I have another related question, and no need to start a new thread...

Once my excursions become available, does the online booking system require paying for these up front? Or will they be added to the shipboard account?

You aren't charged for excursions until you board the ship. Then they will be added to your shipboard account. ;)

• 1 month later...

Princess use to send a booklet with your cruise documents that contained a detailed descriprion of each excursion available in each port. Did Princess stop sending those out? Is there anywhere I can review excursion on line?

It is hard to select something that has three word title w/o any detail from the list of "Adventures Ashore Tour Reservations" contained with my cruise documents.

Thanks for any help

Princess sends the Adventure Ashore booklet for some cruises. We have taken several 14 day and loner cruises this year and got the book for them.

On cruise personalizer, yo can get a longer description of each cruise. Includes where the tour goes, what is along the way, meals, shopping, etc.

We recently got our packages for our Thanksgiving cruise on the Emerald. They did not include the shore excursions booklets, just a few printed pages listing all the possibilities. I went online to read descriptions.

Princess use to send a booklet with your cruise documents that contained a detailed descriprion of each excursion available in each port. Did Princess stop sending those out? Is there anywhere I can review excursion on line?

It is hard to select something that has three word title w/o any detail from the list of "Adventures Ashore Tour Reservations" contained with my cruise documents.

Thanks for any help

They only send the Adventure Ashore booklet out now on selected cruises. There's a description (in very tiny print!) on the Shore Excursion portion of your Cruise Personalizer. And the brochure itself is available as a PDF download from the Princess website -- just click on "Shore Excursions" under "Learn About Our Cruises" and you'll see the link to Download Brochures on the right side of the screen -- just find your destination and voila, you can print it out and study it at leisure.

Archived