e-Docs

puggrandma

Doing e-docs for the first time, how do we get luggage tags. My TA says she will send me some BUT JUSTIN CASE is there anyway of obtaining them?

Thank You

Puggie's Grandma

Within a couple of weeks after final payment date, we receive an envelope direct from Princess which contains things like the luggage tags. But no worrys, if for some reason they do not arrive (very unlikely though), you can always obtain them at the pier. Enjoy!

TU for answering, but our final payment was made June 18 we have nothing from Princess, that is why I am starting to worry. How much of a hassle is it to do at the pier or can I deal directly with Princess to try and get some. I hate leaving things for the last minute and we sale 9/12.

Thank you

You can have your TA contact Princess to send them out again, or as said, pick them up at the pier. The only thing that takes an extra couple of minutes at the pier is they will need to be filled out. If you don't receive them, make sure you have a pen or marker in your purse or bag to fill in the information. It isn't difficult to get extra tags at the pier at all.

Our pre-cruise documents (with our luggage tags) have never come through our TA but have always come directly from Princess. ;)

It might be how the TA requests it. Mine said to me this time that she would have it mailed to me instead of to her so I didn't have to go pick them up. All I want out of it is the luggage tags, anyway.

doodie:)

I think this happens when you use an "up close and personal" TA. Some TA's think they need to "go over" everything with you. Gotta' show you they're earning their keep. :rolleyes: Can't happen when you're using an online TA or someone who lives in a different state.

I think this happens when you use an "up close and personal" TA. Some TA's think they need to "go over" everything with you. Gotta' show you they're earning their keep. :rolleyes: Can't happen when you're using an online TA or someone who lives in a different state.

Yes I use and upclose and personal TA, she is great!!!!

Get your tags on your luggage before you go to the dock. I was in the process of filling out and putting tags on my 3 bags on my last cruise (NCL) along with a crap load of other people. I got 2 finished when I went to take care of the 3rd, and it was gone. A porter grabbed it and put in on of those huge carts filled with tons of luggage with no colored cabin tag on it. There were so many of those carts that we could not find our bag, and gave up after an hour. Our bag finally found it's way to us via our luggage ID, but it was the next day and it was a PITA.

Lesson learned the hard way ... hope to save others the grief.

Get your tags on your luggage before you go to the dock. I was in the process of filling out and putting tags on my 3 bags on my last cruise (NCL) along with a crap load of other people. I got 2 finished when I went to take care of the 3rd, and it was gone. A porter grabbed it and put in on of those huge carts filled with tons of luggage with no colored cabin tag on it. There were so many of those carts that we could not find our bag, and gave up after an hour. Our bag finally found it's way to us via our luggage ID, but it was the next day and it was a PITA.

Lesson learned the hard way ... hope to save others the grief.

Of course. If you have the tags. Some people have no choice but to fill them out at the pier, since that's where they have to get them.

Of course. If you have the tags. Some people have no choice but to fill them out at the pier, since that's where they have to get them.

If you are cruising Princess there is no reason you should not get your tags in advance from either your TA or Princess. So don't take any excuses for them not arriving.

If someone just plain-ole screws up, then watch your bags closely when you at the pier until you see all your bags on a cart with cabin tags.

It's not a big deal if you don't get them before. Don't stress out. Get to the pier a few minutes earlier then you normally would. It only takes a few minutes to fill them out. Just have someone stay with the bags, ask for the tags and then fill them out then turn the bags in. You will need to know what cabin number you are in but you can find that on line if you have your booking number. All part of the cruise experience. Don't forget a pen. :)

If you are cruising Princess there is no reason you should not get your tags in advance from either your TA or Princess. So don't take any excuses for them not arriving.
Of course there are reasons why some people have to fill out the tags at the pier; don't be so judgmental. In the case of the OP, they should have their TA request another package be sent to them so they have all of the information, including the Passage Contract, and their luggage tags.

I thought that you now get cruise docs by email or e-docs through Princess cruise personalizer? So, you print your own boarding pass, but Princess mails your luggage tags?? I'm not sure which cruise line I previously sailed but I remember just printing my luggage tags from their web site. What am I not understanding? Please clarify for me:confused:

I thought that you now get cruise docs by email or e-docs through Princess cruise personalizer? So, you print your own boarding pass, but Princess mails your luggage tags?? I'm not sure which cruise line I previously sailed but I remember just printing my luggage tags from their web site. What am I not understanding? Please clarify for me:confused:

Princess does have e-docs to print your boarding pass, but they still send out luggage tags via snail mail.

I am sailing on the Coral Princess Sept. 14, 2009. I have taken several cruises before but never with Princess. Is everything done online as far as docs? I have completed everything made available to me online so far, but I have received nothing in the mail. Should I be calling someone for luggage tags and any other documents that are not online?

Should I be calling someone for luggage tags and any other documents that are not online?

You should automatically receive after final payment an envelope from Princess or from your travel agent which includes:

six luggage tags

cruise contract

shore excursion order form (suggest using the internet instead)

shore excursion description booklet (for most cruises)

special notices

If it has been several weeks after final payment date and you have not received this, contact your travel agent or, if you booked directly with Princess, Princess.

Archived